The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would support Evans as Batman, though he's not my first pick. But still I don't think either he or Matt Bomer could turn in a Bale level performance, neither have demonstrated the ability to do so in any of their respective films.
imo Ryan Gosling has demonstrated that ability, he's one of the best actors of his generation. If an early 30s Batman is cast, Gosling would get me the most excited.
cn9RfwV.jpg

atQl5CZ.jpg
Couldn't agree with you more!

I feel like Evans is a great choice in some ways but i wouldn't expect him to give a performance that wows people, or gets butts in the seats. Gosling would.

I totally see Bomer as a fantastic Bruce Wayne. Mainly the public persona. But i cant see him as Batman. I feel the same with Jon Hamm who would make an incredible 40 something Bruce, but a joke as Batman.

What people fail to realize is that Gosling is the Keaton choice of this generation. Keaton was great because as public Bruce Wayne, nobody would ever expect him to be Batman. Then behind closed doors he broods well, he's intense, and he made for a great Batman. I truly feel the Gos could be the same. A controversial pick but it could be worth it.

I think you need versatility as an actor...diversity for this character. After all we're getting 3 characters in one. Ryan's got it. Evans for example feels one-dimensional. Would make for a great batman and prepping in the cave, but i don't see him as a good "Bruce Wayne". His accent will probably be off too.

Last edited:
My only problem with Ryan Gosling is his complete apprehension to superhero movies in the past. Part of me just doesn't want to bother.

Madden doesn't really look like Cavill to me.

It's more during his time in GOT. Because he had the same beard and hair Cavill had in The Tudors.

Other than that, not so much to me.

Somedays he looks like Cavill and others he looks like George Lucas!

I can't win with this :hehe:
Nope! Neva!

My only problem with Ryan Gosling is his complete apprehension to superhero movies in the past. Part of me just doesn't want to bother.
Batman would be the one thing that gets him on board. Ive also heard from a source (whether it's reliable or not is up to everyone else) that he was looked at for the Bat reboot and he was interested in that, more than playing Flash, which he's been offered in the past & seems MEH about. It's all about script/director for him.

We know he's seen Nolan's Batman movies. That information is out there. He's mentioned working with the stunt guy who rode the bat-pod when doing his motorcycle stunts for Place Beyond The Pines. So there's connections to Batman that ive seen him speak about.

He knows he looks like Barry Allen but he seems to not care about playing him. Obviously id LOVE it if he played Flash though.

I even saw an interview from a month ago where this chick was like "you were my choice to play the new Batman" and he smiled and said "Oh wow! Thank you!!".

I can honestly see him doing it under the right circumstances.

For you, sure. But I honestly don't care. I think he would do it if it's written well.

For you, sure. But I honestly don't care. I think he would do it if it's written well.

lol. Sorry I think it takes more than working with a former Batman stuntman on a completely separate project and politely taking a compliment from a fan to prove whether he was willing to take on a type of project he has either said he was uninterested in or completely dodged in interviews. :oldrazz:

I didn't say that proved anything. Im saying he always speaks well of Batman and that ive heard that Gosling was being looked at for Bats. Not to mention Jett (sometimes reliable, sometimes not) has said that he's heard similar things.

Evans for example feels one-dimensional. Would make for a great batman and prepping in the cave, but i don't see him as a good "Bruce Wayne". His accent will probably be off too.

Why would his accent be off? There's no more reasoning for that than saying Bale's, Cavill's Garfield's or Hemsworth's would be.

well, the gos said when asked, "all the good one's are taken" I'm assuming he meant batman is included in said "good ones". i mean look at the roles the guy has played recently. at this point it'd be kinda like typecasting. batman is right up his alley. he's still the flash though. :woot: if hunnam ends up barry, bruce would be a nice consolation prize for him.

Why would his accent be off? There's no more reasoning for that than saying Bale's, Cavill's Garfield's or Hemsworth's would be.
I say that because ive never heard Evans do an English accent and ive heard people say it wasn't that good.

ЯɘvlveR;26084803 said:
well, the gos said when asked, "all the good one's are taken" I'm assuming he meant batman is included in said "good ones". i mean look at the roles the guy has played recently. at this point it'd be kinda like typecasting. batman is right up his alley. he's still the flash though. :woot: if hunnam ends up barry, bruce would be a nice consolation prize for him.
Hell yes! And yeah, he meant Batman too because of Bale.

Mads Mikkelsen would perform very well as the Batman.
Never. He will ALWAYS have a thick accent. plus he's not right for the role. Too dark, too obvious if Bruce looks like a psychopath.

He'd have to work on the accent first. I mean, shoot... and people thought Bale was hard to understand. :o

Jersey is part of the UK.

Edit, no I was thinking of the other one.

Haha, yeah! The one thing to really get people's brains to explode is the terminology of the British Isles.

Colin Egglesfield
Colin_Egglesfield_4th_Annual_Logo_NewNowNext_DxvulIUO5Ubl.jpg

I think he can do a good job as Bruce, just throwin his name out there for now.

I find his eyes look pretty damn sinister in these pics..

Only-God-Forgives-Red-Band-Trailer-You-Wanna-Fight.jpg

ONLY-GOD-FORGIVES.jpg

Still don't see it. Sorry I just never personally have never seen his facial expressions give off the Batman vibe...and I am a fan of Gosling. I would love him to play another superhero he is more suited for though.

Still don't see it. Sorry I just never personally have never seen his facial expressions give off the Batman vibe...and I am a fan of Gosling. I would love him to play another superhero he is more suited for though.

you sure?
[YT]oWy3twwTEyc[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"