The BATSUIT Thread

Yeah, those concepts look like garbage.

Fabric suit all day long.

I love the film version, but I really like this concept:

vkrGNPV.jpg

Very Arkham inspired I see

As far as the live-action suits go, the ones in the Burton films are the only ones I've really loved. Slim Batman down, give him longer ears, and make great use of the cape.

Happy with what we got in BvS, wish they kept it the same for JL.

And now we can talk about the MATT REEVES batsuit. :awesome:

I think it will more of less resemble the BvS/JL template.

Speciality suits are a real possibility though after the mech and tactical suits.

BvS batsuit is flawless. I don't particulary like this bulk'd up version, but it would make a point using a bigger armor for bigger threats. He is in the big leagues after all, and it's Batman... He should have specialized armors for different scenarios.

Slimming him down would take away from his menacing human tank silhouette.
hurlud2.gif

I would do something like Black Panther for the legacy characters.

This is Batman to me. 100%. It's the only time I've looked at a live action Batman and thought, "Yup, I'd **** my pants if I saw that coming at me"; that's an important aspect of the character, IMO.

This is Batman to me. 100%. It's the only time I've looked at a live action Batman and thought, "Yup, I'd **** my pants if I saw that coming at me"; that's an important aspect of the character, IMO.

You are not wrong about that.

I was surprised that ALL of the alternative designs for the Bat-suit had the overly armoured look.

Wilkenson even said that Snyder explicitly told him he wanted it to be as close to the comics as possible; so why did they do SO much armoured exploration?

Have they just decided to only release the armoured alternatives, and hold back ALL the more comic accurate except for the near final concepts?

Anywho, like many others, I HATE the changes they made for the JL version. The plates make no sense as they are, and make him begin to look like Meteor Man.

It'll be interesting to hear Matt Reeves expand upon his vision for Batman and what his particular take is in the coming months. That may inform what we can expect from the batsuit.

Perhaps he loves the BvS/JL suits and won't want to change the suit up all that much. Or maybe he'll want to take it in an entirely different direction. Perhaps he is interested in the idea of Batman as a living shadow, where the silhouette is the most important aspect of Batman's iconography. In that case, maybe we'll finally get the fully-enveloping cape and white eyes.

Very exciting stuff to speculate on. Can't wait to hear him open up about the character once he's finished up with Apes.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to hear Matt Reeves expand upon his vision for Batman and what his particular take is in the coming months. That may inform what we can expect from the batsuit.

Perhaps he loves the BvS/JL suits and won't want to change the suit up all that much. Or maybe he'll want to take it in an entirely different direction. Perhaps he is interested in the idea of Batman as a living shadow, where the silhouette is the most important aspect of Batman's iconography. In that case, maybe we'll finally get the fully-enveloping cape and white eyes.

Very exciting stuff to speculate on. Can't wait to hear him upon up about the character once he's finished up with Apes.

My hope, from a continuity perspective, and because I really like the BvS and JL suits...they don't change much.

It'd be cool to explore the navy and maybe oval look if he employs an alt suit and thin Ben out a bit. I like the musculature, but he did have an abdominal puff going on at times.

I wonder if his waist were more tapered, people wouldn't mind the huge chest/shoulders/arms of the BvS costume. I tend to think that would have gone over well among this base.

You guys don't actually think these are all the alternative designs...

My hope, from a continuity perspective, and because I really like the BvS and JL suits...they don't change much.

It'd be cool to explore the navy and maybe oval look if he employs an alt suit and thin Ben out a bit. I like the musculature, but he did have an abdominal puff going on at times.

I wonder if his waist were more tapered, people wouldn't mind the huge chest/shoulders/arms of the BvS costume. I tend to think that would have gone over well among this base.
If nothing else, I'd like them to slim down the amount of padding. I agree on that 100%.

Perhaps he is interested in the idea of Batman as a living shadow, where the silhouette is the most important aspect of Batman's iconography. In that case, maybe we'll finally get the fully-enveloping cape and white eyes.

I really want that.

I still want to see the Earth-One/Classic Grey with hints of Blue, Yellow oval Batsuit
latest

I wonder if the BvS suit was that bulky not only because of the comic it's inspired by, but also because it masks Affleck's big head. If it were slimmer, a risk that his head in the cowl would look too big?

Does anyone else think the Tick got his new suit from Bruce Wayne's prototype bin? The shape of the armour is very similar to the tactical suit. (I like it overall, the mask is a huge improvement, but as with the tac suit, I wish the armour shapes were more organic).

17191771_1464594406907777_7942313732827171739_o.jpg

God the tactical suit is just so awesome to me
C4_7B8-VMAEVcRj.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"