The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither.
Mads Mikkelsen is my ideal pick. He just has this worn out feel to him. Very cold and stoic.

Cuz he's bald? I just dont see him as Freeze.

He wasn't bald in anything I've seen him in, I just think he is good in roles where he's obsessive to the point he feels his actions are always justified due to the hand life has dealt him.

Josh Brolin would make a great Gordon for a Year One-type thing, but I think he and Ben are too close in age otherwise. Maybe he can do his TLJ impression and be a Batman Forever style Two-Face?

How awesome would it to be to hear that voice say something like,
"I will shatter your frozen body like glass"?

Mikkelsen has this feeling about him of being cold and stoic. His face alludes to that, not just how he carries himself or how his voice sounds, but it's the face. Yet, more importantly, there's an element of sadness to it as well. I think it's the eyes. For all I know, he could be the happiest fella walking today, but there's this constant look of sadness in the eyes and facial expressions. Some might think he looks cold and unapproachable, and that may be true, and may have nothing to do with any bad event in his life, it's just how God intended his face.

But, given who Mr. Freeze is, and how the cold in his life derives from constant pain, anger, and indeed, sadness, Mikkelsen has that perfect look for the character.
Just a close up of his eyes, looking, as he does, towards the image of Nora, encased inside her icy tomb. There, but so far away. An obsession, powerful enough to drive a person deep into madness. Yet, all these emotions never fully boil over, because they are there on the surface, frozen in one place. Freeze is like a spectre, forever lingering on earth to finish his business.

Mikkelsen, everything about who he is as a person and what he brings as an actor, playing a character like Freeze? Saying something as sad as this line
"Hope...is death".

What a treat that would be :up:

The perfect Mr. freeze is Werner Herzog. Cold, scientific, possibly psychotic...

76d2299f-3b3f-40ec-88f9-1b30f4e90db2_zpsf0izs701.jpg

[YT]x7kdDeGXUjI[/YT]
[YT]QhMo4WlBmGM[/YT]

...and a 73 year old director.

Alan Rickman, *****es!

Also I'm not opposed to Rachel Weisz as Catwoman or Talia:

Rachel_Weisz_2012.jpg

I'd rather they stop white-washing Ra's and Talia honestly. It's getting to the point of offensive.

I hope they stay away from Ra's and his family for a while. Got enough of them already!

I'd rather they stop white-washing Ra's and Talia honestly. It's getting to the point of offensive.

I tend to think that Ra's should look like he could come from anywhere. They would have had Anthony Quinn play him in the 1950s.

Somebody said Gyllenhaal as Riddler. Honestly after Nightcrawler I would not mind seeing that.

I tend to think that Ra's should look like he could come from anywhere. They would have had Anthony Quinn play him in the 1950s.
Listen, there's only one person for Ra's in the 50s' and it's Yul Brynner.

While true, the 50s were not as racially accepting as today(not that it's perfect now).

And no, I don't agree Ra's looks like he could come from anywhere.

What ethnicity should he be, then? He is an Arabic speaking North African, and as such likely indistinguishable from most people from the Mediterranean coastline.

@Eddie Dean

He had to be Ubu. Sophia Loren as Talia.

Oh! Oh!

Burt Lancaster - Batman
Jeffrey Hunter - Dick Grayson
Sir Cedric Hardwicke - Alfred
Glenn Ford - Gordon
Richard Widmark - The Joker
Gene Tierney - Catwoman
Kirk Douglas - Two-Face
Edward G. Robinson - The Penguin
Maureen O'Hara - Poison Ivy
Ernest Borgnine - Bullock

and introducing third runner up to Mr. Universe 1950, Sean Connery as Bane!

I agree with Eddie that they need to give Ra's and Talia (and Nyssa for that matter) a rest. I've seen enough of them in the Dark Knight movies and Arrow to last me forever.

Oh! Oh!

Burt Lancaster - Batman
Jeffrey Hunter - Dick Grayson
Sir Cedric Hardwicke - Alfred
Glenn Ford - Gordon
Richard Widmark - The Joker
Gene Tierney - Catwoman
Kirk Douglas - Two-Face
Edward G. Robinson - The Penguin
Maureen O'Hara - Poison Ivy
Ernest Borgnine - Bullock

and introducing third runner up to Mr. Universe 1950, Sean Connery as Bane!

SSSSSHOOOWWW, you think darknessssss is your alli ?

The perfect Mr. freeze is Werner Herzog. Cold, scientific, possibly psychotic...

76d2299f-3b3f-40ec-88f9-1b30f4e90db2_zpsf0izs701.jpg

[YT]x7kdDeGXUjI[/YT]
[YT]QhMo4WlBmGM[/YT]

You sir, are brilliant. Herzog is a brilliant filmmaker, but also a top notch actor as well.

Yes. "The Batman" should be filled with Actor-Directors so as to make Affleck feel at home!:o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"