Casting the DC Universe - Part 2

I could see Keanu playing Brainiac and fans not take it seriously.

Keanu is always at his best with a gun in his hand so I think it's best to give him a role that plays to his strengths. He'd nail the Captain Cold role partly cuz of this in my opinion.

Javier Bardem has always been the only person that I want to play Vandal Savage but I could list a few who would be great in the role.

As for Brainiac, I could see alot of people in this role that would be more effective than Keanu. Kiefer Sutherland, Michael C. Hall, Rufus Sewell, Michael Sheen, Clive Owen, Mark Strong, Damian Lewis, Toby Stephens, Luke Evans, Richard Armitage, Chiwetel Ejiofo, Ralph Feinnes.
If it were up to me doh, I'd pick Liam Neeson just cuz I'm a huge fan and Brainiac is really the only character in the DCU that I can see him playing lol.

Keanu as Snart would be great. He’s got a stone-cold yet campy quality that'd be fun to watch.

Last edited:
@NotNickFury
- I think Rosie O'Donnell should play Bullock. She can play it as a man or woman, I wouldn't care but I swear She is exactly how I see Bullock. hahaha!

@FeedOnATreeFrog
-I know what you mean! I'd prefer it if Keanu played it without being campy but you're absolutely right. He's great with that stuff and would totally excel playing it either way.

giphy.gif

Ignoring this fool over here :-)o) the need for a Blue/Gold movie is quite high, in my opinion. Zachary Levi is also my top choice to play Ted, opposite James Franco as Booster. With a backup pairing of Adam Devine and Zac Efron.
Either way, Beetle and Booster NEED to get in the DCEU NOW!

Warner-Bros-Developing-Booster-Gold-and-Blue-Beetle-Movie.jpg

MV5BMTAyNTAzMTA4OTJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDA4NDI2Njk@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
MV5BMTIyOTc0MjE5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgyODQwMg@@._V1_UY317_CR7,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

adam-devine-1-sized.jpg
images-3.jpg

Jaime Reyes is more deserving of the big screen treatment imo. He's the only Blue Beetle I'm interested in seeing in the DCEU. He has a cool look, amazing powers and is already popular... Sorry Ted fans but the sucessor has taken the mantle to a whole new level never reached by previous iterations :o

Jaime Reyes is more deserving of the big screen treatment imo. He's the only Blue Beetle I'm interested in seeing in the DCEU. He has a cool look, amazing powers and is already popular... Sorry Ted fans but the sucessor has taken the mantle to a whole new level never reached by previous iterations :o
I agree, I think they can incorporate Jaime taking the mantle from Ted though.

Bill Skarsgard as the new Joker especially if they ever replace Leto as Joker then he would be my pick and given how terrifying he is as Pennywise the Clown in the IT remake I can definitely see him as The Joker

Just caught up on Master of None and totally fell in love with Alessandra Mastronardi. So, should WB want to cast an Italian actress for Zatanna...

2n3tpmpopjyy.jpg

Last edited:
^^^That girl beautiful. She's got the look. Don't know about the acting. I would prefer Zatanna as Italian or Italian descent.

^^^That girl beautiful. She's got the look. Don't know about the acting. I would prefer Zatanna as Italian or Italian descent.

Well, the rumor way back was that WB was looking for Latino actresses for Zatanna. And personally, so long as they make her half Italian, I'd be fine with that, or any other race.

Jack Lowden (the other pilot in Dunkirk) as....Constantine? Green Arrow? Hal Jordan? Nightwing?

agVfe.jpg

Also, Riz Ahmed for...someone

TELEMMGLPICT000140902476_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq6844extr6dIv-d8O8PIpPrFnE7heq-OXUN9p51zj21c.jpeg

Saint Walker? Reverse Flash? Hermes? Nightwing? Joker?

Last edited:
CbN2Zv.jpg

Justice League Dark fancast!

Joe Dempsie-- Constantine
Alessandra Mastronardi-- Zatanna
Wes Bentley-- Deadman
Luke Evans-- Etrigan
Emeraude Toubia-- Black Orchid
Boris Kodjoe-- Dr Mist

No idea who I'd cast as Swamp Thing or Madame Xanadu.

Last edited:
Ooo, I like Dempsie as Constantine, and Evans as Jason Blood.

I'd prefer an older Constantine. Riz could be a fun Deadman but I got him down as Mr. Miracle now.

I never thought about Joe Dempsie , but then again, I've only ever seen him in Skins. The fact he was born in Liverpool is definitely a bonus in his favor, though.

Swamp Thing can pretty much be any blonde white dude considering he'll probably be mocap for most of the flick sans maybe occasional flashbacks or instances he changes back.

I'm still completely sold on Farrell, McGregor, and Perlman as Constantine, Blood, and Swamp Thing

CbN2Zv.jpg

Justice League Dark fancast!

Joe Dempsie-- Constantine
Alessandra Mastronardi-- Zatanna
Wes Bentley-- Deadman
Luke Evans-- Etrigan
Emeraude Toubia-- Black Orchid
Boris Kodjoe-- Dr Mist

No idea who I'd cast as Swamp Thing or Madame Xanadu.

Pretty, pretty good.

Ewan McGregor I would go with him or Jude Law as Constantine

Gah, I want this movie so bad.

Or at least, ya know, more JLD comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back