• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Batman Spoiler Discussion Thread

which is odd, because riddler seemed pretty aggressive and tough during his first murder
His heavy stress/pervert breathing makes me think he's mostly running on adrenaline when he kills the mayor. A murder that amounts to him sneaking up behind a middle aged man and hitting him in the back of the head before he has a chance to react. He also clearly got the drop on Savage.

There's a mania to that first murder where you can really tell its his first.

His heavy stress/pervert breathing makes me think he's mostly running on adrenaline when he kills the mayor. A murder that amounts to him sneaking up behind a middle aged man and hitting him in the back of the head before he has a chance to react. He also clearly got the drop on Savage.

I agree 100 percent.
Pervert breathing. I spit out my coffee laughing…

Also how great is that scene where Gordon and Batman come to the roof and Selina is just beating the ever loving **** out of the mustache with the now probably even more broken nose? (Yes, I know the characters name, I don't care that's what I'm calling him).

After seeing the film which Villains are you guys definitely not expecting to see.

I feel like Hush was teased and the idea that his father was maybe kinda killed by Bruce's works and gives Bruce a reason to factor into the next film more but an Orphan trying to kill Wayne because of his father was basically this film.

Two-Face also seems not as likely as we just had the DA die and it may seem repetitive. I wouldn't mind Harvey showing up as just a friend albeit with a dark side and we only get Two-Face teased but I'm probably alone in that.

I was back and forth on Court Of Owls but after seeing the film I definitely don't want them, I feel like Falcone being ultimately behind the corruption works well enough, and having Penguin fighting against other mob bosses for control of the city is compelling enough without a secret society.

I was hopeful for joker to some degree, but according to reeves that’s not happening…

Reeves is underplaying Joker a bit to keep his options open. It feels really unlikely Keoghan won’t be in the sequel.

yeah I read the variety article.

he explained he has no intentions of using joker, his role was to show there is more to fear in Gotham then just riddler and made the final catwoman scene with bats make sense when she asked Batman to come with her.
Because if riddler is locked up why not?

it’s a good article. Describes the joker’s underlying disease where he has a permanent smile. But he says in the article he has no interests in exploring the character fully as there are others he is interested in.
I like that idea yet I don’t.

I honestly thought he was going to sexually assault the mayor when he was on top of him. He was breathing heavily and was on top of him. He was definitely perverted.

After seeing the film I wonder why the Mcfarlane Catwoman figure has a whip. When that Riddler goon was about to shoot Batman in the head I seriously expected a whip to come from off screen and yank it out of his hand Indiana Jones style. Wonder if the whip was part of her original design.

I honestly thought he was going to sexually assault the mayor when he was on top of him. He was breathing heavily and was on top of him. He was definitely perverted.
He really looks like he's about to... relieve his tension all over the poor bastard.

I'm so glad Dano's Riddler is a gross creepy weirdo and not this cold badass Jigsaw/John Doe type. That wouldn't have really felt like Riddler to me, there's always something slimy and pitiful about him.

The slimy loser approach seems to have been dialled up for this to play on the lone wolf incel thing they were going for. He definitely always has something slightly pathetic about him that Dano captured quite well.

I was actually finding some of Dano's line readings a bit cringey up until the big reveal about his motives and admiration for Batman, really clicks into place after that. Shouldn't have doubted that such an awkward, off-putting performance would be intentional coming from an actor of such an insanely high caliber.

I loved every choice Dano made with his performance, and I’m so glad reeves understood/saw through his vision for the character. Riddler said it himself “my strength is up here.”

even the way he kills the mayor is cowardly, sneaks up behind him and starts wailing on him like a child.

I loved every choice Dano made with his performance, and I’m so glad reeves understood/saw through his vision for the character. Riddler said it himself “my strength is up here.”

even the way he kills the mayor is cowardly, sneaks up behind him and starts wailing on him like a child.
His howling little battle cry is creepy and hilarious.

Batman realizing riddler doesn’t know he’s Bruce, followed by him calling riddler a god damn psychopath and a nobody gave me a bit of a laugh.

Even when it appears that he won, poor Eddie just wanted a friend to enjoy it with.

Pattinson goes full Bale in that scene and I love it to death. He's so goddamn offended and angry, the way he just starts verbally abusing Nashton is fantastic.

I love how implicitly Gordon trusts Batman. I think he even says to him at one point, "the only person I trust is you." Which leads me to believe that whatever Gordon and Batman went thru together the past two years its made Jim realize that Batman is altruistic despite his means.

Gordon also so clearly wants to be buds with Batman. There's this little bit of an undercurrent of trying to get to know him and being just totally blown off by Bruce I find really funny.

“You’re a god damn psychopath…… a nobody!!”

then Dano goes into “MOOOOOOOM, it’s supposed to be my turn on the Xbox!!!!” Mode and it was absolute bliss

On my second watch, I'm torn about the swerve with Riddler knowing/not knowing Bruce is Batman. On one hand, it's a very elegant twist. Throughout the film he's writing to Batman, we naturally assume he's playing an antagonistic game with him. I liked that aspect more after my second viewing.

On the other hand it feels a bit forced to me that he's monologuing about Bruce Wayne's wealth to Batman. I wonder if it may have been more powerful if he did simply know his identity, or it was kept more ambiguous maybe. I understand why they did it from the whole "I'm inspiring incels" angle of the third act, but from an in-movie character perspective it feels a bit clunky to me.

Especially because Selina easily deduces that Bruce must be rich. Ed can't at least put that much together?

This is where it starts to come apart for me a bit and I feel like the movie is trying to do a few too many things, muddying Batman's arc in the process. The second mostly ironed out some of my issues, but this one area I still feel could've been a bit tighter and more impactful in terms of Batman's arc

Pattinson goes full Bale in that scene and I love it to death. He's so goddamn offended and angry, the way he just starts verbally abusing Nashton is fantastic.

Just hearing him say the word "psychopath" in a Bat-growl gave me Bale feels. My favorite part of the sequence despite a few of my misgivings.

I feel like Riddler loses most of what makes him interesting without the identity twist - him being a Batman fanboy is, far as I am concerned, central to the entire point of the movie and you probably lose that if he knows Bruce is Batman. It is a little bit artificial in its dialogue, but I can roll with it for the sake of drama.

yeah I read the variety article.

he explained he has no intentions of using joker, his role was to show there is more to fear in Gotham then just riddler and made the final catwoman scene with bats make sense when she asked Batman to come with her.
Because if riddler is locked up why not?

it’s a good article. Describes the joker’s underlying disease where he has a permanent smile. But he says in the article he has no interests in exploring the character fully as there are others he is interested in.
I like that idea yet I don’t.

Did he say that? I don't recall that. I thought he said he's unsure he'll be in the next movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"