The Batman & Robin Appreciation Thead

The-Dark-Knight

Superhero
Reaction score
By no means is it a great film, nor the best Batman film but this film too often shows up in movie magazine poll'sas the worst film ever made.

Now lets be honest wether you love it or hate it Batman & Robin is by no means the worst movie ever made. Sure George Clooneys 'I'm Batman' is the worst delivered of the series, sure Arnie not being sent to da coolah is the least threatening of the series and sure Alfred making Barbara a suit in advance because he thought she might wanna help was lame.

But take Schumachers second outing for what it is, it may not be the dark brooding Batman of Burtons or Nolan's films we all love but at the end of the day it's fun. silly over the top camp fun, but fun nontheless.

So lets show some love for Batman & Robin, talk about your first memories of it, be it at the cinema or the trailer, talk about anything you liked about it (and please no 'i liked the credits' or 'i like thefact it gave us Batman Begins'.

Wether you like it or not it is and always will be part of the Batman Mythology, show it some love.

Alicia Silverstone :heart:

yeah, family love. haha. ^ great sig btw, lol.

anyways, i loved the special effects in B&R, they are probably the best, bar none. the movie was so big and it really showed. i loved the over-the-topness of the whole thing, thats one of the things i enjoyed about it. i always remeber likeing that scene where freeze freezes the batmobile in mid flight, batman ejects and does this little flying thing in the air of gotham city which i always thought was cool, then breaks through the window and next shot is him uncovering freeze with his cape, which i thought was a cool shot.

I'm glad you thought it was fun, but I didn't. If it had been fun, I would have forgiven it for being so disloyal to the spirit of Batman, like I can with the 60's TV show (although it was actually in the spirit of that era's comics). I didn't find it fun, mainly because of the villains. Villains don't have to be cruel and terrifying to be entertaining; they can be dastardly and have ridiculous costumes, but mainly, in camp humour, they have to let us know they're in on the joke, like Gorshin's Riddler or Meredith's Penguin.

I think we already have a Batman & Robin appreciation thread...

yep, i liked michael gough. i just got done watching this for the first time in a long time, and i seriously thought he was the only thing that kept the movie grounded. but i didnt mind it. maybe somethings wrong with me, i dunno. but it didnt make me go on a hate rampage or anything. only things i wasnt nuts about was the butt shots of batman and robin at times, but they were few. i actually thought it was funny and fun, and different from all that dark downer stuff. or maybe i just like it because sometimes i feel like im one of the only ppl in the world who actually found it entertaining, even though it isnt dark oir anything. if im in the mood for a dark batman, ive got burtons and nolans films. but when im more in a lighthearted action pop mood, i got schumachers movies. it all depends what mood your in. im not one of those serious, 'gonna go shred anything that isnt dark batman' comics purist kinda guy. i just like batman, and enjoy the movies they make. i am not some nutto fanboy or any of that sh**.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"