• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The BATSUIT Thread

On the topic of blue vs black: while I'm pretty much 100% certain it's gonna be black, I'm honestly cool with either. If they went with blue, I think a shade akin to Cap's Winter Soldier suit would definitely work on film.

And anyone who said that blue & gray Batman can't be visually striking and fit a "gritty noir" tone:
85842fdfc8ce7d27c22c85b80de7ff4c.jpg
04_marshallrogers_batport_plate02_1981_batcatwoman.jpg
tumblr_mwd1xani1M1rcp7bmo3_500.jpg

BatmanArkhamCity_277_BMInterro3.jpg.jpg
batman-arkham-city-04.0.jpg

Yea, his Batman looks like he's dressed for winter in layers (which he was). That suit would be extremely thick and restrictive

I liked how the noel suit looked in Origins. It would be great if the new batsuit looked something like this, with some changes to the cape/cowl/symbol.

batman_arkham_origins_batman_noel_skin_by_armachamcorp-d6ssbf4.jpg

It's not even realism. It's that even in the confines of the story it still makes no sense for Batman to choose to wear blue. He's the dark knight, not the blue knight. And bats aren't known for being blue.
I hereby demand batman change his moniker to the Gray Knight, so as to reflect his dominant color scheme.

On the topic of blue vs black: while I'm pretty much 100% certain it's gonna be black, I'm honestly cool with either. If they went with blue, I think a shade akin to Cap's Winter Soldier suit would definitely work on film.

And anyone who said that blue & gray Batman can't be visually striking and fit a "gritty noir" tone:
85842fdfc8ce7d27c22c85b80de7ff4c.jpg
04_marshallrogers_batport_plate02_1981_batcatwoman.jpg
tumblr_mwd1xani1M1rcp7bmo3_500.jpg

BatmanArkhamCity_277_BMInterro3.jpg.jpg
batman-arkham-city-04.0.jpg
The batsuit in the comics is always intended to be black: images (89).jpeg

They couldn't draw it black out of shading problem. As for the Arkham City suit, I'm pretty sure thats black as well. In the cutscenes it certainly looks black.

That first one is the coolest ****ing thing I've ever seen. Lee Bermejo is the man.

When it comes to blue vs black honestly it's all a matter of colour coding. Black is my preference but if the film had an ultra stylized colour palette (think Refn's weirder films, or Blade Runner 2049) a bit of a blue tint could be striking. However, don't see Reeves going quite so stylized.

My overall preference for the costume is honestly pretty simple: more or less a live action interpretation of the Year One costume. Especially that belt, I'm a sucker for the big pouchy Bat-Belt.

I really hope yellow stays far away from the Batsuit. The belt should even be black.

The batsuit in the comics is always intended to be black: View attachment 28778

They couldn't draw it black out of shading problem. As for the Arkham City suit, I'm pretty sure thats black as well. In the cutscenes it certainly looks black.

The Arkham City suit model is 100% blue. It's a very dark blue to the point of looking black under certain lighting, but it's still blue. It was black in Arkham Asylum, however and I believe they may have made it black in Return to Arkham City. And while the batsuit was always intended to be black, that doesn't necessarily mean much. Spider-Man 2099's suit was intended to be black also, but it's now widely regarded as being blue just because that's the colour most people associate it with. Blue can still look good for Batman. Would I prefer black? I personally would, but I'd by no means be against a blue batsuit so long as it isn't too light.

The Arkham City suit model is 100% blue. It's a very dark blue to the point of looking black under certain lighting, but it's still blue. It was black in Arkham Asylum, however and I believe they may have made it black in Return to Arkham City. And while the batsuit was always intended to be black, that doesn't necessarily mean much. Spider-Man 2099's suit was intended to be black also, but it's now widely regarded as being blue just because that's the colour most people associate it with. Blue can still look good for Batman. Would I prefer black? I personally would, but I'd by no means be against a blue batsuit so long as it isn't too light.
It doesn't look blue to me. It actually looks kinda purple

I think that's to do with the shade and general type of blue that it is, plus looking at it in a white space with no lighting is always gonna make it look kinda odd. If you look at the character model in-game, it looks more blue. There's even a mod for Arkham City that makes it black and when you've seen that, the difference between both becomes quite clear

Jesus Christ, it's blue.

This was a year-long talking point in the PC modding community, until people actually extracted the source texture files and proved it. This is why there are literally mods for AC specifically for black cape/cowl.

That's why the cowl in Arkham Knight looks better then!

I mean, that cowl looks terrible for different reasons than because it's blue. Unless you mean the post City suit, cuz that was also blue.

If you are doing an all black suit then a yellow oval is a must. There is no point to having a bat symbol on the chest if you can't even see it because it just blends into the black of the rest of the suit.

If you are doing an all black suit then a yellow oval is a must. There is no point to having a bat symbol on the chest if you can't even see it because it just blends into the black of the rest of the suit.

Honestly, I've never really got the idea of an all black suit anyway, even with the "it's more practical" argument. The batsuit itself is meant to be armor, with the chest area especially being the most armored part of the entire suit. If the suit's all black, people are gonna shoot different parts of you. If you give the contrast between grey and black, or even grey and the oval, they'll aim for the black due to the contrast. That's the whole idea of the bat symbol, after all. So I've never quite got how an all black suit would even be more practical than the grey, it just isn't. While it could be the entire torso area is bulletproof, I feel like that's a bad idea as it just removes the stakes. No one's gonna be worried about Batman making it through in one piece if he's basically just 100% bulletproof.

I dislike the idea of the all black suit almost as much as the blue cowl

All black and/or any yellow is a mistake either way.

The black, chest-spread- bat, like in the Arkham games and in the conventional comic batsuit just makes more sense than the oval given the purpose the symbol is meant to have. It's meant to be a target for people to shoot as it's the most armored part of the entire suit. Having it be a tiny oval in the middle of your chest implies that Bruce thinks that everyone's going to hit 100% accurately at center mass when they come face to face with something the entire city regards as a creature of the night who preys on the guilty. It's just...kinda stupid. There's just more to shoot with the Arkham style symbol which takes into account that people, especially when scared, don't exactly shoot 100% accurately all the time. Plus, it just looks better. If they HAD to incorporate any yellow or gold into the symbol, I'd rather they went with an outline like in the Rebirth suit.

Yellow would not look silly under proper lighting and/or if the tint is not too bright (dirty yellow).

The black, chest-spread- bat, like in the Arkham games and in the conventional comic batsuit just makes more sense than the oval given the purpose the symbol is meant to have. It's meant to be a target for people to shoot as it's the most armored part of the entire suit. Having it be a tiny oval in the middle of your chest implies that Bruce thinks that everyone's going to hit 100% accurately at center mass when they come face to face with something the entire city regards as a creature of the night who preys on the guilty. It's just...kinda stupid. There's just more to shoot with the Arkham style symbol which takes into account that people, especially when scared, don't exactly shoot 100% accurately all the time. Plus, it just looks better. If they HAD to incorporate any yellow or gold into the symbol, I'd rather they went with an outline like in the Rebirth suit.

EXACTLY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"