The BATSUIT Thread

I think the obvious compromise for people who want the “realism” of armor and those who want a fabric based suit is to have the outside be fabric, but in the universe of the movie Bruce is wearing protective armor underneath that can get revealed during a fight with some goons.

Where let’s say, someone slices a at him with a knife, tears part of the suit, and reveals armor underneath. That way armor is established in the world of the movie, but because it’s under the fabric part of the suit, they can get away with not having the actor have to wear multiple layers of armor plus costume.

Just a thought.

I think the obvious compromise for people who want the “realism” of armor and those who want a fabric based suit is to have the outside be fabric, but in the universe of the movie Bruce is wearing protective armor underneath that can get revealed during a fight with some goons.

Where let’s say, someone slices a at him with a knife, tears part of the suit, and reveals armor underneath. That way armor is established in the world of the movie, but because it’s under the fabric part of the suit, they can get away with not having the actor have to wear multiple layers of armor plus costume.

Just a thought.

This is what I want them to go for, honestly. But I'd say maybe take it a different approach. Have the batsuit be two layers of bleeding edge tech armor that's extremely thin. The outer layer being bulletproof, the inner layer being knife proof. Maybe even play around with the placement of the outer layer armor, like it being on the bat symbol like how it is in the comics.

I still really like the Noel suit from Origins. Especially in these manips, where the ugly cowl-cape connection is fixed.

WlcnSY8.png

Gold belt, no trunks, different symbol

gY1B9NF.png

The Begins suit was heavily restricted too. Bale couldn't move his head let alone perform any dynamic fight moves. The thick rubber suit slowed him down immensely

I don't think building off the Begins/89 suit is practical for 2020 unless Reeves wants a clumsy, stiff-ish Batman. But that's assuming Reeves wants to regress

View attachment 29554

I wouldn't HATE it. You'd have to add the yellow emblem like so - so the symbol pops
View attachment 29556

Using the Earth One version of the emblem
You are hilarious... that's basically what i was saying. Thanks for the image... shows an updated b89 would look great!!!

I cant get into the all black unless its for a Keaton Batman movie.
I know all black makes sense and all the most, hiding in the shadows and stuff...but outside of keatons batman, the look never worked for me.
Dont know why.

I think grey is technically a better color for hiding in the dark. Black is too dark if that makes sense.

I think grey is technically a better color for hiding in the dark. Black is too dark if that makes sense.
I read that too, dark grey is the best as there is always a light source in public and it's usually a mixture of greys we see.

Just throwing this out there, has anyone manipped or designed a suit that uses the actual colours of a bat - shades of brown, purple etc

I saw a brown one that looked pretty good a few years back. Can’t find it, but it’s somewhere on this site.

I don’t recall anyone experimenting too hard with purple, but I like the old fashioned gloves and the purple lining on the inside of the Rebirth cape.

There were some very interesting pieces of fan art back in 2003 before we saw the Batman Begins suit.

Probably impossible to recover most of them at this point.

How do you guys feel about a black belt against a grey body suit? Anyone remember or seen the fanfilm Batman: Dead End? I really liked the belt in that one. I think having a black belt looks great against a grey suit.

How do you guys feel about a black belt against a grey body suit? Anyone remember or seen the fanfilm Batman: Dead End? I really liked the belt in that one. I think having a black belt looks great against a grey suit.

Nah, to me it needs to have at least a bit yellow in it.
I saw a Cosplay i think that had the pouches in yellow and the rest in black, that was fine...but to me it needs to have this contrast.

Wouldn’t mind it.

Wouldn't be opposed. That suit looks a bit cosplayer (to be expected given their budget), but the essential ingredients were good, I'd like to have seen a Hollywood version with similar texturing and so on to what we got - for example - in BvS.

960full-batman%3A-dead-end-photo.jpg

I definitely prefer a black belt over yellow/gold.

My preference is either black or a dark bronze, like Batfleck. I'd even argue that the black belt is a good substitute for the trunks to do the "contrast" that gets brought up a lot in that debate.

Just throwing this out there, has anyone manipped or designed a suit that uses the actual colours of a bat - shades of brown, purple etc

I've never seen a purple bat in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"