The BATSUIT Thread

Snyder said that the padding is supposed to be a bullet stopping non newtonian fluid.

...which is a pretty good piece of reasoning for the padding as a whole, but not sure it explains the need for muscle sculpture!

Maybe to look animalistic. Like the leather texture on the cape and cowl. To look like a true creature of the night.

Slimming him down would take away from his menacing human tank silhouette.
hurlud2.gif

I would do something like Black Panther for the legacy characters.

I've never been partial to Batman having a hulking physique. I much prefer the athletic build of the Norm Breyfogle and Jim Aparo illustrations. To each their own.

I guess I'm in the minority anyway :woot: But it's a guilty pleasure to see him look like that. It probably fits a younger and more active Batman.

I love short ears too but I think they make Batfleck's head looks stocky. Maybe just a littleee bit longer.

Also ditch the armor pads and curve ears of the JL suit while they're at it.

We're all in minority... wait, this doesn't make much sense. I don't mind navy blue for the cape and cowl, but I don't like the idea of a two-tone cape, with inside of it being purple.

I can see where you're coming from with this, but with batfleck's height, I don't think any longer would sit well on him. Besides, this entire Batman is a bit on a stocky side, which I welcome, as we already had athletic Bats with Bale and I always liked that image of a hulking, nocturnal monster a la Jim Lee.

I agree with ditching the obvious armor plates, as well as the way ears currently sit on the cowl.

Slimming him down would take away from his menacing human tank silhouette.

hurlud2.gif

He looks like he's got farts in his tummy.

But seriously, a slightly more svelte look would be better.

I can almost let it slide with Supes, given that he's an alien, and meant to be invulnerable. An anatomic suit is more forgivable for a jacked Kryptonian. But an earthbound human vigilante who requires protection? Sculpted muscles are utterly pointless and incredibly silly. The JL suit does look to be dealing with it, but in the wrong way. He can just have a smooth, clean torso, without all these pointless embellishments.

Eh, that approach didn't really work for me with Superman since it doesn't look like some skintight underwear or whatever that Kryptonians have under all that armor and whatnot.

As for Batman... I can't think of anything that I like about the JL suit.

The tactical suit does have a slimming effect and it looks like it fits Ben Affleck better.

Nah.

My requests for the solo film batsuit remain the same:

- Take the BvS suit and slim it down
- Make the cowl more form-fitting, and with longer ears
- Make the cape able to wrap around the body

This exactly. The BvS suit looked fine on paper (TDKReturns and BvS pre-production art) but it looked too bulky in movement. Affleck obviously got in shape for the movie but that suit didn't do him any favours. It gave him a 'roid gut, and his face looked fuller in the cowl than out of it. With Affleck's head size and shape the ears need to be a bit longer. It looks much better in the JL 'Mount Olympus' team photo.

He looks like he's got farts in his tummy.

But seriously, a slightly more svelte look would be better.

i love that shot, but i too think slimming him a bit wouldn't be a bad idea. i like an imposing batman, but he's just a tad too bulky.

I love the film version, but I really like this concept:

vkrGNPV.jpg

Way too much going on with that suit

And yeah, the cowl is terrible

I'm not really into the armor look to be honest. I think the BvS/JL suit is near perfect but they just need to hone in on slimming it down and making Ben look like he's wearing the suit and not the suit wearing him.

The cowl is terrible. Aside from that. . . I suppose it would work if you were specifically going for a modernized, high-tech future Batman. One that specifically embraces the light powered armor schtick, ala Batman Beyond. Which. . . I wouldn't hate, but I'd really like to see a good proper "ninja Batman" first.

With a few alterations that suit would be great for batman beyond. I'd like to see something akin to lee bermejos batman next go round.

I'm fine'ish with that suit concept, but not the cowl/belt/cape/cape attachment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"