The Batman Reboot JOKER Casting Thread

You know who would be AMAZING?

michaelkwilliams_zps8e8febb7.png

All in the game...

Joker Comin'!!!

jokercomin3.jpg

haha I do kind of like this... Thanks, Eddie Dean (from The Dark Tower? Or the singer?), for the idea! Obviously this would never happen, but it's good to consider Jokers of all types. I'd be happy with something that strayed pretty far from what we've seen so far- since we've had a great history of classic Jokers, and it'd be cool to branch out a bit. I'm not sure we should branch out THIS far, but hey... Omar is one bad mother. :BA

To take things back into the :whatever: safety zone... Here's a guy who has already had a crack at a comic book villain, but who I think would be decent. Inspired by Rodrigo09's avatar...

joker_franco.jpg

My program gave me a real hard time while making this (SumoPaint is real easy to use but glitches like a *****), so it could have been a lot better but I gave up since it's time for some shut eye.

I would really, really, really love to see Tom Hiddleston as the Joker.

I also don't really love his Sherlock tbh, but I wanted to do the manip since Bluerayer requested it and I think he's one of the few people on this site who don't give me a hard time haha.

Haha, thanks man but why would i? Your manips rock! :yay: Those Kirk Cameron jokers were crazy cool. :word:

Something about The Joker having a mohawk really appeals to me. I actually like the idea of him changing hairstyles throughout the film. I just want to Joker to be really flamboyant.

Something about The Joker having a mohawk really appeals to me. I actually like the idea of him changing hairstyles throughout the film. I just want to Joker to be really flamboyant.

Did you catch my Kevin Barnes take a couple pages back? He's always changing his look and is almost more flamboyant than Joker. I think he'd be great as an über theatrical Joker who is always shifting moods and looks, and just gloriously insane and charismatic enough to lead a horde of hipsters-gone-mental. I've actually got a great take on his back story...

tumblr_l9p262bERK1qbs9jfo1_500.jpg

article-0-11F69F5D000005DC-193_634x844.jpg

I would prefer a gender swap for the Joker. I think Cate Blanchett would be an amazing choice.

Javier Bardem would play a better Penguin.

If you want a gender swap Joker, it's Tilda Swinton and only Tilda Swinton.

But Cate would be pretty good too.

tumblr_l9p262bERK1qbs9jfo1_500.jpg

article-0-11F69F5D000005DC-193_634x844.jpg

I would prefer a gender swap for the Joker. I think Cate Blanchett would be an amazing choice.

Javier Bardem would play a better Penguin.

Why gender swap Joker, when you got Harley Quinn?

Ask and you shall receive!

blanchker1.jpg

and just for fun...

the Japanese horror movie version:
blanchker3.jpg

He would be good but technically his Loki is all too similar to Joker in being unpredictable.

True, but there would be a certain level of insanity almost beyond Loki's that Hiddleston could embrace with the Joker.

And sorry, but gender swapping the Joker is a horrible idea all around.

True, but there would be a certain level of insanity almost beyond Loki's that Hiddleston could embrace with the Joker.

Gender swapping the Joker is a better idea than taking the most iconic villain of the Marvel cinematic universe, painting him white, purple, and green, and sticking him in the DC film universe. If Hiddelston had never played Loki, I'd agree with you that he'd do a great job (although I think he'd be virtually indistinguishable from a Michael Sheen version of the character), but seeing him as Joker after playing Loki (jeez, they even both have the syllable "oak" in their names) would be incredibly distracting.

I don't often drop the hammer on these forums, but the idea of Hiddleston as Joker is just *horrendous,* and also extremely lazy. It would be a waste of his talent, as well as a waste of another actor who would bring a different take. I think a female Joker is a terrible idea too, but I'd take Jamie Lee Curtis as the Joker before watching Hiddelston waste his time doing it.

Surprised to hear this role described as a waste of anybody's time.

Gender swapping the Joker is a better idea than taking the most iconic villain of the Marvel cinematic universe, painting him white, purple, and green, and sticking him in the DC film universe. If Hiddelston had never played Loki, I'd agree with you that he'd do a great job (although I think he'd be virtually indistinguishable from a Michael Sheen version of the character), but seeing him as Joker after playing Loki (jeez, they even both have the syllable "oak" in their names) would be incredibly distracting.

Nah, I'd still take that idea over a gender swap. One performance doesn't negate someone's eligibility for another role. I'm sick of that stigma/idea. :o

Surprised to hear this role described as a waste of anybody's time.

Cesar Romero sure thought it was ;) He wouldn't even shave his mustache to play the character!

Don't get me wrong, The Joker is my favorite fictional character, period. It's the end-all, be-all villain or even anti-villain role.

But I think after playing Loki in however many films Hiddleston will have under his belt by the time we see The Joker on screen again, he would have one hell of a time creating a version that was so significantly different that no one ever thought of Loki while they were watching it. Perhaps he could do it, and the challenge would be interesting to him. But I'd be surprised if that would be the best use of his time, as opposed to tackling something completely new...

I'm just saying, Hiddleston has made such an engaging, classic character out of Loki that I think he's one of the few people who should never be in the running for The Joker. To me, suggesting Hiddleston for Joker is almost as bad as suggesting TDK(R) suit for the next Batsuit.

I love that Omar Joker!

Nic Cage as Joker. Just imagine the insanity.

Totally agree with this. I would rather see Tom Hiddleston as Joker over a gender-swapped Joker. I really don't understand nowadays why people, including studios, feel they need to change characters that worked years and years.

I've been watching "The Following" a lot and this guy (Sam Underwood) is one creepy bastard on it.

the-following-season-2-sam-underwood-1.jpg

I've been watching "The Following" a lot and this guy (Sam Underwood) is one creepy bastard on it.

the-following-season-2-sam-underwood-1.jpg

I don't think anyone is suggesting seriously that the Joker ever be female. And I see no one caught my Jamie Lee Curtis joke ;) I guess it's a generational thing! haha

Anyway, I didn't know who Sam Underwood was, but thought I'd give him a very quick shot for you anyway.

samjokerwood.jpg

Looks like this guy has already flipped the gender script himself, if you ask me:

underjoker2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"