Guardians of the Galaxy The Big Bad Star Lord Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this, the shirtless selfie that Pratt posted on twitter did not even begin to portray what awesome shape he is in. He looks absolutely massive in the footage and even through the blurriness you can make out that he is extremely cut. Dude got seriously jacked! He looks like a genuine badass.

The mask is amazing, and from the brief bit of footage I saw, Pratt is superb as SL.

And this is why "I don't think that actor really fits the character" will always be a strawman argument.

And this is why "I don't think that actor really fits the character" will always be a strawman argument.

To be fair though, I dont remember anyone being anything but positive when Pratt was announced as SL. I only knew him from Wanted and still thought it was good casting.

:huh:

How is it a strawman argument? But I do get the gist of what you are saying here and I agree.

so is Star Lord going to start the movie in space or is the movie about him coming and being introduced to all of the galactic stuff

The mask looks great, but why the hell didn't someone take a close up of the (element?) guns??

When does GOTG take place ?

2045 ?

- Because in 2045 Harley will be 33 y/o

- In the comics Quill is 32

- Harley's potato gun looks like Starlord's guns

- Harley seems to be tech savy (he gives advice to Tony on his IM suit), and Stark sent him some tools at the end of IM3; Starlord has an armor suit that allows him to travel from galaxy to galaxy

I know, it sounds crazy, but I'm bored

U mad ?

GOTG takes place around the same time as the other Phase II Marvel films. Not 2045...

GOTG takes place around the same time as the other Phase II Marvel films. Not 2045...

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying

Oh well, as Harley said : it was worth a shot :woot:

Last edited:
Yeah, and it takes place in a different galaxy

apparently, Glenn Howerton (Dennis from It's Always Sunny) auditioned for the role of Star Lord

i gotta admit, that would have been really interesting to see

Chris Pratt as Andy on Parks and Rec "I stopped drinking beet. I lost 50lbs in one month." He's also staying in Engand for "Three months" SO that explains that haha

Last edited:
And Andy will be working for Nova Corpsman Peter Serafinowicz!

I still think it's hilarious that Glenn Howerton auditioned for this role. I can't even imagine what that would be like. I think I would only be able to fully enjoy it if he played Quill exactly like Dennis, screaming "I AM A GOLDEN GOD!!!!" while running into battle.

I love Always Sunny but I cant stand Glenn Howerton so I'm beyond happy he didnt get it

It would be pretty hard to differentiate him from Dennis if he played Quill, especially since I don't picture his delivery being much different; so it's probably good they passed. I don't imagine Marvel wants audiences associating their swashbuckling lead with a TV character who's a borderline rapist.

I will say this, the shirtless selfie that Pratt posted on twitter did not even begin to portray what awesome shape he is in. He looks absolutely massive in the footage and even through the blurriness you can make out that he is extremely cut. Dude got seriously jacked! He looks like a genuine badass.

Truth! As silly as it sounds, it motivated me to start taking my exercise seriously and i've started seeing some awesome improvements in only a few weeks! His selfie is so unbelievably inspirational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"