The Batman Reboot JOKER Casting Thread

Yeah I believe he's got potential for sure. Who would've thought of Ledger before he was cast?

But judging from his looks alone, and the work I've seen of him, I wouldn't cast him.

I wonder if this new BvS movie will feature Joker. .

Jonathan Rhys Meyers?

Henry VIII? Dracula? Elvis?

Come on, Shuaner! :D
My god I didn't even recognize him there. Ive only seen him in a couple of things.

I don't see him as Joker at all though.

Willem Dafoe, Walton Goggins, or Javier Bardem would be my top choices

maybe Walton Goggins, Ben Foster, or Sharlto Copley would be good

Ledger showed us that it doesn't really matter what the actor looks like, as long as theres extensive make up and a great performance.

I'd like someone who looks like an ageless dandy.

I want the new Joker to look older, like mid 50s. I like a Joker with a creepy wrinkly face

Right. Screw the Gordon role. Get this guy ;)
518px-Bryan_Cranston_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

Everybody was fine with him being typecast for Lex - another baldy villain!
We know he could do this!

I kind of want a Dark Knight Returns-esque Joker in his appearance this time around. Burton/Nicholson was very overtly freakish, very Burton, and Nolan/Ledger was young and punk rock and anarchist. Doing something unsettling like the TDKR Joker would be awesome. It's almost like David Bowie when his face is neutral, but then when he gets a smile on his face or starts laughing, all Hell breaks loose.

The Joker should definitely be a bit of a dandy.

I kind of want a Dark Knight Returns-esque Joker in his appearance this time around. Burton/Nicholson was very overtly freakish, very Burton, and Nolan/Ledger was young and punk rock and anarchist. Doing something unsettling like the TDKR Joker would be awesome. It's almost like David Bowie when his face is neutral, but then when he gets a smile on his face or starts laughing, all Hell breaks loose.

I want this too. Willem Dafoe is perfect for this

Oh, that would be awesome! Love this idea.

This would be perfect. A completely different Joker for a completely different Batman.

Short hair. Age? Early to mid 40's.

I can't grasp Nicholson's Joker for love nor money.

He's just completely random in his insanity.
Heath's Joker was a man attempting to destroy society's rules and human decency. Because it was all a joke.

As for the new Joker?
I'd like things to be like Jack's absurd randomness.
It's what made him unpredictable.
He has to see life as a show, and he's the entertainer.

You know the song, Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life?
Listen to that - as I believe that sums up the Joker perfectly and beautifully :D

I think Crispin Glover would still be perfect for this role.
or Adrian Brody...

Lachy Hulme. I'm bringing it back.

Kerry_300x600.jpg

Defoe would make a great older joker.
He'd be terrifying.

I'd love something like this.

Ben Mendohlson

I know he was Dagget in TDKR but if you watch is work in Animal Kingdom and Killing Them Softly you'll see a seriously underrated actor who knows how to play unhinged and crazy.

Ben+Mendelsohn+Place+Beyond+Pines+Premiere+BZ8qj_QotYsl.jpg

Ben+Mendelsohn+Australians+Film+2011+Breakthrough+k3-uM49de7Fl.jpg

The thing that I want the next interpretation of The Joker to stress, that has not yet been fully explored, is the nature of his appeal to others. People follow The Joker to their deaths, and commit acts of which they would not have dreamed before they came under his maniacal influence. They are drawn to him, and the simmering promise of death and evil that he represents, like moths to the flame. Does The Joker represent mankind's darkest desires, or does he inspire by bewilderment and terror alone? Whichever, it seems it is easy to join his wild little band, but impossible to leave alive and unchanged. In that regard, he is a symbol of madness itself.

The thing that I want the next interpretation of The Joker to stress, that has not yet been fully explored, is the nature of his appeal to others. People follow The Joker to their deaths, and commit acts of which they would not have dreamed before they came under his maniacal influence. They are drawn to him, and the simmering promise of death and evil that he represents, like moths to the flame. Does The Joker represent mankind's darkest desires, or does he inspire by bewilderment and terror alone? Whichever, it seems it is easy to join his wild little band, but impossible to leave alive and unchanged. In that regard, he is a symbol of madness itself.

I always assumed most of them were paid henchmen. You gotta think after years and years in the crime business, Joker has amounted untold wealth. Maybe of all the criminals in Gotham he just pays the best? Lol.

And he better, given that he probably has you doing the most f***d up s***.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"