Beast Wars Is Reportedly One of the Two Transformers Spinoffs in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me, cause I don't understand still...

Is this supposed to be a prequel to the Bay films, a sequel to the Bumblebee film (which arguably is a soft reboot), or an entirely other reboot?

First and second. Though I'm treating this and Bumblebee as full-on reboots even if it includes Sector Seven and such. They've already broken continuity.

I had hoped Bumblebee would reset the Bay timeline cause those stories were rather poorly executed.

I wonder whether they're going to explain away the beasts at the end of this film, cause they obviously weren't in the Bay sequels.

It’s hard to say, because both Caple Jr. and Lorenzo seem to offer contradictory statements on if this is tied to the Michael Bay films as well.

Can’t see this being tied to the previous films as the Autobots arrived much earlier on Earth in Bumblebee than Transformers 07. Can’t say for certain, as the continuity seems confusing.

WTF is Bay doing back on a Transformers movie set? I thought he bailed ages ago. And he's not even directing this!

This is me right now:

Is this supposed to be a prequel to the Bay films, a sequel to the Bumblebee film (which arguably is a soft reboot), or an entirely other reboot?

Think of it like the X-Men franchise. Some things fit. Some things don't. They get to pick and choose with a loose continuity into the past.

It's a direct sequel to Bumblebee. That's 100% confirmed by now. Ignore Lorenzo the Cobra Hater. That guy's a hack who's clearly in it for the money and is only saying "it's gonna tie back to the Bay movies" to kiss the asses of those in the fandom that enjoy those for whatever reasons. After what happened with Snake Eyes losing money, I get the feeling Hasbro's dead set now on overriding him and/or just plain sacking him.

E77077A8-1E90-4F7C-ABE2-F397BE95424A.png

25C5ACCD-0158-46BE-A54A-D6739FC570DC.jpeg

The truck for Scourge looks really cool with the insignias for Autobots, Decepticons, and a Maximal on the rig. Shoutout to TFW2005 for noticing.

Last edited:
It’s hard to say, because both Caple Jr. and Lorenzo seem to offer contradictory statements on if this is tied to the Michael Bay films as well.

Can’t see this being tied to the previous films as the Autobots arrived much earlier on Earth in Bumblebee than Transformers 07. Can’t say for certain, as the continuity seems confusing.

Pretty much this. Lorenzo DiBonaventura can't seem to even offer a straight answer any time he gives an interview anyway.

Also, let's not forget they had the Knights of Iacon helping out King Arthur and Bumblebee fighting Nazis in WWII.

My understanding is they are keeping these as period pieces because they don't want to run up against the Michael Bay films. I think DiBonaventura is still hopeful they will continue them some day, but I hope that never happens.

Pretty much this. Lorenzo DiBonaventura can't seem to even offer a straight answer any time he gives an interview anyway.

Also, let's not forget they had the Knights of Iacon helping out King Arthur and Bumblebee fighting Nazis in WWII.

My understanding is they are keeping these as period pieces because they don't want to run up against the Michael Bay films. I think DiBonaventura is still hopeful they will continue them some day, but I hope that never happens.
They're never bringing Bay back as director. Not after Last Knight flopped so badly. People got really tired of what he did to Transformers and they'll definitely override his movies eventually. Especially after Shia LaDouche ruined his own career and life meanwhile. We have more standards regarding handling franchises than we did in 2007. Lorenzo needs to deal with that and let Transformers move on.

Plus, Bumblebee only "flopped" because it was released in a VERY crowded holiday movie season back in 2018 with no breathing room. Hasbro and Paramount are clearly taking that into account. They know people loved that movie and want more like that and less like Bay and his crappy humor and treating Optimus Prime as a violent brute.

They're never bringing Bay back as director. Not after Last Knight flopped so badly. People got really tired of what he did to Transformers and they'll definitely override his movies eventually. Especially after Shia LaDouche ruined his own career and life meanwhile. We have more standards regarding handling franchises than we did in 2007. Lorenzo needs to deal with that and let Transformers move on.

Plus, Bumblebee only "flopped" because it was released in a VERY crowded holiday movie season back in 2018 with no breathing room. Hasbro and Paramount are clearly taking that into account. They know people loved that movie and want more like that and less like Bay and his crappy humor and treating Optimus Prime as a violent brute.

You never know. DiBonaventura still has a lot sway and control over these franchises saldy.

You never know. DiBonaventura still has a lot sway and control over these franchises saldy.
And yet how much money did Paramount lose over Snake Eyes, which HE was in charge of? The guy who not only said he hated GI Joe but also though Cobra was a dumb villain group.

The roster in the pics:
Optimus
Bumblebee
Wheeljack (The Volkswagen Van)
Arcee
Mirage

Terrorcons:
Scourge
Nightbird
Tow Truck (Not sure who that could be)

Plus, we have Primal, Rhinox, Airazor, and Cheetor on the Maximal side.

Want to know who represents the Predacon faction.

Also seems like the film won’t be pushed back to December 2022!

55A03095-3F05-4A4E-9A6F-EE6643EDFEAA.jpeg

I honestly hope and pray this is a reboot and follows bumblebee and ditches the crap bay films. I enjoyed the first one and it got me into the transformers but they were terrible to me afterwards.

I’m hoping we see an optimus who isn’t an overpowered killer.

Still worried they’re juggling too much with various factions and humans.

Vehicles are pretty awesome, though!

Still worried they’re juggling too much with various factions and humans.

Vehicles are pretty awesome, though!

3 hour movie?

I don't know how they do that without a lot of those characters getting the short thrift and the robots continually being just big walking gimmicks without real personality, depth or character agency of their own.

3 hour movie?

I don't know how they do that without a lot of those characters getting the short thrift and the robots continually being just big walking gimmicks without real personality, depth or character agency of their own.

The film so far is an amalgamation of the Bumblebee 2 and BW scripts they had competing against each other, plus it also feels like they made that Optimus Prime spin-off happen in this film too.

Other worrying factors include the fact that the film has four writers for each act, plus Joby Harold who did the story. Plus, Caple Jr. has never done a film on this scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"