The Batman Spoiler Discussion Thread

That is a very good question, actually.

@Doctor Jones or @DKDetective - would that be permissible or would that violate the rules about leaked material on the (very, very) off chance its legit?

There is no prohibition here against posting spoilers in the appropriate spoiler threads even if they come from alleged leaks. It is leaked copyrighted materials (eg. footage, photos, etc.) that are prohibited.

Now the poster who originated that information here did so by PM, they may have done that for a reason and may not be comfortable with the info being posted openly on public forums. I would check with them if they are comfortable with you posting it on here openly. The rules require that PMs be kept private unless there is written permission from all those involved in the PM.

So everyone wants to (potentially) spoil the movie for themselves ?
Come on guys, resist ! Have some will !
Remember, will is everything !

0fd2740d43789ef315d71aadffbc21d2bec1e5a0_full.jpg

More seriously, to my understanding, nothing confirms those leak to be real, right ?
On one hand, I would suggest just posting what appears to be speculation on here, so it can be discussed instead of everyone reading it on their own...I like those times where all the fandom imagination is going wild at each little nuggets thrown to us, that's the fun of this board.
On another hand, in recent years, there have been a lot of early leaks, first dismissed as BS, that have come to be true. And with its delay, The Batman just has that big window of time for things to really leak, so... Could be a more dangerous game than usual to read all of this...

Yeah, I change my mind, don't post anything here (or with spoiler tags, so I can only damn myself for watching it).

Last edited:
I would like to request a PM my good sir

Yep. Generic rumors are pretty much dead center what my "rules of thumb" are about, because generic rumors can both be interpreted in tons of convenient ways, and tend to be mostly obvious stuff any fan could figure out with guesswork. Even assuming no bad faith they don't serve as much more than a Rorschach blot for excitable fans. . . and the rumor mill industry has a *lot* of bad faith, because being a carnival barker makes money. Fans *want* to be deceived into thinking that they've just been delivered True Insider Knowledge.

I mean, really. I have precisely zero insider industry knowledge. I'm not a journalist, I have no contacts. I am just a dude on this forum whose been following news about the movie. I could still come up with a decent list of elaborate, plausible seeming "leaked spoilers" for the movie that have a decent chance of being at least a little true. If I threw in a few fanservice gimmes, I could instead sacrifice accuracy and gain a lot of added positive attention.

Speaking as someone with experience in that area, most of the spoilers or leaks I see coming out for films like this are usually fake. Especially ones that originate at 4chan. I've lost count of the amount of fake spoilers I've seen for Infinity War, Endgame, etc.

IE Captain America was going to die fighting off Thanos as the Avengers are jumping through dimensions. OR Captain Marvel takes the name Captain in honor of the fallen Captain America.

I’m also pretty sure some stuff on GvK leaked ahead of time too, but I’d need to more research to verify.

I like a lot of what I’m hearing, mind you, but it also reads to me as almost being a “Greatest Hits” of previous rumors/fake leaks that had popped up on Reddit over the past year. We’ll see what happens though!

Also, I strongly doubt Bruce will be without a Batsuit for the majority of Act 2, especially since that’d imply Bruce spends most of the film not as Batman. Acts 1 and 3 are typically the shortest parts of a movie, while Act 2 is the big chunk of it all.

The stuff that leaked here on GvK, the reason I believed it because the poster was a longtime poster here and he also provided very specific examples that also lined up perfectly with all the footage we had seen previously. And then as we were getting more footage it was lining up even more with what he had said. Also, the person who provided it was very respectful and was open about it. It didn't feel like he was trying to con us or pull one over on us.

I find it very shady and suspicious that a lot of these so-called professional scoopers and leakers put a lot of rumors, a lot of which are very vague, behind paywals and Patreons. It's very disingenuous to me. And some of the rumors are very gossipy LURID tabloid-esque rumors like "OMG! GAL GADOT IS CONCERNED SHE WILL GET FIRED BY WB OVER HER TWEETS!"

The stuff that leaked here on GvK, the reason I believed it because the poster was a longtime poster here and he also provided very specific examples that also lined up perfectly with all the footage we had seen previously. And then as we were getting more footage it was lining up even more with what he had said. Also, the person who provided it was very respectful and was open about it. It didn't feel like he was trying to con us or pull one over on us.

