The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just Googled it and found a bunch of articles saying that he screen-tested, met with Kenneth Branagh, and was a leading contender for a little while, so yes, he was. But I digress. I don't know if he'd make a good Batman, I don't watch True Blood.

I don't know if he's been mentioned before, but I've been thinking Aaron Johnson might be a good Riddler.

I was just putting that out there. Fassbender is still my favorite.

how bout skaargard for wayne and maganiello for batman? i mean, the role is essentially two characters :cwink:

Skarsgard as Superman is pretty off. And Manganiello should stay the hell away from Batman please.

Well, to clear up the Bill Murray thing from the previous thread, I was incorrect. Ivan Reitman was in charge of a Batman movie way back before Burton was even involved and Murray was going to star as the lead before the film got scrapped. I didn't even know Reitman was ever involved, and it sounds like it was pretty bad (multiple rewrites and what seems like too many characters). Some of the casting choices sounded pretty good to me (David Bowie as The Joker, David Niven as Alfred), but I still don't think I could buy Murray as Batman, even when he was younger. And I'm a huge fan of Murray (especially 80s-90s Murray), but I just can't see that working.

Check out this fascinating article for more details on a bunch of failed Batman projects. A few of these I've never heard of. I have to admit... a morbid part of me really wished Nicolas Cage had played the Scarecrow, lol. Seriously... has there been ONE comic book movie franchise that Cage hasn't pursued in some way, shape or form?

http://whatculture.com/film/before-the-dark-knight-rises-10-batman-films-that-never-were.php

i like most everyone, love bill murray. but murray as batman would have been absurd. also read on imdb that willem dafoe was up for the joker as well. baldwin and dafoe would have been perfect casting.

Last edited:
Baldwin and Dafoe, wow, that would have been somethin.

My idea pretty much would be to wait 8 years before started production, so that the next film is released in 2022

Essentially I'd like four films:
A bit of Year One, with The Long Halloween
Dark Victory
A Death in the Family
Hush

A Batman: Beyond spinoff would be nice too.

Directed by: Guillermo Del Toro
Story by: Jeph Loeb
Screenplay by: Paul Dini
Cinematography by: Guillermo Navarro
Music by: Nick Arundel (first choice), Jesper Kyd (second choice) or Inon Zur (third choice)

Batman - Jim Caviezel
Gordon - Bryan Cranston
Lucius Fox - Denzel Washington
Alfred - Jared Harris

Harvey Dent - Joaquin Phoenix
Joker - Andrew Scott
Black Mask - Johnny Depp
Hush - Michael Fassbender
Ras Al-Ghul - Viggo Mortensen or Ralph Fiennes
Mr Freeze - Hugo Weaving
Riddler - Robert Downey Jr or Michael C Hall
Calendar Man - Conleth Hill
Falcone - Robert De Niro
Maroni - Al Pacino
Loeb - Danny De Vito
Taliah - Kate Beckinsale
Flass - Bruce Willis
Albert Falcone - Adrien Brody
Selina Kyle/Catwoman - Angelina Jolie
Poison Ivy - Mila Jovovich
Sofia Gigante - ???

My idea pretty much would be to wait 8 years before started production, so that the next film is released in 2022

Essentially I'd like four films:
A bit of Year One, with The Long Halloween
Dark Victory
A Death in the Family
Hush

A Batman: Beyond spinoff would be nice too.

Directed by: Guillermo Del Toro
Story by: Jeph Loeb
Screenplay by: Paul Dini
Cinematography by: Guillermo Navarro
Music by: Nick Arundel (first choice), Jesper Kyd (second choice) or Inon Zur (third choice)

Batman - Jim Caviezel
Gordon - Bryan Cranston
Lucius Fox - Denzel Washington
Alfred - Jared Harris

Harvey Dent - Joaquin Phoenix
Joker - Andrew Scott
Black Mask - Johnny Depp
Hush - Michael Fassbender
Ras Al-Ghul - Viggo Mortensen or Ralph Fiennes
Mr Freeze - Hugo Weaving
Riddler - Robert Downey Jr or Michael C Hall
Calendar Man - Conleth Hill
Falcone - Robert De Niro
Maroni - Al Pacino
Loeb - Danny De Vito
Taliah - Kate Beckinsale
Flass - Bruce Willis
Albert Falcone - Adrien Brody
Selina Kyle/Catwoman - Angelina Jolie
Poison Ivy - Mila Jovovich
Sofia Gigante - ???
For me personally, i REALLY dont want to see straight up adaptations for Batman. And Year One/Long Halloween was touched on alot with Begins/TDK. So i never wanna see that. I want something completely different.

God no to Jolie and Beckinsale.

Ive been saying Cranston/Washington for Gordon & Fox for a while now so thumbs up to that. Well, everyone says Cranston lol. And Adrien Brody is a great choice for Alberto Falcone.

You say you want the movie to come out in 2022, but cast actors too old in 2012?

That's exactly it. I want to see the film done with an older cast this time. We've seen Bat's in his 20s/30s enough times now. Let's see him as an older guy.

And in terms of all those stories, I'd want them to take inspiration from the stories mentioned, but let Loeb and Dini take creative liberty with them. In terms of Year One/Long Halloween, I mainly just meant having Catwoman/Selina's origin paralleling Bruce's and have her with the prostitute origin.

Also the thing with the force actively going after Gordon and his family physically. Another thing they should do is have Bruce training on the grounds, and shots of the graveyard. Etc. More from the mobsters (don't just say "here's a mobster" but essentially make it a Batman-Mobster film; maybe even get Scorcese or Coppola to Produce) and their families this time. Show us the calendar man.

When I say Year One/Long Halloween I want the aspects that Nolan didn't touch on because it wasn't his style. We got our dark and gritty revamp for audiences, now give us BATMAN. The version of Batman that we've all come to know in New Earth. Not "the Batman" - I want, "Batman".

This is kinda off topic, but I think Gerorge Clooney would've been good Batman if he was given right script.
And also Robin Williams would've been great Joker.

That's exactly it. I want to see the film done with an older cast this time. We've seen Bat's in his 20s/30s enough times now. Let's see him as an older guy.

And in terms of all those stories, I'd want them to take inspiration from the stories mentioned, but let Loeb and Dini take creative liberty with them. In terms of Year One/Long Halloween, I mainly just meant having Catwoman/Selina's origin paralleling Bruce's and have her with the prostitute origin.

Also the thing with the force actively going after Gordon and his family physically. Another thing they should do is have Bruce training on the grounds, and shots of the graveyard. Etc. More from the mobsters (don't just say "here's a mobster" but essentially make it a Batman-Mobster film; maybe even get Scorcese or Coppola to Produce) and their families this time. Show us the calendar man.

When I say Year One/Long Halloween I want the aspects that Nolan didn't touch on because it wasn't his style. We got our dark and gritty revamp for audiences, now give us BATMAN. The version of Batman that we've all come to know in New Earth. Not "the Batman" - I want, "Batman".
Caviezel would be 53 years old. That's Dark Knight Returns age.

You really need to look up the definition of condescension before trying to say someone is being as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"