• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Best Montage?

Mr. Credible

jukebox hero
Reaction score
simple enough, what is your favorite movie montage?

mine's a toss up between Team America (mostly because of the song) and Rocky 4... that one was pretty bad-ass.

Rocky 2. With Rocky running across Philly with all of the kids behind him, and eventually running up the art museum steps, intercut with the patented Rocky training scenes.

I'd be interested to find out what film used a montage first....

If we were talikn' about TV montages the A-Team would win easy...

Immortalfire said:
Define "montage".

The hours approaching, just give it your best
You've got to reach your prime.
That’s when you need to put yourself to the test,
And show us a passage of time,
We're gonna need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Show a lot of things happing at once,
Remind everyone of what’s going on (what’s going on?)
And with every shot you show a little improvement
To show it all would take to long
That’s called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)

And anything that we want to go from just a beginner to a pro,
You need a montage (montage)
Even Rocky had a montage (montage)

That's called a montage...

Always fade out in a Montage...

Mr. Credible said:
The hours approaching, just give it your best
You've got to reach your prime.
That’s when you need to put yourself to the test,
And show us a passage of time,
We're gonna need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Show a lot of things happing at once,
Remind everyone of what’s going on (what’s going on?)
And with every shot you show a little improvement
To show it all would take to long
That’s called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)

And anything that we want to go from just a beginner to a pro,
You need a montage (montage)
Even Rocky had a montage (montage)

That's called a montage...

Always fade out in a Montage...

Nice :up: :up: :up:

Don't forget if you fade out from a montage, it looks as though more time has passed.

Parker&Stone=GENIUS

They used this in an episode of South Par too. Which version came first?

Fight Club
Godfather
Team America
Rocky 4(that song was so 80's)

ToddIsDead said:
I believe they used it in South Park first.

they did. in the episode where they all go to Vail for a timeshare thing, and that guy keeps calling Stan "Stan Marsh the Darsh"

they changed a few of the words in the song, though, and it was slower.

what montage was in Fight Club?

Jeff Speakman in The Perfect Weapon.

That was the manifesto of all montages. Sheer brilliance when they made his belts change color, from white, to yellow to red to black. If they had an entire course in Montaging at NYU film school I bet they'd use this movie.

Take it to the Limit, THE LIMIT - Scarface, the scene on the DVD is called Prosperity, just making money, taking garbage bags full of it to the bank, buying cars, a mansion, getting a tiger for the wife, that kind of thing

Layla - Goodfellas, De Niro thinks, why pay everyone who was in on the Lufthansa robbery when I can just kill'em? The married couple in the refrigerator car? Ick.

Home - Wall Street, another great wealth and riches montage, doing up the Central Park West condo, banging Daryl Hannah, fun activities

Ghostbusters - Ghostbusters, running around Manhattan catching ghosts, being interviewed on TV (how is Elvis, and have you seen him lately?), awesome

i think that song in Scarface is called 'Push it to the limit'

Armand Z Trip said:
Take it to the Limit, THE LIMIT - Scarface, the scene on the DVD is called Prosperity, just making money, taking garbage bags full of it to the bank, buying cars, a mansion, getting a tiger for the wife, that kind of thing

Layla - Goodfellas, De Niro thinks, why pay everyone who was in on the Lufthansa robbery when I can just kill'em? The married couple in the refrigerator car? Ick.

:up: :up: :up: Especially the 2nd.

Armand Z Trip said:

Home - Wall Street, another great wealth and riches montage, doing up the Central Park West condo, banging Daryl Hannah, fun activities

Ghostbusters - Ghostbusters, running around Manhattan catching ghosts, being interviewed on TV (how is Elvis, and have you seen him lately?), awesome

You got that right!

Almost Famous - the very last sequence, as William (Patrick Fugit) patches things up with his family and he and the members of Stillwater finally make it to the cover of Rolling Stone and discover how important their friendship is. All while Zeppelin's "Tangerine" is playing.

Goodfellas - The obvious choice, and defintiely a close second to AF. It has "Layla" played to great dramtic effect, making the song even better than it already is.

Team America - very funny and creative sendup.

Armand Z Trip said:

Agreed. Best montage i've ever seen. Can't believe you were the first to mention it. Especially when he gets the tigers he wanted earlier in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadlyDrawnKano
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"