Guardians of the Galaxy The Big Bad Star Lord Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the team overall.

Well, I don't know if Gamora should be in prison with them; My idea is that she's sent by Thanos as a spy in the team, to assassinate Drax. Still, it works for the rest of them.

Wasn't Nathan Fillion chased up about doing a superhero film a while ago and he said he was too busy?

He seems to be the favourite for the role.

Hes not the favorite. He may be the fanboy favorite, but I'd be shocked if hes even in the running. Certainly no evidence that hes being considered.

Well, to be fair they haven't started casting yet.

I wonder if Star-Lords past is gonna be brought up in the movie? I hope it does as it what makes the character interesting, he basically comitted genocide to defeat The Fallen One and yet saved lots of lives at the same time and turned himself in to the Nova Corps, thats a lot of interesting stuff about the character I would be surprised for them to leave out.

Or will this movie basically be Star-Lords origin?

Plus, I think it would be cool to see The Fallen One.

I think they will bring it up. If they do it will probably be the opening scene of the movie. In a way it would be a great way to start the movie, off with a bang, grab people's attention,

so is this suppose to take place in present day?

I think it would be hilarious if we get an opening scene stinger with Quill narrating "how the !#$%@ did I ever get into this crazy mess?" while doing battle. Maybe he's shellshocked a la Private Ryan and hes sort of glancing at his teammates. We catch a glimpse of Rocket shouting something and firing a bazooka-like weapon, we get quills voice-over and boom flashback to the beginning and/or credits. The voice-over can end up being an excerpt from one of the crew log thingies.

So far I still want David Boreanaz as Star Lord.1

I think they will bring it up. If they do it will probably be the opening scene of the movie. In a way it would be a great way to start the movie, off with a bang, grab people's attention,

Surely they have to bring up his past? Cant call him Star-Lord without the past and yeah, it would be a great opening to the movie.

Just a look back through this thread to see who gets mentioned as possible casting...

Timothy Olyphant / Scott Porter / Sharlto Copley / Karl Urban / Josh Brolin / John Krasinski /
Ethan Hawke / Taylor Kitsch / Ed Burns/ Josh Holloway /Josh Hartnett / Nathan Fillion

Now there's an interesting mix...

Just a look back through this thread to see who gets mentioned as possible casting...

Timothy Olyphant / Scott Porter / Sharlto Copley / Karl Urban / Josh Brolin / John Krasinski /
Ethan Hawke / Taylor Kitsch / Ed Burns/ Josh Holloway /Josh Hartnett / Nathan Fillion

Now there's an interesting mix...
That's one word for it... :o

Um... has Scott Speedman been mentioned? Because I just watched the Last Resort premiere, and I kind of adored him. I think he could do Star Lord justice.

Also, he's 37. He may look younger to y'all, but... well, just putting it out there.

sharlto copley is definitely wtf, and i really like him. hes probably not gonna get any leading man type roles in hollywood, but i would love him as a supporting character in a Marvel film.

Um... has Scott Speedman been mentioned? Because I just watched the Last Resort premiere, and I kind of adored him. I think he could do Star Lord justice.

Also, he's 37. He may look younger to y'all, but... well, just putting it out there.

I agree, Speedman would be a solid choice. He was really good on Last Resort last night.

Side note, that dude who plays the Navy SEAL might make a good Batman.

How about Scarf-Lord?

tumblr_kr7z6wvGW01qa2cjdo1_500.jpg

Ken Marino as Peter Quill:

I've spent a lot of time finding someone for Pete, it was a hard one with constant everyone saying, "Nathan Fillion" at one point I thought the same but it would of been too obvious. I thought maybe another action hero but after re-reading a bunch of the comics I found that Pete is more of a comedian. He puts his wise cracks before his heroics. His other teammates are always telling him to take tasks more seriously. He's a real comedian. So I thought, 'why not get him a comedian actor?' James Gunn used Dwight from "The Office" to play the lead superhero role in "Super" so why not use that strategy again (it is Gunn's style after all now).

Ken Marino was the 1st guy to pop onto my mind, he fits Gunn's "twisted" sense of humor. In the Starz Original Series, "Party Down" he played the team leader of a catering service that were a band of misfits put together (sound familiar?) and he would always have trouble leading his team (now please tell me this doesn't sound familiar). Star-Lord has the same exact dilemma in regards to his Guardians. Ken Marino is in a numinous TV shows and has played supporting roles in comedy movies (you guys have heard of Reno 911, right?). Trust me here, he knows how to act quite well.

Ken Marino as Peter Quill:

KenMarinoasPeterQuill.jpg

Video Clip of Ken Marino with a similar Star-Lord personality (right down to the random movie references they both like to make: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ud4zL_Xw5w

so is this suppose to take place in present day?

I don't see why it wouldn't. The comic takes place in the present. And Peter Quill would have to be a modern day human, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of using him to introduce the audience to the rest of the cosmic universe. And including an element of time travel just needlessly complicates a storyline which doesn't need that to work, particularly since there'll obviously be some crossover between this and Avengers, what with Thanos and all. There's no good reason I can think of to have Star-Lord, the Guardians, and Thanos all bouncing all over the timestream. There'll be enough going on in this movie as is. It doesn't need a time travel element in addition.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/shipstld.htm

How would you guys feel if Ship was in the film? Ship is from Englehardt's run, and is Starlord's sentient...well, ship.

I feel like all Sci-fi properties need an iconic mode of transportation, and this might just work.

File this under the "2+2 = 5" file.

Ryan Gosling is apparently no longer attached to the Logan's Run remake.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/shipstld.htm

How would you guys feel if Ship was in the film? Ship is from Englehardt's run, and is Starlord's sentient...well, ship.

I feel like all Sci-fi properties need an iconic mode of transportation, and this might just work.

That would be really cool.

Uh, yeah? Why wouldn't it?

Sorry to rehash this, I didn't notice, but regarding my comment asking if it is suppose to take place in present day, I thought I heard somewhere that it was going to take place in the 30th century, or something, so I was just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"