The Bryce Dallas Howard/Gwen Stacy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish they would showed the scence where Captain stacy and his daughter gwen finds out the spidey stole money, Captain stacy gets furious and he also tells gwen, whey would spider man do that ,especilly after his daughter gave him the key to the city

The thing is the elements had to be crucial to the story and the film really didn't focus all that much on Gwen. It was meant to focus more on Peter/M.J. since their the key components to the series.

but we just got way too much peter/mj screentime than spider man :(

That's the way Raimi focused the series. Personally I was hoping for the chance to step away from it since Dunst seemed to be so eager to want out of the next one. Then again, Toby seems to have the same approach lately.

movie shouldv'e been called Spider-Man 3: The 10 minute Rise and fall of Eddie Brock

An old complaint but a good way. At the rate Raimi is going we'll have the Sinister Six soon enough.

im sick and tired of raimi, he should only do low budget movies like the Grudge

Ah, I wouldn't knock him. He's done some great movies over his career and he'll continue to. If anything he'll be attached to the series for a long time to come.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

He's said as such in interviews. He's questioning the directing chair at the moment, but he'll be on as a producer since he defined the series.

producer is fine , because raimi's last spidey film just had boring action.

Producing basically means he's going to help in scripting it, choosing the director and casting with Sony. Just like the first. But unlike the X-Men series, Sony will likely take their time if it comes down to a replacement director.

I've always found Raimi to be great even if he did rush the last one a bit. I think on this one he wanted the series to go out on a big note and it did, but it's the studio that demanded more sequels. So the door always has to be kept open. Besides Raimi's suited for comic book material. Same for horror and suspense.

That's the reason for fan films. Besides I don't think you're going to find anyone that's more of a fanboy then Sam Raimi (I could be wrong).

Raimi wasn't even a fan of venom which pissed me off and a lot of fanboys/girls

Well, he's not going to be a fan of every character. To be a fanboy you just have to be a fan of the character, not the whole Verse.

ya but a huge majority of spidey fans love venom, raimi certainly wasn't one of them, which sucks

ya but a huge majority of spidey fans love venom, raimi certainly wasn't one of them, which sucks

I think Raimi's biggest problem was trying to get too much into the last film and in effort to ATTEMPT to please fans with Venom in play, he killed him off early on, although their maybe a way to bring him back at some point. I just don't expect it to be Eddie Brock.

Doctor Connor's still has a piece of the symbiote intact.

i agree on that too, 3 villains in one movie was just a bad idea

I've had this discussion with my friend's and co-writers countless times and that three villains to one odds (yeah, still count Harry, even if he does change in the first act) but if they would have just held Venom out until the fourth film, his impact could have been that much more impacting on Peter's life.

Besides it would have been a nice dividing line between himself and Mary Jane for a bit. Either that or bring them closer together.

i strongly agree with you, if raimi was smart he could of made so much more money in SM4 if venom was kept alive

I have little doubt that he won't touch Carnage, but that's nothing new in regard to Raimi's plans.

Venom more or less felt like Galcutas in the Fantastic Four 4 sequel. Rushed and just scattered about with a slap to the face.

pretty much, and yea i say the next villains will be carnage and lizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"