The BATSUIT Thread

e3d15adef9fa42a4b9a51e074b4c39d4.jpg
fd83ab5532abed5960141eb7d5ce8615.jpg
a501ae002ac11889b69066a863b38390.jpg
bb4eeff03229996836011b831a8f024a.jpg
3ff545270324d1e64bd4e1a72a212f22.jpg
YES to all of the above.

I could be down for something like this. I'd rather have a blue symbol than the yellow circle, that always seemed impractical to me, like it'd show up like a bullseye in the dark.

I literally had a manip of the JL suit, which combined two suits made by Dave Franciosa on Instagram, with the Arkham style cape and a TAS cowl. It immediately fixed the JL suit. It bears reuploading just because of how ridiculous the difference is.

View attachment 30381

Looking pretty freaking cool, but still...cape over the shoulders is a thing i dont know.
Feels like it could hinder his range of motion, but then...its a comic book for christ sake, its doesnt always need to make sense.

I could be down for something like this. I'd rather have a blue symbol than the yellow circle, that always seemed impractical to me, like it'd show up like a bullseye in the dark.

Yeah, i get that the yellow is supposed to draw fire when he is seen...but a darker and less "colorfull" color would make more sense to me when using the shadows.

Looking pretty freaking cool, but still...cape over the shoulders is a thing i dont know.
Feels like it could hinder his range of motion, but then...its a comic book for christ sake, its doesnt always need to make sense.

That can be resolved easily by just doing what TAS did, by having Batman more or less throw the cape behind his shoulders for action scenes, where he needs that motion, but then return it for dialogue, interrogation and other scenes where he doesn't need that motion

I really hate those ears that jut away from the head.

Well I can’t even convince most folks about iris obscuring lenses in an age of biometric identification, so I don’t argue for the weirder stuff... but all my favorite Batsuits combine tactical practicality and theatricality. The best of those (both inspired by Adam West’s btw) are R Grampa and Paul Pope. A combination of these is my ideal bat suit - certainly if Batman shows up in Joker 2, I hope they get weird...

BE457ADD-40F5-4FFB-81EF-DC1ACC1A61AB.jpeg 66B3A431-8444-4728-B032-F3BECA29114D.png 20CB58CC-E960-4930-A82E-77DC83BEF578.jpeg

Well I can’t even convince most folks about iris obscuring lenses in an age of biometric identification, so I don’t argue for the weirder stuff... but all my favorite Batsuits combine tactical practicality and theatricality. The best of those (both inspired by Adam West’s btw) are R Grampa and Paul Pope. A combination of these is my ideal bat suit - certainly if Batman shows up in Joker 2, I hope they get weird...

View attachment 30389 View attachment 30390 View attachment 30394
I'd take something like that if it was toned down slightly. He looks like a Cenobite.

Cenobat! I'm back on board.

I'd take something like that if it was toned down slightly. He looks like a Cenobite.

Cenobat! I'm back on board.

Hah, nice to have you back on board ;) And also, yes, those floppy-eared looks at the top of this page are goofy as hell. I’m with you that aesthetics matter and that it’s important that Batman not look goofy. I just do like him looking like a creature of the night ;)

View attachment 30389 View attachment 30390 View attachment 30394
Not sure how this would translate to live action. He does indeed look like a Hellraiser character

I wouldn't mind a more organic looking suit that makes him look like a creature. Over exaggerated clavicle and sternum. Deep separation between long, slender muscles.
I don't know which deadly sin was which in Shazam, but the one that had bat wings...something like that could be interesting.

I personally want a happy middle ground between Batfleck’s suit, and a year one suit. And I want to be clear: by Affleck’s look I don’t mean a big/ muscle man look. I want an athletic/ normal Batman stature. But I LOVED the design of the suit in BVS. It was literally right of the comics.

That’s all I want. Keep it simple. Medium long ears. No oval. No complicated marvel look or needless lines everywhere.

My ideal Batman is Greg Capullo’s artwork and design for reference.

I like this. Not for a movie, but it's fun.

The cool thing about all these really radical designs is that you can come up with them as a way to find cool ideas, then dial those ideas down to about 10-20% to apply to a more traditional suit. I'm sure that most movie superhero costumes get dozens of crazy concept designs thrown at the wall that we never even see, even in the "art of" books. It's a good idea to go out on all sorts of creative limbs when designing a thing like this, even if it's only to find out what you *don't* want to do. If they didn't start crazy and dial in from there, we'd never get anything fresh or different.

Since we're talking random designs that play up the whole "bat" motif, I always loved this design idea:
18lphpupcl67xjpg.jpg

Complete with sonic weapons to give off a blood chilling "shreik". I mean, you come across that silhouette in a dark alley at night with that shreik... :eek:

Grey part looks to much like BvS, including the texture. Could use a bit more darkness. Love the blue color of the cowl. The bat symbol looks great too. Put this suit in proper lighting and it becomes great looking.

Grey part looks to much like BvS, including the texture. Could use a bit more darkness. Love the blue color of the cowl. The bat symbol looks great too. Put this suit in proper lighting and it becomes great looking.
The airbrushed muscles look a bit daft and I don't know if the blue works without the yellow oval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"