The Batman Reboot JOKER Casting Thread

Michael Pitt

6b4d6ca4-ddde-4de1-be8b-b4e1e0a6a50b_zpsded84dc5.png

Call me crazy, but mix Jordan Belfort with his Calvin Candie and you've got yourself a pretty amazing Joker...

new-wolf-of-wall-street-trailer-leonardo-dicaprio-is-the-wealthiest-stockbroker-in-the-world_zpsb854f3d1.jpg

Calvin-Candie-django-unchained-34901415-200-200_zpsb5f872fe.jpg

movies-the-wolf-of-wall-street-jonah-hill-leonardo-dicaprio_zpse58893c6.jpg

1239199_1372438846169_full_zps2dc12d0b.jpg

Plus, he does a great Jack -

tumblr_mjgxbzGSPx1r3d8abo1_500_zps30d9c9da.gif

Totally agree. Had the feeling that he'd be a good fit when I saw Django Unchained. But his Jordan Belfort was the nail in the coffin for me. Loved the insane take he had on that role. All I could see during The Wolf of Wall Street was the Joker.

I'm going with Matt Smith. I have a feeling that his career is going to follow the same trajectory as Benedict Cumberbatch's, and it would be nice if he could play a role like this before he becomes ubiquitous.

I'm going with Matt Smith. I have a feeling that his career is going to follow the same trajectory as Benedict Cumberbatch's, and it would be nice if he could play a role like this before he becomes ubiquitous.

290569_10150978603861146_1921412420_o.jpg

I'll also toss Iwan Rheon's name into the ring. Quite a bit younger than Affleck, and he has a broader build than what we're used to with The Joker, but goddamn is he psychotic in Game of Thrones.

And this is for you regwec,

matt_smith_as_the_joker____by_alan_sp-d6x6mpe.jpg

:up:

He plays a good psychopath in "Game of Thrones".
I just started season 2 the other day, i'm looking forward to seeing him on there now!
I'll also toss Iwan Rheon's name into the ring. Quite a bit younger than Affleck, and he has a broader build than what we're used to with The Joker, but goddamn is he psychotic in Game of Thrones.

And this is for you regwec,

matt_smith_as_the_joker____by_alan_sp-d6x6mpe.jpg

that's a beautiful manip. he looks perfect.

Crispin Glover.. too old? Nope, same age as Nicholson now when he filmed Batman (1989)..

3779098-8768714428-a7153.jpg

He comes off too soft spoken and meek. He's creepy.

The only character I could imagine him as is Mad Hatter...

Willem was considered for the role in the 89 film.

For him to still be considered for the part SO many years later...is really amusing.

Back then, my pick was Ray Liotta.

Last edited:
By the time a solo Bat film begins, unfortunately, he'll be too old for Joker :waa:

For the casting for TDK, I was set on Glover first, then Bettany as second choice.

Some years later now, and it depends which way they are going, but age like against Affleck, Glover is now too old sadly, to me, he would have made an incredible Joker.

For Bettany, see Gangster No 1, he is electric in that, a true maniac but he has a Marvel contract so out too I imagine.

So, bearing in mind it'll be 2018 before we see another Batman single film (and it may not have Joker in it) but I would go for Benedict Cumberbatch.

Last edited:
Through the whole episode all I could think of was how much he wanted to be the Joker lol

Argh I really wanted to be the first to suggest this, but I guess other people watch Hannibal lol.

Daniel Day Lewis would be my choice. He's an exceptional actor and can play the extremely dark, violent version of the Joker I would like to see. Basically a serial killer in a clown suit, that's what I want the Joker to be like. Here is a photoshop of him as Joker that I did...

ivjqfb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"