The BATSUIT Thread

I think i'm the only one who loves the shorter ears. I feel this is something just about right for Batman.

Shorter ears are present in the majority of his most famous and iconic looks in the comics.
It is fine if you like short ears. To each their own, I just find they look too much like Daredevil's horns when they get really short. They look more distinctly Batman when longer and the artists get to play and do more interesting things with his silhouette with longer ears.

However, I don't think you can say that short ears are present in the majority of Batman's most famous and iconic appearances in the comics. He has long ears in his 1. first appearances, 2. all of the iconic and influential Denny O'Neal and Neal Adams stories from the 70s, 3. Strange Apparitions, 4. The Killing Joke, 5. A Death in the Family, 6. The Long Halloween/Dark Victory, 7. Prey and all of the other great stories from Legends of the Dark Knight, 8. Knightfall and all of the main continuity from the 90s, Kingdom Come, etc.

When I think short ears, I just think 60s Batman, Frank Miller, Jim Lee, and the recent Scott Snyder stuff.

82765913_111566500405202_7171647582206503164_n.jpg
Really like this.

I don't need tears to be "short" but I sure don't want comically long ears. On the comic page it can work with the rest of the art style used. On Film? They begin got look silly.

I don't need tears to be "short" but I sure don't want comically long ears. On the comic page it can work with the rest of the art style used. On Film? They begin got look silly.
I don't think a single long ear proponent has requested or even suggested such an ear length. I think all of the reference shots used by long ear fans have been in the David Finch to Neal Adams range, which the Burton and Nolan films have shown work really well on film.

Small ears make him look more like a cat.

Keaton's cowl might have not allowed for much movement, but I think the ears were the right height.

Batman-header.jpg

Small ears make him look more like a cat.

Keaton's cowl might have not allowed for much movement, but I think the ears were the right height.

Batman-header.jpg
The lack of mobility in the neck, actually worked in his favor.

It gave him a cadence of movement that was very intimidating, where he would quickly jerk and turn his entire upper body.

Also ironically very midevil Knight like.

I loved that movement from Keaton because of the stiff cowl. As impractical in reality as it maybe but a cape is impractical too. As is covering your ears. Or having long ears. Small suspension of disbelief.

Last edited:
We might still get them for a scene or two but the eyes will probably be visible the rest of the time. Fine by me.

I'm a little late on this (I see everyone has switched to debating the ear length lol), but what about semi-transparent lenses? Would this be a happy medium for fans?

Could potentially look cool.

C44524CE-6E9C-426D-A6CA-A14C6B358CDA.jpeg 83FECF84-6934-489E-90AB-0717FB89B7F7.jpeg
^^ Literally the only way the Forever suit could have looked even cooler.
Agreed. Maybe some forearm guards and brass knuckles, but that’s about it. No nipples. Add Keaton. And ... drool.

Black and grey concept art was nice too. Hell the suit in matte black looks good too.

I can't get past the metal cod piece. Just can't do it. :funny:

Long ears will always be best to me because they look like horns and play into the idea Batman is a monster, it looks threatening to me. Short ears just make me cringe.

I'm not trying to question your taste or anything but wouldn't short ears look more like horns? Daredevil, Hellboy (sometimes has long anyway) lizards, goats, etc. All have short horns

1CD4657A-C1FF-4DD3-A205-33846986BB04.jpeg

Give me Derington-Bat pls.

Yep. Plus Robert Pattinson’s jaw line is no joke. It’s easily the best of all the actors to play Batsy. Especially if he keeps a little stubble to further accentuate it ...

This Jae Lee Batman design, and Batman figure actually really look like Robert Pattinson’s natural physique and jaw line and lips.

I just want a cloth suit
With the exception of TDK/TDKR and the 66 movie, every Batsuit we've gotten in live action has been a huge bulky rubber suit, I'd like them to take some notes from the kinds of suits we've gotten in the Spider-Man films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"