"That is not my Mission"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
Wow, after watching "Blue", I'm surprised to see that Clark actually brought up the things past characters have told him about the "real" Jor el in terms of his personality and overall how good he was against the AI version in the FOS. Does anyone else think that the AI version of Jor el in the FOS is not really Jor el in a sense, where it has his memories but lacks his compassion? I wonder if Miles is actually planning on explaining why the AI version of Jor el has been so "stone cold" to Clark, yet everyone else who knew Jor el on a personal note says that he was nothing but a good man and just recently a "pacifist person" who would "never" sacrifice the life of a human or anyone else to achieve his goals.

Wow, after watching "Blue", I'm surprised to see that Clark actually brought up the things past characters have told him about the "real" Jor el in terms of his personality and overall how good he was against the AI version in the FOS. Does anyone else think that the AI version of Jor el in the FOS is not really Jor el in a sense, where it has his memories but lacks his compassion? I wonder if Miles is actually planning on explaining why the AI version of Jor el has been so "stone cold" to Clark, yet everyone else who knew Jor el on a personal note says that he was nothing but a good man and just recently a "pacifist person" who would "never" sacrifice the life of a human or anyone else to achieve his goals.

even pondering something like that aout this show is a waste of time... don't bother, the show will never get that complicated, as far as the explanation for how things work on the show. The show is not Star Trek, where things need to be explained... but it would be nice if it picked up some ST traits, and started defining the world a little more concretely

I posted a similar post in the "blue" discussion thread. I agree.

i must admit, i would like to see a scene like that

Wouldn't it be because its not actually Jor el, just an AI with his knowledge and memories with a specific mission for Clark? His parents are dead, its not really jor el he's dealing with. An AI can't really respond emotionally to Clark. And maybe Jor el knew Clark would get all the compassion and love he needed from the Kents and the AI is there to help him towards his destiny.

I bet that the AI version of Jor-El is actually:

The Eradicator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"