The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a suggestion.

Also, I ONLY want Aronofsky to direct the next Batman movie IF we get to see Batman in a hockey mask and a cape. I need to see that once in my life. He should call himself The Goaltender Avenger and go around grunting lines like "I AM wearing hockey pads!"

xlfrqg.jpg

I wouldn't mind Joe Manganiello as Batman, but he'd be great as Hawkman.

He isn't right for either, at least not the brilliant archaeologist version.

The only DC role Manganiello fits like a glove is....

Lobo_DC.jpg

I wouldn't at all be opposed to Farrel as Batman but I feel there are better choices

fincher would be a way better choice than darren
Most definitely.
Hey, if Total Recall is a hit, what about Colin Farrell? I remember he was rumored for the role way back when the Batman vs. Superman movie was in pre-production. It turned out to be totally false, but some fans were open to the idea back then. There are probably better choices, but I've always felt Farrell was underrated.
I wouldn't at all be opposed to Farrel as Batman but I feel there are better choices
Pretty much agree with what Changeling said.
The only DC role Manganiello fits like a glove is....[LOBO]
I'd rather not have an actor I like as a character I find stupid.

I don't expect Total Recall to be hit (or any good) at all, but I don't hate the idea of Farrell as Batman. He's a great, seriously underrated actor, imo. Still, as others have said, I think there are options that fit the role better.

Lol, I do read your posts Majik, I agree with a lot of things you say, most the time, and I even backed you up on your Pace pick for batman when people mentioned it didn't fit with bales suit on your little fan poster

But in the last few pages it seems like you don't just give your dissenting opinion on everything, you're obnoxious about it. Just an observation and my opinion. More power to ya if that's the way you want to go about things.

I don't expect Total Recall to be hit (or any good) at all, but I don't hate the idea of Farrell as Batman. He's a great, seriously underrated actor, imo. Still, as others have said, I think there are options that fit the role better.
I think it's gonna be good remake honestly, but I don't think it's going to be a hit either.
I do find Farrell underrated as well.
Then I'd suggest you avoid 'Magic Mike.'
And miss my sexy menz dancing half naked? Why would I avoid that? :huh:

The one thing the new batman movie needs is Alfred "The Punisher" Pennyworth..........

Lol, I do read your posts Majik, I agree with a lot of things you say, most the time, and I even backed you up on your Pace pick for batman when people mentioned it didn't fit with bales suit on your little fan poster

But in the last few pages it seems like you don't just give your dissenting opinion on everything, you're obnoxious about it. Just an observation and my opinion. More power to ya if that's the way you want to go about things.
You mean disagreeing about Aronofsky as director and using the character of Hush? :huh:
And about not judging an actor's ability to act based on their personality?

I suggest to you, and all other posters who feel the same way, to read all of my posts because I disagree as much as I agree from casting from others; but like I've said before, people here focus on the negative/disagreement posts than the positive/agreement posts.
The one thing the new batman movie needs is Alfred "The Punisher" Pennyworth..........
I definitely want to see more from Alfred's past from WW2, and how resourceful he can be.

Lobo_DC.jpg

HEY LOOK!!! IT'S JASON MOMOA!!!

LOL, he really does look like his Game of Thrones character. I never noticed that before.

Momoa as Lobo would be brilliant casting. A character I don't give two sh**s about portrayed by a guy whose delivery is completely flat except when he's speaking a made-up language.

I definitely want to see more from Alfred's past from WW2, and how resourceful he can be.
I like the idea of a younger and rougher Alfred played by Liam Cunningham.

tumblr_m2e6anP3yW1qf6rmlo1_500.jpg

Also, Batman and Alfred -

tumblr_m2yatuJWO21r4gc4k-1.jpg

I think it's gonna be good remake honestly, but I don't think it's going to be a hit either.
I do find Farrell underrated as well.
I have no love for the original film, so I'm open to being surprised by the remake. I just never expect much from Wiseman.

Manganiello is right for stupid characters.
He's also right for strong, good-hearted, noble characters like the one he plays on True Blood.

And I'd just like to point out that Majik wasn't the one who suggested Pace or Manganiello, but he's clearly supporting those options. He's not just supporting his own suggestions. Anyone who thinks he's simply negative toward anyone else's ideas that aren't his own really must NOT be reading his posts.

EDIT: I love the idea of Liam Cunningham as Alfred. :up:

Last edited:
He was cast in True Blood for the same reasons he was cast in Magic Mike.

He's basically a cheaper, lower budget Channing Tatum. He's not an actor anyone can take seriously.

To go from someone as talented as Bale to someone as laughable as Joe would be one of the worst disservices Nolan could do to the Batman franchise.

He was cast in True Blood for the same reasons he was cast in Magic Mike.

He's basically a cheaper, lower budget Channing Tatum. He's not an actor anyone can take seriously.
Oh please, he's nothing like Channing Tatum. Just like Matt Bomer is nothing like Channing Tatum. Just like Matthew McConaughey is nothing like Channing Tatum. Just because they're all in the same movie (which is getting good reviews btw, so you can stop acting like its some sort of embarassment) doesn't make them all the same types of actors. They're all very different.

They only thing they have in common that allowed them to get their roles in Magic Mike is that they're hot. That shouldn't be held against them. They should be judged on their individual merits as actors. Channing Tatum's individual merits are that he's awesome at comedy and generally sucks at drama (imo). Manganiello's individual merits are that he's solid (though has yet to prove better than that) at both comedy and drama, and he just happens to have a very believable noble presence. Which is why some of us can see him as a potential superhero.

I was being a bit sarcastic in regards to Alfred's gun toting version in the new animated series. Seeing some of his past would be interesting though

If Manganiello was that good, he'd end up with better roles than playing jocks, sleezy *****ebags, male bimbo types and sex objects.

That's really all he's capable of.

Even Tatum ended up with better work.

To even mention either of them with regards to a quality film like Batman, under supervision by Chris Nolan, is completely laughable.

OK. Time to distract all of you guys again.

I found this on deviantArt, courtesy of Ciro1984.

the_waynes_of_gotham_by_ciro1984-d4x8nqf.jpg

Jon Hamm as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Ian Somerhalder as Dick Grayson Wayne/Nightwing
Jensen Ackles as Jason Todd Wayne/Red Hood
Logan Lerman as Tim Drake Wayne/Red Robin
Kitty Zhang as Cassandra Cain Wayne/Black Bat
Arsalan Ghasemi as Damian Wayne/Robin

If Manganiello was that good, he'd end up with better roles than playing jocks, sleezy *****ebags, male bimbo types and sex objects.

That's really all he's capable of.
The guy's career is just now taking off. A bit soon for a career post-mortem analysis. True Blood was his breakout, in which he's playing an actual character that's neither a jock, a sleezy *****ebag, or a male bimbo, and no more a sex object than any other actor on that show (I believe he's been on the show for 3 seasons and can only recall one sex scene he's had in that entire time). It's too early to tell where he'll go next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"