The Rise of Skywalker The Big Question (Last Jedi Spoilers)

Boom

I got nothin'
Reaction score
Does Luke turn up in Episode IX? I figured it was a foregone conclusion, but by the way some fans are acting you'd think we have seen the last of him.

So what do you think? Will Luke show up to offer Rey a helping hand in Episode IX?

For those of us who liked it....yeah....he will be a Force ghost just like most every other Jedi master has shown up as one. For the people who hate the movie....doesn't matter, they say they aren't watching it anyway.

I agree he will show up. His "See Ya Around, Kid..." wasn't said for nothing.

Reactions: CJ
I'm hoping that JJ can redeem Luke a bit as a force ghost in this next one.

Reactions: CJ
It's pretty obvious he'll be in IX, likely in a larger role than what he would've had if Carrie Fisher hadn't passed away. The Yoda scene suggested force ghosts have more power than we've seen before. They're really open to do all kinds of things with Luke, more even than what they would have if he was still corporeally alive.

I think he will be in it, but maybe an Obi wan type of role, not much more.

I don't think this is really "The Big Question" of Episode IX, but yeah.. I'm sure he'll come back as a Force Ghost. Hopefully he lays down some Force wisdom... because that didn't happen enough in TLJ for me.

One of my big fan speculations was that we'd find Dark Side Force ghosts as well, and Vader would speak to Ben. I'm still kind of hopeful for that. Maybe Force Ghosts will serve a larger purpose in the end of this new trilogy. I find it to be one of the most unexplored aspects of the whole series.

Given what seems to be MH's reaction to the way his character was treated and dealt with in VIII, I'd say no, he's all done.

Given what seems to be MH's reaction to the way his character was treated and dealt with in VIII, I'd say no, he's all done.

Hamill might be contracted for all three movies in the new trilogy. He might not have been coming back as a Force ghost in IX originally but after Carrie Fisher's passing, I think it's inevitable that we will see Luke appear to Rey/Kylo/both, just so they can involve the only original cast member that they can for the finale.

I'm sure Force Ghost Luke will show up in some capacity.

Is it official that Luke is dead?

He kinda just disappears after his projection. What if he became all powerful and can transfer back & forth between the spirit world and real/physical world? That would be one insanely crazy powerful usage of the Force

Okay, the extreme anger I saw in the you tube interview must have been my imagination.
And once again people like you have taken everything he said out of context without watching the rest of the interview. I know hating a film makes you want to just watch and read stuff that fits your agenda, but facts are facts. I suggest you look up the truth.

Yeah, because Mark Hamill would totally turn down a paycheck and a chance to play Luke Skywalker again out of artistic integrity. Sure.

He'll be in 9. I think how they used Yoda here is a good example of how active Luke will be.

And once again people like you have taken everything he said out of context without watching the rest of the interview. I know hating a film makes you want to just watch and read stuff that fits your agenda, but facts are facts. I suggest you look up the truth.

I don't think I've said I hated the film at any point in this exchange concerning MH's possible appearance in the next film, have I. Please point out where I use the phrase 'I hated The Last Jedi'....No, I didn't think so. People like me, who would they be then ?

I actually quite liked the film, didn't love it, but far from hated it.

He'll be in it, and probably pretty frequently. I think he'll not only get a big force beyond power show again but he'll probably appear to Rey and Kylo both more than once.

It's pretty obvious he'll be in IX, likely in a larger role than what he would've had if Carrie Fisher hadn't passed away. The Yoda scene suggested force ghosts have more power than we've seen before. They're really open to do all kinds of things with Luke, more even than what they would have if he was still corporeally alive.

They had more than enough time to alter the ending to TLJ before release and make Luke live instead of die though if they wanted to give him a larger role in IX

They had more than enough time to alter the ending to TLJ before release and make Luke live instead of die though if they wanted to give him a larger role in IX

There's nothing stopping Abrams from still doing that.

LOL, if people think Hamill is actually going to refuse reprising his role in IX out of protest, that is hilariously out of touch. There's already an interview out there where he talks about wanting to show up as a force ghost.

It's pretty hilarious to hear the extreme statements people are making ever since TLJ came out.

I think it’s extrmely likely he will show up as a Force Ghost. It may have been a cameo originally, but with Carrie’s passing they may make it more than that.

The question for me is, does he appear to Rey, Kylo, or both?

I have a feeling him and Yoda will Rey and the resistance at some point though.

I wouldn't expect to see Yoda again. He wouldn't have any relevance to Rey, unlike Luke who she knew. I think he'll be appearing to both Rey and Kylo. The "see ya around kid" probably isn't just metaphorical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"