The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@marsh I think the original press release that broke the news of Pattinson (deadline?) included a line that said the plan was a trilogy from the start. There's also no way you don't make sequels to a Batman movie with a big name young lead actor anyways, it's their cash cow.

@shauner111 I'd be so down for a Catwoman show.

This.. I don’t have sources, I’m just a Batman fanboy lol

I was gonna watch Prisoners for the Dano fix haha. He’s so perfect for Riddler it’s like a dream come true.

Not trying to turn this thread into something else (it’s related to Battinson) but...after a second viewing of ZSJL, I basically watched a couple of chapters just the other night. And I’m now in agreement with @BatLobster when it comes to the end. The Knightmare scene should have been deleted. All October 2020 “reshoots” should have been deleted. And it shows Ben not caring as much, and Snyder going for the extra edginess + fan service at the end. I think Ben was solid as hell as older Bruce Wayne and he truly does come into his own as the Batman I wanted from him in 2014. But he’s nowhere near the skill set of Robert Pattinson. It’s also a boring depiction of Batman and I’m so hyped for ‘no aliens, no guns blazing’. I am DONE.

It’s over. There won’t be new movies in that universe. It will never happen. I am convinced of it more than ever and it’s not just my biased attitude. Yes I want it to be over but look at WB’s confidence in The Batman over the past week. Most of the big name actors in ZSJL didn’t promote it when it dropped. The Trinity specifically. They don’t care about it. Even if they liked it, they don’t seem to actually care. It was a job, nothing more or less. That’s the vibe I get. Even Momoa would rather promote a pair of boots than post anything about that movie.

Once DC Fandome comes through, most ppl will forget the Snyderverse hashtags and it will just be a vocal minority in the background pestering folks on twitter. The next Batman trailer is going to be huge because there won’t be two Batman trailers existing at once, with two movies on the horizon. Keaton isn’t even sure he wants to do the Flash, so it’s probably a small role as old Bruce. Affleck probably dies. And even the Snyderverse peeps want to boycott the movie. I don’t see it working out well. All focus will be on The Batman and Gotham P.D.

I heard another Catwoman/Zoe show rumour. So get hyped fellow nutcases. We winning. “But it’s not a competition man! We can have both!” nahhhh no more Mister Nice Guy lol. We WINNING. It’s donezo. There is one Batman movie coming out in theaters only. It will be a trilogy with multiple spin offs. With a more invested cast.
Good Lord how I would love a Catwoman series! Imagine “When In Rome”, or “Selina’s Big Score” in a live action format!

@marsh I think the original press release that broke the news of Pattinson (deadline?) included a line that said the plan was a trilogy from the start. There's also no way you don't make sequels to a Batman movie with a big name young lead actor anyways, it's their cash cow.

@shauner111 I'd be so down for a Catwoman show.
No I know but that post made it seem like Jeffery Wright said something new about it.

Ah, gotcha. I haven't heard anything since the original press releases. Wouldn't be surprised if we hear sooner than later though!

You guys think Warner will use this a jumping off point for a completely difference DCEU?

Multiple verses is a disaster especially with WB at the helm. Though that is so goddamn stupid I wouldn't put it past them.

Right now they're just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. And sometimes a broken clock is right twice a day. Hopefully this movie is one of those times.

EyE8fgyWUAAkWPS

I re-watched There Will Be Blood not too long ago and while I can't say that I love the movie itself the peformances in it are just phenomenal and definitely live up to the hype IMO.

That final scene towards the end between DDL and PD is still as intense and chilling as ever and I really do think Dano is going to be an amazing Riddler under the direction of Reeves.

Yeah it’s well made but it’s cold AF. I’m more of a Punch Drunk Love guy, but you can’t deny the performances from Dano and DDL in TWBB. I do think Dano was a bit over the top in some scenes though. That movie was 14 years ago and Dano has really matured into an awesome actor. Still, his talent has been there from the beginning.

Crazy how a huge 2008 fancast for Riddler is finally coming true in 2022.

Yeah I definitely think I'm more of a fan of Anderson's earlier work like Boogie Nights and Punch Drunk Love which is still Adam Sandler's best dramatic performance to date IMO.

He does manage do get some great peformances out of his actors though like what he did with Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman in The Master.

I also wish he would learn that not every one of his movies needs to be 2 and a half hours long either lol.

I'm now even more hyped for this!

Interesting that they seem to be mostly using a combination of West and Keaton era creations to represent the Bat-mythology. I wonder if we'll see their versions of Batman as well, or a more generic comic iteration.

Last edited:
Yeah, for sure. Reeves and Abrams are buds. Im betting on that Superman reboot occupying Earth 2 like this movie.

Kinda off topic but it's kinda hilarious how this is DC's third attempt at a successful cinematic universe. Meanwhile Marvel is in Phase 4. No hate, just wondering where they went wrong.

I really wanted the SnyderVerse to come back.

Kinda off topic but it's kinda hilarious how this is DC's third attempt at a successful cinematic universe. Meanwhile Marvel is in Phase 4. No hate, just wondering where they went wrong.

