Bumblebee The Bumblebee Spin-Off Official Thread

I have a feeling this will be about him becoming Goldbug

Borys Kit‏ @Borys_Kit

Breaking: KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS director Travis Knight in talks to direct TRANSFORMERS spin-off BUMBLEBEE.

For BUMBLEBEE, Travis Knight beat out contenders Jaume Collet-Sera, Rick Famuyiwa, Seth Gordon, and the Nee Brothers, according to sources.

So looks like we have a director, interesting, not seen anything he has done so far.

i hope at cinemacon or wondercon we get some news for it

I just don't know how this is going to work when they won't let him talk or really have a character of his own. What the hell is a Bumblebee solo movie even going to look or sound like?

For me the none talking gimmick is done now. I think his personality does come across without it but i hope he gets his back soon.

If, as i suspect, he gets turned into Goldbug in the movie, then they need to give him his voice back.

They aren't going to turn him into Goldbug. Bumblebee is too popular as Bumblebee.

Oh I wouldn't be too sure, the toy sales alone may prove worth it, kids wanting a shiny new Bumblebee and all that

JoBlo:
THE TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE SPINOFF IS A PREQUEL, AND MAY BEGIN FILMING SOON

When I first heard prequel I thought it would show us the time just before AoE starts where Optimus is missing and Bumblebee is leading the Autobots, now it seems they are going a lot earlier, even before he gets to Earth.

that what i hope to see more from them on the old cybertron but how would be look alike just like a colorless robot

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/05/21/empire-magazine-article-transformers-cinematic-universe-339299

According to an Empire article, the Bumblebee movie will be set during the 1980s and will likely be more kid-friendly/oriented than the rest of the Transformers movies.

Personally I'm half-onboard with this, and even kind of excited, I hope they're going for a fun retro 80s adventure with a cool soundtrack and nostalgic references. I actually walked out the theater after seeing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 thinking to myself 'I wish the Transformers movies were like that, I wish the Transformers movies were that much fun.' I'm a huge fan of the Transformers franchise, but the movies have turned me off big time. My only concern about the Bumblebee movie is Paramount (who aren't making the smartest decisions recently) and Michael Bay still being the producer. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

So Hailee Steinfeld might be in this movie? Now I have to watch it because I'm starving for her get it? :p

So Hailee Steinfeld might be in this movie? Now I have to watch it because I'm starving for her get it? :p

I just heard. So a talented actress in the lead role, set during arguably the funnest and most appropriate era for a Transformers movie, being made by a talented director with minimal Bay influence and an entire writers room coming up with the story? From the looks of it there's no way this could fail. I've got my fingers and toes crossed that this will actually be a Transformers film worth watching.

Just give me a cool 80s soundtrack (no Linkin Park in sight, thank you very much), and a reference to Soundwave's original cassette deck mode and I'll be firmly planted in a seat on opening night.

Saw the first film again and remembered that Bee was already on Earth before Optimus and crew joined him. I did not know he has been around since the 80s and had his own little adventure. I wonder if Sector 7 will make a return in this.

80's setting? Interesting. Steinfield starring? Very interesting. I wonder if other TF's are going to be in this then? We know Bumblebee was on earth before the other Autobots, but the Deceptions might have been there for a while.

I wonder who the villain will be?

80's setting? Interesting. Steinfield starring? Very interesting. I wonder if other TF's are going to be in this then? We know Bumblebee was on earth before the other Autobots, but the Deceptions might have been there for a while.

I wonder who the villain will be?

I believe they said a while back that there wouldn't be many other Transformers besides Bee appearing in this movie, if any.

If that's the case, I don't know how the'll handle a villain. If there is a villain, I would like it to be Soundwave (provided they redesign him and do something cooler with him than they've done in the existing sequels). Supposedly he's been on Earth for a while, since the 70s.

I believe they said a while back that there wouldn't be many other Transformers besides Bee appearing in this movie, if any.

If that's the case, I don't know how the'll handle a villain. If there is a villain, I would like it to be Soundwave (provided they redesign him and do something cooler with him than they've done in the existing sequels). Supposedly he's been on Earth for a while, since the 70s.

BB as the only TF sounds interesting on paper. But he needs a villain to face. Him fighting against a human wouldn't be that visually interesting IMO.

BB as the only TF sounds interesting on paper. But he needs a villain to face. Him fighting against a human wouldn't be that visually interesting IMO.

I agree, I really, really don't want a human villain, please no Sector 7 or anything. There's always a chance that this movie won't be action oriented at all, but I think that's highly unlikely. I'd venture to say there will be a single Decepticon that serves as a villain.

I could have pictured this as being the current animated show translated to the big screen.

Had no idea he'd be the only Transformer...sounds more like The Iron Giant

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"