Beast Wars Is Reportedly One of the Two Transformers Spinoffs in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
‘Beast Wars’ Is Reportedly One of the Two ‘Transformers’ Spinoffs in the Works
Beast-Wars-Transformers.jpg

A Transformers: Beast Wars movie is in the works. Following the release of 2018's Bumblebee, Paramount Pictures and Hasbro have put two new Transformers movies in development, and one of them is going to be based on the iconic 90s spin-off. For the time being, few details are available, but this shows that the studio is looking to expand the scope of the franchise on the big screen as they look ahead to the future.

According to a new report, James Vanderbilt has been hired to pen the screenplay for the Beast Wars movie. No plot details have been revealed at this time, but it's said that he's been working on the project since April, which means a draft could already be well underway. There is no director attached currently and it isn't clear which characters will appear. In any event, this could serve as welcome news for those who grew up with this version of the franchise in the 90s.

James Vanderbilt has written several major franchise flicks in the past, including The Amazing Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Independence Day: Resurgence. Some of his other credits include The Rundown, The Losers and White House Down. Perhaps his most noteworthy credit is David Fincher's highly-acclaimed 2007 crime drama Zodiac. Regardless of what one may think of some of those movies, Vanderbilt knows his way around both blockbusters and adaptations.

Too bad Bumblebee didn’t do as big as they wanted. Would’ve loved to see more movies set in the 80s.

I thought that show was fun, and I really like the Gameboy game.

Ah, nice.

I assumed this next film was going to be a complete reboot from Bay's films, but I guess more spin-off than anything. I assume this will be a world already familiar with Transformers and all that.

It's a bad title. Just call it Beast Wars or something better. Is this going to be live action? This movie is coming out next summer.

Beast Wars was really the only exposure I had to Transformers as a kid. The other stuff was before my time, but I loved Beast Wars. One of the Cheetor actions figures was one of my favorites. I'm curious to see how this turns out. I hope they don't **** this up. If this is on Earth, I'd like to see this with less humans.

The film is set in 1994, which places it on the timeline between Bumblebee and the Michael Bay films, both of which are canon. In terms of size and scope though, the producer promised Rise of the Beasts will have a spectacle closer to that of the earlier Bay films, but hopefully with the heart of Bumblebee. The main locations are Brooklyn, New York and Peru where they are filming at Machu Picchu. Both Ramos and Fishback are from Brooklyn so they were excited the film was set there and, in very authentic New York fashion, both don’t have driver’s licenses and had to get them for this movie. (Ramos also grew up a Beast Wars fan and said he threw the script across the room when he realized that’s what this film was doing.)

But what about the robots? Well, there will be Autobots. There will be a few Decepticons. And it being Beast Wars, there will be Maximals, Predacons, and even Terrorcons. However the main robot character will, indeed be Optimus Prime, voiced by Peter Cullen, complete with a new hybrid G1 Michael Bay look. Bumblebee will be back, though this time he’s more an off-road Camaro. Mirage will join the Autobots, transforming into a Porsche 911, and Arcee will be joining the team as a Ducati. Nightbird is also a new addition, and she transformers into a Nissan GTR.

Transformers 7 Is Subtitled "Rise of the Beasts"

Also, if they don’t bring David Kaye and Gary Chalk back as Primal and BW Megatron, that will suck!

The film is set in 1994, which places it on the timeline between Bumblebee and the Michael Bay films, both of which are canon.

Oh, this'll get messy X-Men style lol

But I like Creed II a hell of a lot, so I'm rooting for this director.

About damn time with Beast Wars stuff. I wonder a stand-alone live-action Beast Wars project will continue as a spin-off from this upcoming film?

That all sounds lame to me. It sounds like Bay's movies. I wish this just took place millions of years ago with no humans. There will be Primal and Prime? Why not just have Primal? Just sounds like they're trying to adhere to continuity too much with their universe and are trying to have their cake and eat it too. Part of Beast Wars appeal was it being ancient. Putting it in modern era with more humans doesn't really distinguish this much from the Pay films.

That all sounds lame to me. It sounds like Bay's movies. I wish this just took place millions of years ago with no humans. There will be Primal and Prime? Why not just have Primal? Just sounds like they're trying to adhere to continuity too much with their universe and are trying to have their cake and eat it too. Part of Beast Wars appeal was it being ancient. Putting it in modern era with more humans doesn't really distinguish this much from the Pay films.

It could end up like The Last Knight. We can do WW2 Transformers, no wait, medieval times Transformers! No wait, UNICRON!

A lot of things going on.

Hypeeeeeee as ****. Love Beast Wars so much. And I find this franchise fun. I’m in.

Excited for this, but I don't know why Paramount keeps insisting this and Bumblebee tie back to Bayfomers. They clearly don't and everyone involved on these newer movies KNOWS they aren't. It feels like a weird attempt at saving face.

Why havent they rebooted this franchise?
They tried somewhat Bumblebee. That was actually a good movie with faithful designs and nailed the “kid and his her car” story they tried and failed at with the first Transformers. I agree they need a clean reboot at this point.

Is Spielberg still a producer on this? I think for the sequels he just let Bay run wild, but it was his idea for the car and his boy idea for the first one, and I think a girl and her car for Bumblebee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"