The Boondocks Thread

I didn't realise there was a thread for this....

Yeah the first two episodes were kinda patchy really, you could tell Mcgruder wasn't part of it as it just wasn't the same. Although I felt the same way about season 3, whilst it was hilarious it was funny in a different way and the tone was different compared to the first two seasons.

I agree the last two episodes were much better and felt more like classic boondocks. I've yet to watch episode 5 though

3rd and fourth have gotten somuch better

They were both really good. I admit to laughing my ass off more than once.

Is it me, or does the voice talent seem to not be too into it this season? Maybe the lack of McGruder bummed them out because I'm hearing a bunch of people half ass it besides Uncle Ruckus.

I don't agree. The last episode was classic Grandpa and Haysbert was great as Sturdy. I love his voice and hope he does more cartoon work. I'd love to hear him as Darksied. Plus Andrea Ramano is a genius.

I was cracking up throughout the last episode.

Yeah, it was really funny. Reminded me of a season 2 episode.

This one was ok. Interesting timing with the airing of the episode.

They were both really good. I admit to laughing my ass off more than once.

I don't agree. The last episode was classic Grandpa and Haysbert was great as Sturdy. I love his voice and hope he does more cartoon work. I'd love to hear him as Darksied. Plus Andrea Ramano is a genius.
Amen

I'm enjoying this season but I can definitely see why McGruder had problems with where these characters are being taken.

Didn't really like the slavery episode, but did like the Siri one.

Didnt like the SIri episode at all.

Pretty Boy Flizzy, Breaking Granddad, and Freedom Ride or Die are the only eps I really like so far

Siri one was a decent episode. The slavery one just seemed off. This season is lacking all of the chemistry and cameos from the past. Where's Thugnificent, where's Gin Rummy and Wuncler III? I'd even take Riley's little Fund-Raiser chick.

It's been a big struggle to keep watching this season. In a way I'm glad that we haven't seen Michael Caesar, and probably won't see him. Even though he is my favorite character from the strip it would suck seeing him in such a waste of a season.

I haven't seen the last episode, but I agree this season feels very robotic. The Freedom Riders episode was really good but the others? just plain boring.

Am I the only one who just doesn't care for Wuncler II? I and III are more fun to watch.

Watching this season has been difficult for me too. All the wait for it to come back and then it's like a bumpy road with only a smooth patch here and there. I'm glad this is the last season because I don't think I would watch another one if it continued this way.

Every episode this season been boring so far except for the Breaking Bad episode. Freedomland ep. was kinda funny but other than that its dull, you can tell Aaron McGruder's absence is felt.

I loved the Siri episode.This season is really hit or miss for me.With more misses than anything,but I really enjoyed the Siri episode.

So I guess the last episode leaked or something. It wasnt bad, but for a series finale it was weak. You wouldnt know it was a series finale if someone didnt tell you.

I wish they could get McGruder back for a finale TV movie special.

So I guess the last episode leaked or something. It wasnt bad, but for a series finale it was weak. You wouldnt know it was a series finale if someone didnt tell you.

I wish they could get McGruder back for a finale TV movie special.

****! They should've took another delayed deadline from him so the season would've been on par with the first 3. Now, I have to treat it the way Roseanne fans treat season 9 of her show.

Wait the gay episode is season finale? At least it wasnt as bad as all the other episodes tho

I noticed that no episode this season focused on Huey.It felt like the kids played supporting characters on Grandad's show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"