The BATSUIT Thread

Ah ok I got ya. His cape should have been more malleable in general. It's really rigid and pinned in place with that permanent fold on his shoulders.

Yeah, they could just make an unpinned/unfolded version for when needed. It would be absolutely trivial to accomplish.

I'm kind of shocked that Snyder, who is usually all about recreating the image from the page as much as possible, didn't actually do it. Give me a stitch unpicker and I could do it.

Yeah, that really surprises me too. He loves recreating comic imagery, and that's probably Batman's biggest icon. His long, flowing cape completely envelopes him in black and puddles on the floor. I know that's not practical when it comes to hand to hand combat, but we can suspend our disbelief.

Exactly, there was even concept art for bvs that showed that

That's why I'm wondering if there is a practical issue with it. I have to believe Snyder and Wilkinson at least tried it.

But then again, perhaps the desire to show off the suit simply won out.

I just found this awesome update of the "first appearance" Batman as a Mezco toy. I'd totally love to see something like this in live action if we ever see a flashback to this Batman's first appearance, or even just on display in the cave. I think it's totally awesome.

One12-Collective-Batman-Ascending-Knight.jpg

Assuming Matt Reeves is our new director, I am very curious what his take on the batsuit will be.

For my part? I'd love something influenced by this bad boy right here:

Goodwin00-630x420.jpg

really hope reeves is able to put as much of his own stamp on the franchise as snyder has in terms of the suits, gadgets, cave

even the manor. hopefully we see it fully restored in the solo film.

I want longer ears for once, just to see how it looks with this Batsuit.

Also, some purple/blue added into the color scheme would be nice, even if it's subtle. The DC Rebirth Batsuit has purple hue in the inside of its cape and I think that looks good.

I want longer ears for once, just to see how it looks with this Batsuit.

Also, some purple/blue added into the color scheme would be nice, even if it's subtle. The DC Rebirth Batsuit has purple hue in the inside of its cape and I think that looks good.

And I keep praying to Todd for them to drop it. With that purple cape and gold outline on the batsymbol, Batman is looking like a frickin' pimp in most renditions.

As for ears, I think they are already longer in JL, I personally wouldn't go for longer than that. But I was always partial to Year One/TDKR/Jim Lee style Bats.

I guess I'm in the minority anyway :woot: But it's a guilty pleasure to see him look like that. It probably fits a younger and more active Batman.

I love short ears too but I think they make Batfleck's head looks stocky. Maybe just a littleee bit longer.

Also ditch the armor pads and curve ears of the JL suit while they're at it.

Less Schumacher/Snyder anatomically-based comic booky exteriors, please.

Keep the BVS colors, textures and general cowl design, but pull the musculature away from OTT. All that extra bulk simply registers with me as foam.

Slim him down for the solo. Yeah, I want some of Arkham-esque knuckle breaking action. But the emphasis on Batman in the solos should be intelligence and stealth.

torso-wise closer to lujho's avi would be fine.

Less Schumacher/Snyder anatomically-based comic booky exteriors, please.

Agreed. It's just silly in live action.

"I'm a vigilante who fights violent criminals and needs the best protection possible. I'd better make sure I have a sculpted six pack." :whatever:

We definitely don't need a return to TDK levels of 'realism' but surely we can strike a happy medium?

I just found this awesome update of the "first appearance" Batman as a Mezco toy. I'd totally love to see something like this in live action if we ever see a flashback to this Batman's first appearance, or even just on display in the cave. I think it's totally awesome.

One12-Collective-Batman-Ascending-Knight.jpg

That's quite marvellous.

Mezco...

484.jpg

As far as muscle definition on a suit goes, I'd like something closer to the Black Panther suit. That thing is a stone's throw away from being a perfect batsuit.

Ears are too long on that "Ascending Knight". And I hope that for the solo he can drape his cape over the suit like in BTAS.

"I'm a vigilante who fights violent criminals and needs the best protection possible. I'd better make sure I have a sculpted six pack." :whatever:

We definitely don't need a return to TDK levels of 'realism' but surely we can strike a happy medium?

I am still partial to some of those photoshop edits people did converting the WS Cap costume into a Batman outfit. Something thereabouts would be my personal preference.

Ears are too long on that "Ascending Knight". And I hope that for the solo he can drape his cape over the suit like in BTAS.

I think the point of this figure is to have an "updated" version of the First Appearance Batman, hence the weird ears. I don't think the original poster was suggesting that to be the default Batsuit on the solo film, maybe just have it in a flashback or in the Batcave, as an easter egg from Batfleck's earlier days.

I don't know about BvS since I haven't looked close enough, but Snyder even had the veins defined in the MOS suits.

I hope that for the solo he can drape his cape over the suit like in BTAS.
Nothing would make me happier in the world than someone finally pulling that off. The silhouette, to me, is far more iconic (and important) than the batsuit itself. An enveloping cape makes the silhouette.

Nothing would make me happier in the world than someone finally pulling that off. The silhouette, to me, is far more iconic (and important) than the batsuit itself. An enveloping cape makes the silhouette.

Baffles me why this has never been done properly. Begins suit came closest.

I don't know about BvS since I haven't looked close enough, but Snyder even had the veins defined in the MOS suits.

I can almost let it slide with Supes, given that he's an alien, and meant to be invulnerable. An anatomic suit is more forgivable for a jacked Kryptonian. But an earthbound human vigilante who requires protection? Sculpted muscles are utterly pointless and incredibly silly. The JL suit does look to be dealing with it, but in the wrong way. He can just have a smooth, clean torso, without all these pointless embellishments.

Last edited:
I figure the sculpted muscles on the batsuit were meant to help maintain the superstition that he was monster.

I figure the sculpted muscles on the batsuit were meant to help maintain the superstition that he was monster.

Snyder said that the padding is supposed to be a bullet stopping non newtonian fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"