I find it very shady and suspicious that a lot of these so-called professional scoopers and leakers put a lot of rumors, a lot of which are very vague, behind paywals and Patreons. It's very disingenuous to me. And some of the rumors are very gossipy LURID tabloid-esque rumors like "OMG! GAL GADOT IS CONCERNED SHE WILL GET FIRED BY WB OVER HER TWEETS!"

That's certainly fair! I don't mean to sound disrespectful or rude to the source.

However, going off of the leaks as they were presented to me the other day, I do still feel that they read as being a sort of "Greatest Hits" of a number of rumors I've seen on Reddit for The Batman ever since DC FanDome happened. We'll see what happens though!

There's apparently a new "leak" on reddit and the guy apparently deleted his account after posting it.

I read it all and it sounds like educated guesses mixed with some b.s. I doubt anyone can know that much info right now. I just don’t buy it when it’s that detailed.

I assume all leaks are fake but this is the most interesting leak we've had so far. There's a specificity to it that feels authentic and even if they are BSing I think they are totally right about the Batmobile.

The Batmobile thing is real, the door is welded shut and there's no handle in the toys or trailer. The leak said its modelled after this:

Combined with no new suit or Joker or Harvey or Firefly it's the most plausible leak yet imo. The Batmobile thing is hilariously specific

Last edited:
Any moron can see things that are right in front of their face or take quotes from Matt Reeves and compile them into a leak. Just because a guy says there is only one bat suit, doesn’t mean it’s a leak lol. Folks on reddit are using that as a sign that he’s probably telling the truth lmfao

Obviously, but the car thing is sooooooo specific. I've never seen any one notice that the Batmobile literally has doors welded together and doesn't have door handles. I'm not saying everything in the leak is real or even that it's 100% but it's easily the most interesting leak we've seen and it not appealing to what nerds want is part of that. Regardless I think the car thing is real. And this is around the time some little tidbits come out and actually are true

It's hilariously goofy that Batman has to crawl or jump through the windows and I think that bit is real. The windows would probably be rolled down remotely and the doors are welded so no one can get in

one thing that might be accurate is that Bruce will use the batmobile for the first time in this movie. it looks like he's currently building it in the trailer.

Why would he crawl? He just has to hop in and out of the window. I’ve heard people discuss this about the batmobile last year. I do think that part is true. But that’s from taking a look at the car. No biggie.

@shauner111 I imagine jumping through a car window in bulky armour and a cape is a bit tough to do. I don't mean he's *literally* going to crawl through the opening and get stuck, but it's just a funny visual. The whole idea of having no door or top opening is a bit goofy in a good way. Look at how the guys get into the car in the video I posted. Sure, Batman will be more elegant than that but you got to admit it's kinda funny. I'm sure it'll be filmed in a cool way though - I like the concept. Give me outtakes of Pattinson trying to get into the car awkwardly!

Imagine the scene in TDK where Batman has to rescue Rachel but it's this Batman and he's struggling to get in the car lmao

Can someone pm a link? Thanks.

The one Shauner and I are talking about isn't the one that's being messaged around. You can find it on r/DCEUspoilers on Reddit. The one being messaged around is entirely things we basically already know + guessing

I found the whole set that was on reddit before being deleted. Had to search Twitter and I gotta say, I really like what I'm hearing. Sure it could be guesses but as condimentking said, the car thing is so specific lol.

If it's true I have a feeling that he might not be in the Batsuit when in the Batmobile most of the time. I can easily imagine undercover Bruce sliding across the hood of the Batmobile then hopping through the window more than I can imagine a guy in a giant cape and armour doing the same. The windows are super dark in the trailer, so it's hard to tell, but he definitely carries the suit around his backpack. Would certainly be more comfortable to drive in his undercover getup. Although there is that set of promo photos of him in the suit standing around the car, so who knows

Gets his cape caught when rolling up the window and needs to call Alfred for help lol

Yeah it can be spoofed quite easily lol. I do like what I read btw, I just don’t believe it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"