The Batman Spoiler Discussion Thread

First off, I don't believe it.

But secondly, if it's just a building or a piece of paper with a Lexcorp logo on it, who cares?
It just cracks me up because how would RPK get this information? It sounds so made up.

Most likely made up lol if it’s true, I can hear it now. “How dare you try to replace Jesse Eisenberg!!”

a good enough writer can make them stronger again in terms of main villains who knew Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow would work so well for Batman Begins?

for me unused villains that could work as a main villain

Mad Hatter
Hush
Clayface
Killer Croc
Ventrilliquist
Firefly
Hugo Strange

any and all of these could work with the right story
Mad Hatter deserves a shot at some point. I have a feeling we might get Huge Strange and Firefly within a couple of films. I’d love to see Killer Croc if they could get him right.

Colour me skeptical. Especially since it implies Penguin is a politician which he pretty clearly isn't.

How the hell do you get Peter Sarsgaard as Janice Porter from Dark Victory? Janice Porter was a sexy, anti-Batman DA who was having a lurid affair with Two-Face.

Is there a clean post someone can share
That establishes what you guys actually know to be true (or VERY highly likely) to happen in this movie that removes all the jerk off pontificating and “I would love if...” theories?

Is there a clean post someone can share
That establishes what you guys actually know to be true (or VERY highly likely) to happen in this movie that removes all the jerk off pontificating and “I would love if...” theories?
Nothing beyond the trailer.

Those spoilers going around on the Hype feel like a total nothing burger to me. It's exactly what almost anyone would guess based on everything we've seen so far and the stuff about the suit is a huge red flag.

Yeah I agree, I'm not outright dismissing anything but all that stuff is basically dangling in front of our faces anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest is just made up. If Penguin is also just a small time Gangster I dont see why Bruce would think he did anything to his parents.

Yeah I agree, I'm not outright dismissing anything but all that stuff is basically dangling in front of our faces anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest is just made up. If Penguin is also just a small time Gangster I dont see why Bruce would think he did anything to his parents.
Because that's an idea from Earth One whoever made these rumors up pilfered.

Keep in mind as well that, while of course it could have been re-written, knowing they offered the part to Jonah Hill Penguin was clearly written as a younger man before Colin came aboard.

Small timer hired by a big timer.

I thought the word was Warner wanted Jonah not Reeves?

I think it's weird that the Wayne murder probably happened 20 Ish years ago and that it didnt automatically propel Cobblepot into a bigger role than Falcones enforcer/right hand. For Penguin to be involved he'd have to atleast be Farrell's age. Hill is only a year older than Pattinson.

I thought the word was Warner wanted Jonah not Reeves?

I think it's weird that the Wayne murder probably happened 20 Ish years ago and that it didnt automatically propel Cobblepot into a bigger role than Falcones enforcer/right hand. For Penguin to be involved he'd have to atleast be Farrell's age. Hill is only a year older than Pattinson.
Exactly what was going on with Jonah is unclear, we just know he was up for both roles at some point or another. Even if he was a WB choice that still implies there wasn't a major plot point in the script that required Oz to be older than Bruce.

Agreed ^ anything that leak gets right will just be coincidental

Yeah, that leak reads a bit too "fan-y" to me. Maaaybe we wind up seeing a second suit, but if we do, it won't be until the third act of the film. What we've seen is Batman's main look for the majority of the film, if not the entirety of it.

I don’t buy the suit part either. But he did say later in the movie aka third act. He could be without a suit for most of the second act.

@marsh said he got the GvK stuff right. Ok but was this leak before the trailer or after?

I like the Falcone/Riddler stuff.

I don’t buy the suit part either. But he did say later in the movie aka third act. He could be without a suit for most of the second act.

@marsh said he got the GvK stuff right. Ok but was this leak before the trailer or after?

I like the Falcone/Riddler stuff.

I’m also pretty sure some stuff on GvK leaked ahead of time too, but I’d need to more research to verify.

I like a lot of what I’m hearing, mind you, but it also reads to me as almost being a “Greatest Hits” of previous rumors/fake leaks that had popped up on Reddit over the past year. We’ll see what happens though!

Also, I strongly doubt Bruce will be without a Batsuit for the majority of Act 2, especially since that’d imply Bruce spends most of the film not as Batman. Acts 1 and 3 are typically the shortest parts of a movie, while Act 2 is the big chunk of it all.

I pass along some tea, which I do say to drink with caution. Nothing more. I also NEVER came into this section dangling any of this stuff, so take it easy in the pms, the last thing I need is more reddit folks getting in my dms.

I pass along some tea, which I do say to drink with caution. Nothing more. I also NEVER came into this section dangling any of this stuff, so take it easy in the pms, the last thing I need is more reddit folks getting in my dms.

Understood! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"