The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by flickchick85, Oct 17, 2019.

1. TheSmoothKnight Registered

This.. I don’t have sources, I’m just a Batman fanboy lol

CondimentKing likes this.
  2. Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

Good Lord how I would love a Catwoman series! Imagine “When In Rome”, or “Selina’s Big Score” in a live action format!

shauner111 likes this.
  3. marsh Registered

No I know but that post made it seem like Jeffery Wright said something new about it.

4. CondimentKing Mitchell Mayo

Ah, gotcha. I haven't heard anything since the original press releases. Wouldn't be surprised if we hear sooner than later though!

5. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

You guys think Warner will use this a jumping off point for a completely difference DCEU?

6. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

7. Doctor Jones shocked and baffled

Multiple verses is a disaster especially with WB at the helm. Though that is so goddamn stupid I wouldn't put it past them.

Right now they're just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. And sometimes a broken clock is right twice a day. Hopefully this movie is one of those times.

KaijuDude1992 and CondimentKing like this.
  8. TheSmoothKnight Registered

9. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

Glad to see Rob learned how to wear his mask right.

10. shauner111 Registered

And “Her Sister’s Keeper”!

Kirk Langstrom likes this.
  11. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I re-watched There Will Be Blood not too long ago and while I can't say that I love the movie itself the peformances in it are just phenomenal and definitely live up to the hype IMO.

That final scene towards the end between DDL and PD is still as intense and chilling as ever and I really do think Dano is going to be an amazing Riddler under the direction of Reeves.

12. shauner111 Registered

Yeah it’s well made but it’s cold AF. I’m more of a Punch Drunk Love guy, but you can’t deny the performances from Dano and DDL in TWBB. I do think Dano was a bit over the top in some scenes though. That movie was 14 years ago and Dano has really matured into an awesome actor. Still, his talent has been there from the beginning.

Crazy how a huge 2008 fancast for Riddler is finally coming true in 2022.

CondimentKing and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  13. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Yeah I definitely think I'm more of a fan of Anderson's earlier work like Boogie Nights and Punch Drunk Love which is still Adam Sandler's best dramatic performance to date IMO.

He does manage do get some great peformances out of his actors though like what he did with Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman in The Master.

I also wish he would learn that not every one of his movies needs to be 2 and a half hours long either lol.

shauner111 likes this.
  14. Gothamsknight Registered

15. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Interesting that they seem to be mostly using a combination of West and Keaton era creations to represent the Bat-mythology. I wonder if we'll see their versions of Batman as well, or a more generic comic iteration.

#21265 Pfeiffer-Pfan, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Gothamsknight likes this.
  16. The Lazarus Pit Registered

Yeah, for sure. Reeves and Abrams are buds. Im betting on that Superman reboot occupying Earth 2 like this movie.

WatchProtect and ernesth100 like this.
  17. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Kinda off topic but it's kinda hilarious how this is DC's third attempt at a successful cinematic universe. Meanwhile Marvel is in Phase 4. No hate, just wondering where they went wrong.

I really wanted the SnyderVerse to come back.

18. Mani-Man Registered

You answered your own question.
    They should never ever have greenlit Snyders mess of a universe.
    It went wrong right from the very start there.

Now they sit in a messy place where stuff from snyder works, where their own stuff sometimes works and sometimes doesnt.
    They have no clear indication what they can use and what not.

19. The Lazarus Pit Registered

I’m convinced if Snyder was allowed to execute his vision without WB’s interference, that the DCEU would have been much more successful. ZSJL struck the perfect tone for a superhero movie universe that isn’t inspired by the MCU.

20. Gothamsknight Registered

Thatd be awesome

Eh i disagree. I think even with more movies to establish things, Snyder's take would have still been polarizing. He has a take on these characters that a lot of the GA seems to not care for. I didn't find ZSJL to be anything special but for the people it worked for, it's because it provided basic superhero fun. I doubt that a sequel to that, especially with the direction it seemed to be headed, would garner the same reception. Dont forget, Man of Steel was mixed too and that was before BVS. People in general had issues with Snyder's view of these characters, so I don't think he should've been handed the keys to begin with.

#21270 Gothamsknight, Apr 4, 2021
    Awest66 and Kirk Langstrom like this.
  21. Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

Seriously. How a movie featuring not one, not two, but THREE of the most iconic comicbook characters of all time DIDNT crack a billion at the box office is just criminal.

#21271 Kirk Langstrom, Apr 4, 2021
    Gothamsknight, Awest66 and shauner111 like this.
  22. Mani-Man Registered

MOS and BvS already showed that this wouldnt have happened.
    The mans vision failed after his first and second movie, giving him more chances and more freedom would have been too much of a gamble.
    And personally i dont think ZSJL struck a perfect tone, that a WW, Aquaman, Shazam, BOP and SS did better imo.

Im convinced if they would have right from the start made sure people know Snyders universe is some alternate world kind of thing, then it would have been more successful.
    Look at a Joker.

Selling Snyders universe as an Elseworld tale, that would have been imo the smartest thing, and i dont get why WB doesnt just say it.
    I mean they said this Batman movie will be earth 2, so why not coming out and say that Snyders universe is, i dont know...earth 22 or earth 8 or so?

23. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

There was also a leaked pic of a guy in Leto esque Joker makeup. Probably just to be in the crowd like the others.

It would be hilarious if Affleck had a brief cameo. I feel like you might actually be able to get Clooney for this?

24. emielaen Registered

I can definitely see them electing to put Coates’ Superman on Earth-2 when the time comes. But hopefully they stay separated in universe for a while.

Probably because it’d make people think those films are continuing. I don’t think they want that lol

shauner111 likes this.
  25. shauner111 Registered

I’m kinda lost with those pics. What’s the context and what am I looking at lol

Zack’s movies didn’t work for a large audience in 2013 or 2016. What makes ppl think his JL would have worked in 2017? It certainly wouldn’t work in theaters if it dropped today. I may like MOS, I may have grown to like chunks of BvS for what it is, and I may really enjoy ZSJL but if WB wanted to create a successful shared universe then Zack shouldn’t have been hired to do that job.

You know what they should have done? Waited. Let Zack make the Superman movie, then hand over the sequel to somebody else. Meanwhile you assign a woman to make 2 or 3 Wonder Woman movies (I like Gal but you can’t tell me she’s the ONLY middle eastern actress who can play Diana). Reeves then makes Batman movies with Pattinson. Now you have an excuse to bring a trinity together. All 3 in their mid to late 30’s for a team-up. That’s the way to go.

Abrams and Reeves are a pair with potential if you want a World’s Finest but let’s leave the Trinity and Justice League stuff out of it.

Awest66 and CondimentKing like this.