The BATSUIT Thread

"I wanna be elemental. A creature of the night. A bat. A demonic creature... that's why I wear a blue cowl and a big giant yellow oval on my chest!"
Very few elements of the batsuit live up to its name. If this were a design course, 99% of the iterations we've seen wouldn't even get above a C-grade.

His silhouette has been the only consistent imagery which evokes the creature motif. But the more you actually see of his suit, the more plainly obvious it is just that...a suit.

If you want to honor the name more than the established iconography, you’re more closer to adopting this:

Batman-DC-Comics-Imagine-Stan-Lee-Wayne-Williams.jpg

It's not even realism. It's that even in the confines of the story it still makes no sense for Batman to choose to wear blue. He's the dark knight, not the blue knight. And bats aren't known for being blue.

It's not even realism. It's that even in the confines of the story it still makes no sense for Batman to choose to wear blue. He's the dark knight, not the blue knight. And bats aren't known for being blue.

?

There’s actual evidence that blue works better than black for urban camouflage. It actually makes perfect sense for him to wear blue and gray because he’d be better able to conceal himself and his movements. You can Google it yourself if you don’t believe me.

Batman has never looked like a real bat. Ever. He has virtually nothing in common with the animal in a physical sense and there’s nothing to be gained from pretending otherwise.

And finally: he’s the dark knight, not the black knight. You might have heard of indigo.

?

There’s actual evidence that blue works better than black for urban camouflage. It actually makes perfect sense for him to wear blue and gray because he’d be better able to conceal himself and his movements. You can Google it yourself if you don’t believe me.

Batman has never looked like a real bat. Ever. He has virtually nothing in common with the animal in a physical sense and there’s nothing to be gained from pretending otherwise.

And finally: he’s the dark knight, not the black knight. You might have heard of indigo.
Lol you guys criticize me for """realism""" but then you come up with this "well studies show blue is more stealthy!"

Black is just too iconic for Batman at this point. Batman's cowl should be black because it looks better. Blue looks ok, but there's not a single design of Batman that wouldn't look better being black. It combines especially well with the gray color scheme and heck, even the yellow oval

Lol you guys criticize me for """realism""" but then you come up with this "well studies show blue is more stealthy!"

Those studies prove you factually incorrect, so maybe you should center your arguments around personal preference instead of realism.

is just too iconic for Batman at this point. Batman's cowl should be black because it looks better. Blue looks ok, but there's not a single design of Batman that wouldn't look better being black. It combines especially well with the gray color scheme and heck, even the yellow oval

Just say you prefer black and be done with it, please.

I wasn't talking about the real life practicality. I was just talking in terms of aesthetics taking into account Batman's demonic shtick. It makes no sense for Batman to be wearing the same colors as Captain freaking America and Superman. Aesthetically, Batman's cowl being black and the rest of his suit being grey better sets him apart thematically and aesthetically from other superheroes.

I wasn't talking about the real life practicality. I was just talking in terms of aesthetics taking into account Batman's demonic shtick. It makes no sense for Batman to be wearing the same colors as Captain freaking America and Superman. Aesthetically, Batman's cowl being black and the rest of his suit being grey better sets him apart thematically and aesthetically from other superheroes.
Batman the Animated Series is heralded as one of the most beloved depictions of the character, and that show didn't bother with the demonic schtick much at all. Thugs and villains alike knew he was a guy in a costume.

Batman is a superhero. It's perfectly acceptable to depict him as such.

Batman the Animated Series is heralded as one of the most beloved depictions of the character, and that show didn't bother with the demonic schtick. Thugs and villains alike knew he was a guy in a costume.

Batman is a superhero. It's perfectly acceptable to depict him as such.
He's not just any superhero though. He has his own tone, world and identity. I'd argue that one of the most appealing aspects of Batman cinematically is the fact that he looks like a villain but isn't... heck, that's partly why it's exciting that Greig Fraser who shot Darth Vader so beautifully will shoot Batman

Look. The point isn’t that what you’re saying doesn’t make sense. There are some advantages to using black over blue and there’s a reason that there’s a precedent for it. But to claim that blue wouldn’t work for the reasons you’ve consistently provided are just false.

He's not just any superhero though. He has his own tone, world and identity.
Blue does nothing to diminish that at all.
I'd argue that one of the most appealing aspects of Batman cinematically is the fact that he looks like a villain but isn't... heck, that's partly why it's exciting that Greig Fraser who shot Darth Vader so beautifully will shoot Batman
Nor does it doesn't diminish that at all.

I think it'd work in the right movie, if you made a more adventure/action thriller or whatever with Batman and with the right cinematographer like the previously rumored Robert Richardson.

However, in a grounded noir with Greig "Gritty" Fraser? Nope. Black is way more appropriate for this movie.

Do you guys think the new suit will be vastly different to what we have seen in the past?

I think it'd work in the right movie, if you made a more adventure/action thriller or whatever with Batman and with the right cinematographer like the previously rumored Robert Richardson.

However, in a grounded noir with Greig "Gritty" Fraser? Nope. Black is way more appropriate for this movie.
While I still disagree, I can at least say fair enough.

batman-noel-version-exclusive-polystone-statue-by-prime-1-studio-batman-arkham-origins.jpg

Not saying I want this so much that I wouldn't like any other suit, but this would be cool too. I really like the visuals in the Noel comic too. Batman in the winter season is a visual aesthetic that we should see.

Also I really hope they do white eyes and CGI it like Spiderman and Deadpool.

I love the materials of the Noel suit, as well as the cowl. But I never really liked the thing of the symbol being on the cowl and I think the gauntlets just look kinda weird with the fin placement. I would not be against them using the materials as inspiration for what Pattinson's suit would look like though. Bermejo's interpretation of the New 52 Suit, that he's done in a few covers if I remember right, is honestly my favourite looking Batsuit ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"