The BATSUIT Thread

Could be slimmer, the logo could be different, but it shouldn’t stray from the path already paved.
Aesthetically, the BvS suit is the most comic-book accurate suit to date. But at its core, it's yet another foam latex suit. Michael Wilkinson gets props for texturing the suit to look like cloth, but it's still effectively rubber. The technology behind it is really not that far removed from the previous batsuits. It just had the benefit of being made with better materials/technology and with a creative team that was more conscious of the source material.

If you're wanting Reeves to make a suit that is genuinely fabric-based, then yes you should stray from the path already set. Looking like fabric and being fabric are not the same thing.

With a guy like Reeves, one of the exceptionally few filmmakers who uses CGI correctly, I have no problem with CG enhancement of the suit. There is no excuse for Batman to be bested by Black Panther, Captain America and TV Daredevil in terms of agility and dexterous combat choreography. I’m a fan of all those heroes in their properties, but Batman is the OG. Time that he’s at least in the same league as Spider-Man in terms of being shown accurately in film, and thankfully, we’ve got the director and star to do it. I expect a film that matches or surpasses the MCU in production value, with much more cinematic weight.
This

Both of these suits are flexible and agile
full

VigorousVelvetyEider-size_restricted.gif

mar-04-2019-12-48-06gif.gif

tumblr_inline_ppvmo4L9mX1reioi1_540.gif

The thing about Affleck's suit is that he looked like he could barely move in it. He always looked bloated. You'd never see Affleck in a dynamic pose. He could barely crouch
View attachment 26012

You can even see the abs folding in. It was too big

I still find it uninteresting looking for Batman.

Something like Captain America and Daredevil is ideal in my eyes

Aesthetically, the BvS suit is the most comic-book accurate suit to date. But at its core, it's yet another foam latex suit. Michael Wilkinson gets props for texturing the suit to look like cloth, but it's still effectively rubber. The technology behind it is really not that far removed from the previous batsuits. It just had the benefit of being made with better materials/technology and with a creative team that was more conscious of the source material.

If you're wanting Reeves to make a suit that is genuinely fabric-based, then yes you should stray from the path already set. Looking like fabric and being fabric are not the same thing.

BvS suit (gray body suit) is 3d printed fabric, not rubber, I am not sure were you take that info, now what its rubber is the molding underneath, no error there, but if you meant the gray part being “rubber textured like fabric” that is completely false, its mere spandex like material with 3d printing to look like some 3way fiber / ballistic material.

Big fan of this texture on the fabric. I'd like something with visible fibers, which can look scratched and worn out as the occasion demands. Hope they opt out of the excessive crisscross of lines, which the MCU costumes already go overkill with.

I’m game with that. I don’t think i would want clothing in the batsuit. The texture on that suit was perfect... and i’m done with plated armour rubber suits.

If he's going to be a detective it strangely fits. The one piece bodysuit makes him look too standard compared to other superheroes.
It's the opposite if anything. You never see a detective decked out in full cop armor because they are investigating a crime. They aren't going to War with criminals

A minimalistic design design for a detective Batman makes more sense than a tactical plated body armor

My bad for misreading our discussion, but in my defense we were talking about both, and you have been blurting nonesense all over the batboard, so it wasn’t that much of a strecht.

What nonsense was that? That Snyder's suit isn't actually all that comic accurate? Because I totally stand by that chief. Yes, it's black and grey, and has stubby ears... but to pretend it's accurate to Miller's second suit other than that, is complete nonsense, I assure you.

Or do you think it's nonsense that they should avoid the new suit looking anything like Snyder's? Because that really isn't nonsense. They need to get as far away from the look of Batfleck as possible, otherwise the audience might think it's the same Batman, which would be a disaster.

Your first comment was that you thought they should just keep the BvS suit... and all I've been doing is arguing how terrible a decision that would be.

We need something completely fresh... and if they can't do completely fresh, then something that echoes and improves upon the bat suit look of Nolan's movies, rather than Snyder's - for reasons which should be blindingly obvious.

We need something completely fresh... and if they can't do completely fresh, then something that echoes and improves upon the bat suit look of Nolan's movies, rather than Snyder's - for reasons which should be blindingly obvious.
I hope never get another Nolan-style Batsuit ever again. Never again to all-black rubberized plates. We took two steps forward with Affleck, let's not take 5 steps back. Snyder walked so Reeves could run.

Don’t care if it’s tactical, don’t care if it’s more comicy, just let him move well. Daredevil and MCU Cap both have lots of mobility in their suits to make great fights. Batman needs to at minimum match that.

Something like that would be terrific.

BW_Statue_gallery_1.jpg

I would very much like to see a bat suit that is allowed to have wrinkles. To look more like cloth, instead of a vacuum sealed muscle suit. It works for Cap, I see no reason it can’t work for Bats as well. It’d certainly allow combat to be more fluid, realistic and exciting, without having to resort to extensive camera trickery and cgi.

This kind of picture, or Bermejo’s bat suit, are good launching off points.

I hope never get another Nolan-style Batsuit ever again. Never again to all-black rubberized plates. We took two steps forward with Affleck, let's not take 5 steps back. Snyder walked so Reeves could run.

I do find it a bit weird at this insistence that Snyder’s bat suit was so incredibly different. It wasn’t. The major departure was that it was grey and black (which everyone liked) but it was still predominantly made of rubber (albeit the most advanced kind possible at the time) and still constructed essentially the same as the bat suits that came before it.

If you’re talking something actually new... it’s not about colours, or which bat logo is used, it’s about the fundamental way the suit is constructed.

If we move away from the rubber suit, it has to be more along the lines of the suit Boom posted above, or, like I say, more like Captain America’s suit.

It’s time we had something different from the all in one rubber wetsuit type Bat suit, which every film from Batman 89 to Justice League has used.

Last edited:
I would very much like to see a bat suit that is allowed to have wrinkles. To look more like cloth, instead of a vacuum sealed muscle suit. It works for Cap, I see no reason it can’t work for Bats as well. It’d certainly allow combat to be more fluid, realistic and exciting, without having to resort to extensive camera trickery and cgi.

This kind of picture, or Bermejo’s bat suit, are good launching off points.

I do find it a bit weird at this insistence that Snyder’s bat suit was so incredibly different. It wasn’t. The major departure was that it was grey and black (which everyone liked) but it was still predominantly made of rubber (albeit the most advanced kind possible at the time) and still constructed essentially the same as the bat suits that came before it.

If you’re talking something actually new... it’s not about colours, or which bat logo is used, it’s about the fundamental way the suit is constructed.

If we move away from the rubber suit, it has to be more along the lines of the suit Boom posted above, or, like I say, more like Captain America’s suit.

It’s time we had something different from the all in one rubber wetsuit type Bat suit, which every film from Batman 89 to Justice League has used.

The “insistence” comes from the part that the gray portion of the Snyder suit is actually fabric, 3d printed, it is not rubber, sure the padding underneath seems to be Rubber but the outer gray body suit is not, that is what I believe people here meant while putting Snyder suit above Nolan’s, not that hard to grasp imo. Now, was the Snyder suit perfect? No. Can it be improved? Yes. Its as simple as, do not abandon the outer fabric body suit concept to go back to full on rubber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"