Superman Returns The "Brando" Footage ...

It's only symbolic if it is someone like Richard who dumps Superman into the sky so he gets his power back. If not, it's ignorance on the part of "madman lex". He should know the sun gives Superman his power.

Im sticking with Jor-El reviving Superman.

venom420 said:
It's only symbolic if it is someone like Richard who dumps Superman into the sky so he gets his power back. If not, it's ignorance on the part of "madman lex". He should know the sun gives Superman his power.

How is that symbolic in any way? Again, you're making Superman an utterly passive character at the expense of making Lex look better? That's silliness. You want to neuter what will probably be the most uplifting, inspiring shot in the entire movie, a shot steeped in symbolism, to have a ghost that can't, according to the story, appear where you want him to appear, and then magically give him powers he can't, according to the story, give him because he's not in the place, according to the story, where he can do that.

So not only is it nonsensical, it's the opposite of symbolic.

Jor-El will revive Superman in Superman II: The Donner Cut. Where it happens IN the Fortress, WHERE such things can be made possible.

Besides, Lex leaving him there isn't STUPID because he's stabbed him and left him for dead underneath a CONTINENT SIZED hunk of half-kryptonite. Which is why the symbolism in his rising ANYWAY is so potent.

Your version would kill all the drama and make the denouement almost pedestrian.

Jor-El could be used based on the crystals that Lex has obtained. I mean, if the crystals can create continents, then Jor-El essence can exist within them. And it wouldn't make Superman passive, he is just in a bad way and needs help. And there is nothing wrong with making Lex look superior, atleast until the very end of the film. And if they would have wrote in that Jor-El had yet to "come" to Superman, a falling out so to speak, it would be even more dramtic when he appeared to save his son.

But then again, I didn't know they were using that footage in Donner' Superman 2 cut, so the point is moot. And another poster said the hospital scene is happening, now if that happens, and then he rises after being revived, then yes the scene will be very dramatic.

Yes, it would make Superman passive. Jor-El would be healing him instead of Superman making the effort to heal himself. And yes, there's something wrong with sacrificing Superman's heroic rise to power for the climax just to give Lex some extra cool points. Again, Lex STABS HIM, Throws him off a giant island of half-kryptonite.

Besides, there's no way Jor-El can pop out of the tainted fortress--because of the KRYPTONITE. it's a copy of a copy that's been diluted with radioactivity--even if Jor-El could be made to appear out of this perverted Fortress, whatever power there was would be just as equally tainted and would more than likely kill Superman anyway.

Logically, emotionally, symbolically, none of it works.

About the passive thing, I geuss it would really depend on how it was presented on screen. And I can't see why Kryptonite would harm an essence. And he wouldn't need to come from the tainted fortress, just the crystals.

venom420 said:

Why should he know that?

I kind of thought of it as Morbid at first but, then it hit me, Jor-El is dead and his recorded image is talking to Superman, in the movie Brando is dead but his recorded image is talking to Superman.:)

TheBat812 said:
Why should he know that?

Well, it seems as if Luthor knows everything else about Krypton and Superman, shouldn't he know where his great power, as Jor-El says, comes from.

venom420 said:
Well, it seems as if Luthor knows everything else about Krypton and Superman, shouldn't he know where his great power, as Jor-El says, comes from.
actually, remembering that Lex asks Jor-El to tell him everything, he would probably know. However, I still don't see what that actually does for Lex. Should he bury him or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"