I really wanted the SnyderVerse to come back.

You answered your own question.
They should never ever have greenlit Snyders mess of a universe.
It went wrong right from the very start there.

Now they sit in a messy place where stuff from snyder works, where their own stuff sometimes works and sometimes doesnt.
They have no clear indication what they can use and what not.

I’m convinced if Snyder was allowed to execute his vision without WB’s interference, that the DCEU would have been much more successful. ZSJL struck the perfect tone for a superhero movie universe that isn’t inspired by the MCU.

Interesting that they seem to be mostly using a combination of West and Keaton era creations to represent the Bat-mythology. I wonder if we'll see their versions of Batman as well, or a more generic comic interation.
Thatd be awesome

I’m convinced if Snyder was allowed to execute his vision without WB’s interference, that the DCEU would have been much more successful. ZSJL struck the perfect tone for a superhero movie universe that isn’t inspired by the MCU.
Eh i disagree. I think even with more movies to establish things, Snyder's take would have still been polarizing. He has a take on these characters that a lot of the GA seems to not care for. I didn't find ZSJL to be anything special but for the people it worked for, it's because it provided basic superhero fun. I doubt that a sequel to that, especially with the direction it seemed to be headed, would garner the same reception. Dont forget, Man of Steel was mixed too and that was before BVS. People in general had issues with Snyder's view of these characters, so I don't think he should've been handed the keys to begin with.

Last edited:
Thatd be awesome

Eh i disagree. I think even with more movies to establish things, Snyder's take would have still been polarizing. He has a ton a d take on these characters that a lot of the GA seems to not care for. I didn't find ZSJL to be anything special but for the people it worked for, it's because it provided basic superhero fun. I doubt that a sequel to that, especially with the direction it seemed to be headed, would garner the same reception. Dont forget, Man of Steel was mixed too and that was before BVS. People in general had issues with Snyder's view of these characters, so I don't think he should've been handed the keys to begin with.
Seriously. How a movie featuring not one, not two, but THREE of the most iconic comicbook characters of all time DIDNT crack a billion at the box office is just criminal.

Last edited:

MOS and BvS already showed that this wouldnt have happened.
The mans vision failed after his first and second movie, giving him more chances and more freedom would have been too much of a gamble.
And personally i dont think ZSJL struck a perfect tone, that a WW, Aquaman, Shazam, BOP and SS did better imo.

Im convinced if they would have right from the start made sure people know Snyders universe is some alternate world kind of thing, then it would have been more successful.
Look at a Joker.

Selling Snyders universe as an Elseworld tale, that would have been imo the smartest thing, and i dont get why WB doesnt just say it.
I mean they said this Batman movie will be earth 2, so why not coming out and say that Snyders universe is, i dont know...earth 22 or earth 8 or so?

Interesting that they seem to be mostly using a combination of West and Keaton era creations to represent the Bat-mythology. I wonder if we'll see their versions of Batman as well, or a more generic comic interation.
There was also a leaked pic of a guy in Leto esque Joker makeup. Probably just to be in the crowd like the others.

It would be hilarious if Affleck had a brief cameo. I feel like you might actually be able to get Clooney for this?

I can definitely see them electing to put Coates’ Superman on Earth-2 when the time comes. But hopefully they stay separated in universe for a while.

MOS and BvS already showed that this wouldnt have happened.
The mans vision failed after his first and second movie, giving him more chances and more freedom would have been too much of a gamble.
And personally i dont think ZSJL struck a perfect tone, that a WW, Aquaman, Shazam, BOP and SS did better imo.

Im convinced if they would have right from the start made sure people know Snyders universe is some alternate world kind of thing, then it would have been more successful.
Look at a Joker.

Selling Snyders universe as an Elseworld tale, that would have been imo the smartest thing, and i dont get why WB doesnt just say it.
I mean they said this Batman movie will be earth 2, so why not coming out and say that Snyders universe is, i dont know...earth 22 or earth 8 or so?

Probably because it’d make people think those films are continuing. I don’t think they want that lol

I’m kinda lost with those pics. What’s the context and what am I looking at lol

Zack’s movies didn’t work for a large audience in 2013 or 2016. What makes ppl think his JL would have worked in 2017? It certainly wouldn’t work in theaters if it dropped today. I may like MOS, I may have grown to like chunks of BvS for what it is, and I may really enjoy ZSJL but if WB wanted to create a successful shared universe then Zack shouldn’t have been hired to do that job.

You know what they should have done? Waited. Let Zack make the Superman movie, then hand over the sequel to somebody else. Meanwhile you assign a woman to make 2 or 3 Wonder Woman movies (I like Gal but you can’t tell me she’s the ONLY middle eastern actress who can play Diana). Reeves then makes Batman movies with Pattinson. Now you have an excuse to bring a trinity together. All 3 in their mid to late 30’s for a team-up. That’s the way to go.

Abrams and Reeves are a pair with potential if you want a World’s Finest but let’s leave the Trinity and Justice League stuff out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"