The Bryce Dallas Howard/Gwen Stacy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I mean, unfortunately you're quite a rarity in that regard.

You might think so but a lot of my friends also think certain chicks with a little extra weight are attractive. Bryce Dallas Howard looks great, even with the weight. I wouldn't mind if she kept the weight. :word:

Prefered her as Gwen's size myself, but I believe she had a baby a while back. I maybe wrong there. Don't really keep track of her like I do other actresses.

Yeah, she had a baby. I think it was back in Febuary, not sure. But I like that's she's gained weight. She just looks too cute!

That's probably why she's taking it easy of late, which I can't blame her on. The studios are likely going to want her to thin down again, when and if she comes back to do a role then again that could vary depending on the film.

Well, it would make the other films a complete waste. Why bother building up Peter and MJ's relationship if he's just going to end up with Gwen in the end? :oldrazz:

Same could be said for the comics. They built Gwen up for years...

Gwen is just brought in, I think so we can say we saw Gwen Stacy in a Spider-Man movie.

But i wonder if Bryce, knows that mayber her time is limited, if anytime in the future they feel like doing the Death of Gwen story.

I'm doubting the chances of a Death of Gwen Stacey storyline. The storylines have already been altered strictly for the film series. Besides we've already seen the semi-bridge tragedy except ending well with M.J.

If they stick with the same MJ character, I could see the Gwen character disappear entirely. I mean, if you're Peter, you probably don't want to be hanging around the girl with whom you tried to cheat on your current girlfriend.

When your girlfriend is as fugly as Kirstin, then I'd have to say yeah, you would.

More likely than not, Gwen will be in SM4. Bryce wants to do another Spider-Man movie, Raimi expressed interest in bringing her back, and Ziskin said that Gwen's role in SM3 was just meant to be her introduction to the series.

I want MJ to get killed off so Peter can marry Gwen but Peter & MJ should break up for good before MJ bites the dust so that he won't feel as bad as he would if she were still his girlfriend.

That's probably why she's taking it easy of late, which I can't blame her on. The studios are likely going to want her to thin down again, when and if she comes back to do a role then again that could vary depending on the film.

I don't want her to thin down....:oldrazz:

Personally I've liked her as Gwen. Prefer her with Gwen's look. That's my take.

Everyone's going to have their own take.

It is incontrovertibly known that bringing Gwen Stacy into this series this late was a huge mistake, one that could not be successful no matter how hard they could even try. Gwen is a now or never choice. In Part 1, Raimi chose to use MJ as the girlfriend, thus placing Stacy into the 'never' category. Years later, Raimi and the studio decide to backtrack and change their mind, now wanting Gwen. It seems to be like they only brought her in to please the comic book fans. No one else would possibly have cared if she wasn't in this film.

Peter Parker was suppose to love Gwen Stacy in part 1. Completely fall head over heels for her. Her death would mean just as much to him as Uncle Ben's. But let's look at the convoluted web we're stuck in now. In The Spider-Man universe according to the gospel of Raimi and Arad, MJ is the only girl Peter has ever loved. Once they break up, he still loves her, and he wants her back. So Peter simply meets this blonde girl named Gwen Stacy and takes her to a jazz club one night just to make MJ jealous.

Where does Gwen Stacy honestly come into the story as of this series? What could they possibly do with her? Kill her off? It won't even be by the Goblin, and would the death of one character that Peter has known for only a few weeks and doesn't even love, really going to affect him? They can kill her off, but there's not a single bit of emotional investment in the character so it means nothing. They can keep her living in the series, but it completely defeats the purpose that is "Gwen Stacy."

As I said, Stacy is a now or never choice. In 2002, they didn't introduce her, so they never should have.

I want MJ to get killed off so Peter can marry Gwen but Peter & MJ should break up for good before MJ bites the dust so that he won't feel as bad as he would if she were still his girlfriend.

:up:

Though I'd like to have them still together like Gwen and Peter from the comics. Makes more of an emotional impact.

Woo, a 5 years old thread but:
After i watched the new Spider-Man movie a second time it's ironic for me that the "other love interesst" aka Gwen Stacy has a much tighter integration to the story of Spider-Man 3 than the lead female character of The Amazing Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"