Guardians of the Galaxy The Big Bad Star Lord Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a slight Captain Jack Sparrow vibe from the Comic Con reports

Depends on how Gunn wants him to play it. Gamora and Drax are there to be the straight men almost.

Really? I am getting more of a Han Solo vibe.
Han and Sparrow both have the roughish archetype which I think Star Lord will have.

I think its the whole most wanted man, don't you know who I am?, skirt chasing, smart ass stuff we have heard about Star Lord.

Audiences love these type of characters when played well. This could really boost Chris Pratt to the big time.

VIDEO: Chris Pratt felt like a *****ebag after posting Shirtless photo of himself online

I've never really felt any *****ier than the day after I set that photo out and I had all my friends tearing me apart on that one. For the most part it (the reaction) was pretty positive. I haven't always been fat but I've been fat for like the 8 years or something, which is really fun, really great and I love being eating food and drinking beer and having fun with my life. But also I was kind of depreseed a little bit when I was fat and there's probably people out there who will agree and understand what that feels like and I tell them, "Hey! If you just bust your ass and get after it, all it takes is six months really. Six months flies by whether you are working out everyday or whether you are not and you feel compelled to do something about it, take some action, get in shape then do it." You could, you really could, in six months. All you have to do is just book a Marvel movie and have a deadline and that's like you if you don't get fit you might get fired. Then it's easy.

You could, you really could, in six months. All you have to do is just book a Marvel movie and have a deadline and that's like you if you don't get fit you might get fired. Then it's easy.

:pal::pal:

Han and Sparrow both have the roughish archetype which I think Star Lord will have.

I think its the whole most wanted man, don't you know who I am?, skirt chasing, smart ass stuff we have heard about Star Lord.

Audiences love these type of characters when played well. This could really boost Chris Pratt to the big time.

Personally as I've said in another thread I'm getting a Jack Burton vibe and with a director as subversive as Gunn is a hero who isn't as tough or capable as he thinks he is is long overdue imo :woot:.

I'm getting a slight Captain Jack Sparrow vibe from the Comic Con reports
Me too... I hope they don't go too far with it.

BTW, helmet and weapons look insanely awesome. I hope we get to see him with an outfit more like the one in the Abnett/Lanning comics and that helmet... 'cause right now I'm not liking the long coat too much.

I think it's so great that big adorably puppy-dog Andy from Parks and Recreation is now the star of a big tentpole Marvel movie.

Dammit Keyser, I just saw your avatar and spit water all over the cat.

Star-Lord has a very good chance of becoming Marvel's next big character. It'll be great seeing the character hit it big

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but...
http://comicsalliance.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-lord-drax-nova-corps-props-sdcc-2013/

gotgmain.jpg

novacorpsstarlordstuff.jpg

novacorpsman.jpg

starlordmask.jpg

Click to read the article.

Now that I like.

^ yes. Not gunna lie, not sure how I feel about the Nova corps look..a part of hates them and think they look aweful and it doesn't LOOK Nova...but at the same time, it kinda does, and it fits into the MCU perfectly. I hope they will have powers, especially if there is a Nova Prime

My own suspicion is that those are the uniforms for the Nova Corps equivalent of grunts and prison guards. The actual Nova Centurions probably look different, and are equipped/empowered different.

^ hope so. They strait up look like futuristic cheap prison cops here

if you notice one has a half insignia of the nova corps. the other a full one. i guess the handcannons are for the newbs, and the nova force is for the centurions.

This is what the booth guys dressed as SHIELD agents looked like at Comic Con in 2011:
DSCN0051.jpg

tumblr_lonu178PoH1ql5i2ao1_500.jpg

Sorry for the size.

Here is how they looked in the movie:
2143869-shield.png

avengers-cobiesmulders2-REELZ-1.jpg

Shield_Agents.jpg

shield.jpeg

Is there a difference? Maybe the booth costumes aren't as detailed and made as well as the costumes for the movies. Plus with the added special effects, lighting, camera shooting, etc, it will end up making the suits look great.

most of the starlord helmets i've seen are always dark, or have some colored lighting on them. so i took 2 of the better ones and did some editing. tried to take out the mood lighting and show off the helmet's detail.

bc9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"