The Batman Reboot JOKER Casting Thread

I don't think anyone is suggesting seriously that the Joker ever be female. And I see no one caught my Jamie Lee Curtis joke ;) I guess it's a generational thing! haha

Anyway, I didn't know who Sam Underwood was, but thought I'd give him a very quick shot for you anyway.

samjokerwood.jpg

Looks like this guy has already flipped the gender script himself, if you ask me:

underjoker2.png

He has a "TDKR" look to me. Plus, on the show, he's pretty deadly/scary with a knife.

Wow, McConaughey would be pretty inspired. If anyone's been watching True Detective on HBO...the nihilism and bleak world view of his character there and the way he just owns it...you put some makeup, a grin and a great laugh on that and you've got yourself a Joker.

I especially like his newly emaciated frame for The Joker. He's gained some weight since Dallas Buyers Club, but he's still pretty thin.

72f9e86b-7fb3-421c-a09e-2cc2bc3de27d_PA-18729130_zpsf44bb6ad.jpg

It's perfect!

He could do it.

I really like his performance in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. He was bat**** crazy.

Ezra Miller, kid has an unhinged quality that seems very much like BTAS Joker.

Wow, McConaughey would be pretty inspired. If anyone's been watching True Detective on HBO...the nihilism and bleak world view of his character there and the way he just owns it...you put some makeup, a grin and a great laugh on that and you've got yourself a Joker.
He is KILLING it on that show. The guy is destroying it right now with Dallas Buyers Club, Mud, True Detective and from what im hearing..the same thing is happening with Interstellar.

I was championing him for Lex, especially when Nolan was still involved and i thought Bale would come back. But ill take him as Joker any day.

Ryan Gosling for me, but MM seems a better fit for this role than Lex.

I'd love to see MM in the DCU filmverse - for me, more as Mr Freeze (I've made some manips of Woody Harrelson in this role, and I think either of them would be great) than Joker, but I'm sure he'd be a great Joker.

mmjoker.jpg

I hate to say it but I really have come around to thinking of Leo as the best possible candidate for Joker. And I still really like the idea of Simon Pegg, but with Joker really as a super colorful character who doesn't get much screen time. I think it would be refreshing to see a Joker who is in Arkham and doesn't have some "big plan" - just a couple very memorable scenes, perhaps even helping Batman out with something and denigrating the other villains, as has been effectively done in the comics at times. About as big a role as MM had in Wolf of Wall Street. Extremely pivotal/memorable but not at all the main action.

I don't ever want another big Batman vs. Joker style film, and I'd be plenty happy if we never saw Joker on screen again...

But if we had to, MM would be just fine and dandy. He'd probably be great in the cameo role described above, too.

heh. interesting. I guess there is room for other various villains to be "dark knight-ized", before Joker is seen again. We'll see. Too bad that Philip died, he'd have made a great mature, non-caricature, Penguin.

I'd love to see MM in the DCU filmverse - for me, more as Mr Freeze (I've made some manips of Woody Harrelson in this role, and I think either of them would be great) than Joker, but I'm sure he'd be a great Joker.

mmjoker.jpg

I hate to say it but I really have come around to thinking of Leo as the best possible candidate for Joker. And I still really like the idea of Simon Pegg, but with Joker really as a super colorful character who doesn't get much screen time. I think it would be refreshing to see a Joker who is in Arkham and doesn't have some "big plan" - just a couple very memorable scenes, perhaps even helping Batman out with something and denigrating the other villains, as has been effectively done in the comics at times. About as big a role as MM had in Wolf of Wall Street. Extremely pivotal/memorable but not at all the main action.

I don't ever want another big Batman vs. Joker style film, and I'd be plenty happy if we never saw Joker on screen again...

But if we had to, MM would be just fine and dandy. He'd probably be great in the cameo role described above, too.
notsureifserious.jpg

There can BE only ONE:

nbsn.jpg

gj0o.jpg

5q1x.jpg

ozhs.png

b8gz.jpg
2u5xhlcjpg.gif

Seriously,he would make an amazing joker.
A thing of nightmares. :woot:

My one concern is that he's a little old.
It would make sense for them to go with an older joker to go with their older batman,but a 17 year gap between themseems like way too much.

Seriously,he would make an amazing joker.
A thing of nightmares. :woot:

My one concern is that he's a little old.
It would make sense for them to go with an older joker to go with their older batman,but a 17 year gap between themseems like way too much.

The age gap between Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson is ~14 years..

Alan Cumming?

AVisitToArkham_zps57444563.png

Dude, I am SOOOO into your Alan Cumming manip. Please make more!!! That pic proved to me that he'd be the best possible Joker, exactly the take on the character I want to see next... sort of a blend of my Kevin Barnes and Simon Pegg take...

Here are some more I've found:
e802df58-12a2-4090-967b-01bc3d4ab7e1.Large.jpg

joker+cumming.jpg

e9571d1b-5f56-4515-a85e-be7f18f4394b.Large.jpg

I mean that last pic especially just gets the character so right.

Alan cumming would be great choice as the Joker. Imagine Affleck's Batman facing his Joket.

Dude, I am SOOOO into your Alan Cumming manip. Please make more!!! That pic proved to me that he'd be the best possible Joker, exactly the take on the character I want to see next... sort of a blend of my Kevin Barnes and Simon Pegg take...

Here are some more I've found:
e802df58-12a2-4090-967b-01bc3d4ab7e1.Large.jpg

joker+cumming.jpg

e9571d1b-5f56-4515-a85e-be7f18f4394b.Large.jpg

I mean that last pic especially just gets the character so right.
TKJ comparison is really convincing!

And what's the source on those manips? :up:

I would've never thought of him. But that's an awesome choice

Also, Matthew McConaughey as Joker... that's just crazy enough to work....

Last edited:
I have kind of an out there choice. How about Aaron Paul? He showed such great range in Breaking Bad I think he could pull it off. Though I think Willem Dafoe is about as perfect as there ever could be for Joker.

I have kind of an out there choice. How about Aaron Paul? He showed such great range in Breaking Bad I think he could pull it off. Though I think Willem Dafoe is about as perfect as there ever could be for Joker.

Aaron Paul would be awesome. I wouldn't mind him as Ultimate Eddie Brock in a future Spider-Man film as well. I think if "Need for Speed" is a box-office smash hit, his door is going to be knocking for bigger projects ala Batman or some superhero movie. The dude has got a lot of charisma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"