The Batman Reboot JOKER Casting Thread

It's never gonna happen - and for obvious reasons - but there was one man born to play the Joker and that was Jim Carrey.

Agreed. Maybe he's a bit too old now but I'd love to see that happen.
Carrey is still a very underrated actor. In "Man On The Moon" he gave one of the best performances I've ever seen in a biopic.

gabriel-mann-age.jpg

Wow, I know nothing about that actor but I support this just because he looks identical to comic joker!

Agreed. Maybe he's a bit too old now but I'd love to see that happen.
Carrey is still a very underrated actor. In "Man On The Moon" he gave one of the best performances I've ever seen in a biopic.

Yea he's too old now, and I'm not sure if he's got the same vitality as he did back when he was younger.

But man when he was younger? That guy was born to play The Joker. That is what you call dream casting. He had every quality you could possibly want from the character. Look at how magnetic he was as The Riddler. He steals every scene he's in. Now just ease up on the camp and go a little heavier on the spooky and you have the ingredients for a perfect Joker.

Michael Massee would be my pick.

Since we're dealing with an older Batman, perhaps we'll get an older Joker. Maybe this isn't Batman's first encounter with the Joker, and they'll allude to a long history between them.

Since we're dealing with an older Batman, perhaps we'll get an older Joker. Maybe this isn't Batman's first encounter with the Joker, and they'll allude to a long history between them.

I'm pretty sure that we're getting an older Joker (Crispin Glover, anyone?:cwink:). And it would be pretty interesting to see a Bats and a Joker that share a long history. What we got in B89 and TDK were their first (and final) encounters. But no development. Nolan might have planned something like this but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. In honor of Heath it was good decision not to have the Joker in TDKR, though.

I hope the reboot will bring us a good mixture of villains Batman has already known for years and villains he meets for the first time.

Someone mentioned Paul Dano as Joker. I like that.

I like Paul Dano for Riddler...

If Affleck is Batman, Willem Dafoe really would be the perfect Joker, he's only 58.

Really great choice's. I could see 90% of the picks playing a great Joker. (Even Tilda lol).

Anyone considered Benedict Cumberbatch?

If they're going for a hispanic actor as Joker, i'd rather have Javier Bardem

If they're going for an older Joker: Viggo Mortenssen.

Interesting. Viggo has the look, but man he is dryer than toast in most of his movies.

after i watched Arrow "season1" there was this guy called " the Count". Damn he would be the perfect Joker. The way he talked... i got goosebumps. I think they were going for a Joker moment in that scene.

@ 2:13 min
[YT]1AN1kPKcC9g?t[/YT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back