The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't see it. Sorry I just never personally have never seen his facial expressions give off the Batman vibe...and I am a fan of Gosling. I would love him to play another superhero he is more suited for though.

I could see Gosling as Barry Allen/The Flash - not Batman.

Colin Egglesfield
Colin_Egglesfield_4th_Annual_Logo_NewNowNext_DxvulIUO5Ubl.jpg

I think he can do a good job as Bruce, just throwin his name out there for now.

I like him for Bruce, Is there any movie that can prove him for bat?
icon6.gif

I'm going to throw out a name for the sake of a new name.

Enver Gjokaj.

I recently just marathoned all the Dollhouse episodes on Netflix. They were decent, but this one guy really impressed me. I'm surprised he hasn't done much more work.

ЯɘvlveR;26090549 said:
you sure?
[YT]oWy3twwTEyc[/YT]

I can totally see it. He doesn't have to do the growling voice for Batman but he can obviously be intimidating.

After much thought and deep concentration, I'm going to have to go with Matt Bomer or Joe Manganiello.

Last edited:
I'm going to throw out a name for the sake of a new name.

Enver Gjokaj.

I recently just marathoned all the Dollhouse episodes on Netflix. They were decent, but this one guy really impressed me. I'm surprised he hasn't done much more work.
He was in The Avengers as a cop for 2 seconds.

Still don't see it. Sorry I just never personally have never seen his facial expressions give off the Batman vibe...and I am a fan of Gosling. I would love him to play another superhero he is more suited for though.
As for facial expressions, if those pics aren't good enough for the darker brooding Bruce, then I don't know what you're looking for in a actor.

Cooper would be a better Flash or Green Lantern. i can't see him as Batman.

Matt Boomer and Ryan Gosling are the only suggestions that I really like

I was watching Revenge, and I was thinking either one of these guys, if they beef themselves up a bit more or got some training under their belt.

[YT]rvN0w7dQoDg[/YT]

If anyone doesn't know the people they are Joshua Bowman and Barry Sloane. Joshua Bowman seems like a good Bruce Wayne and Barry Sloane a good Batman(just from the beginning parts where he tries to put on an intimidating tone). I like the idea of casting a lot of British actors for American roles like Andrew Garfield for Spider-Man and Henry Cavill for Superman as well as Christian Bale for Batman. In fact,

b71h.jpg

It is a strange phenomenon. Don't forget that Wolverine is played by an Anglo-Australian, as well.

It is a strange phenomenon. Don't forget that Wolverine is played by an Anglo-Australian, as well.

Yeah I know, I'm Australian so of course I know. But some of the newer superhero movies tend to follow a trend of using actors from the U.K., which as you said is quite strange and not just as the titular character, but other pivotal characters like Loki.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Justice League of America consisted of actors from the U.K.? :lmao: It could certainly head in that direction. :lmao:

As for facial expressions, if those pics aren't good enough for the darker brooding Bruce, then I don't know what you're looking for in a actor.

Well that may be one of your problems. You are going by pictures. I have yet to see a performance from Ryan Gosling that convinces me he could pull off Batman. Even when he is playing a badass in a film. Like I said I like Gosling and he is a talented actor...but just because an actor is talented doesn't mean they are the right fit for every character. Not saying I would roll my eyes and throw my hands in the air if he was in fact the next Batman. I would hope I was wrong and he surprises me with an excellent portrayal of the character.

And what I'm looking for in an actor? Well I personally think Michael Fassbender would be amazing as Batman but that's just me. He's a little too old though at this point sadly. They are probably going to be looking for someone around Cavill's age.

Last edited:
Looks wise, I think Miles Fisher is a spot on Bruce, but I'm not sure about his acting skills.

Miles_zps17e9dd5d.jpg

Miles3_zps700ec606.jpg

I think Anson Mount would make an awesome Batman if they go in an older direction...

Anson2_zpsbd776e48.jpg

Anson_zps8c992236.jpg

But if they're going younger, which is likely, my vote goes for Matt Bomer. He would make an amazing Bruce, as well as Batman. PS he doesn't have a lisp, score!

Bomer_zps7fd7c51a.jpg

Bomer2_zpsc75c4d60.jpg

Haha. Anson Mount was my pick for Superman back in the days of who should play Superman in Superman Returns...

I liked the first two. Fisher actually was my pick if they ended up having to replace Bale, he looks just like him.

What about Joe Dempsie, who plays Gendry in Game of Thrones? There are times when I look at him that he reminds of a young Bale.

I agree that Ryan Gosling would be a very good Bruce Wayne/Batman, but i consider him more for The Flash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"