Arrow The Caity Lotz/Black Canary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Caity Lotz pulls a felicity and the writers decide to keep her as Canary, and in the process make Laurel fall down a flight of stairs and dies..... Slowly. Oh and is it just me or does Laurel always look like she is going to burst into tears at any given moment, I mean come on, we don't need that in Black Canary.

Oh and is it just me or does Laurel always look like she is going to burst into tears at any given moment, I mean come on, we don't need that in Black Canary.

Yes, she does. It's one of the things I don't like about her. Every time she confronts someone, and gets her serious and drama on, it always seems like she tries to contain her emotions, as if she's about to lose it at any given moment.

Last edited:
^ exactly. I've only seen a few seconds of Caity lotz as canary but, she looks already a thousand times better than laurel.

Honestly, they could and SHOULD have introduced Black Canary much later on, with Laurel still having been her and spare the character of such a angst filled history with Oliver before she had a chance to make herself well liked by a lot of people first.

Honestly, they could and SHOULD have introduced Black Canary much later on, with Laurel still having been her and spare the character of such a angst filled history with Oliver before she had a chance to make herself well liked by a lot of people first.

Yeah, they should have introduced her later on, already as the canary, just not the same actress, with Caity lotz instead.

Black Canary looks fantastic. The domino mask kind of looks like Robin's from Batman Forever
I immediately thought that as well. Still love her look though. Bring on next week! :up:

I'd rather see Black Canary sooner rather than later.

Well that sooner will be next week.

It looks as if we might be seeing the Canary Cry sooner rather than later, if 0:14-15 on the extended promo for "Broken Dolls" is anything to go by.

I can't wait to meet the Canary next week. I'm glad they hired an actress that can do her own stunts. Plus it's much more awesome to see the actor/actress doing the fighting rather then a faceless stunt double. Which is what we'd have with Laurel as the Canary. And with what they revealed about the Canary's back story already I don't even see how it's possible to have Laurel catch up to her caliber.

I'm hoping Caity Lotz can act so she can stay as the Canary. She looks like someone that can keep up with Oliver or even be better than him. This is pretty much the perfect role for the actress.

And I agree looks can be deceiving (besides that pic of CL in her new movie) in other pics of her she doesn't look like someone with martial arts skills. But you can see the muscle tone when she's b-girling or tricking. KC is fit but she doesn't have the muscle tone to pull off being a master level martial artist and like I said she wouldn't be doing any of the fighting anyway. We see her stunt double doing everything.

Last edited:
Just because someone doesn't look like a fighter doesn't mean that they aren't one.

And in Katie Cassidy's case, just because someone looks like an actress doesn't mean that they are one. :hehe:

I thought she did quite well in Supernatural. I think that the writing is the problem here.

I don't even like her character on Supernatural. I admit, I haven't watched it, but going by all the clips people post of her, trying to convince us that she has the acting chops, all I see is a b****y demon. And constantly b****y is not a quality I'm looking for in Black Canary.

She'd be as unlikable as the Canary, as Alaina Huffman was on Smallville.

Just because someone doesn't look like a fighter doesn't mean that they aren't one.

Caity Lotz doesn't look like someone that could kick ass in most of her pics. My Muay Thai instructor is 5'5" but his stomach is as hard as a rock. So size doesn't matter but someone that's a master level martial artist will have amazing muscle tone.

caity-lotz.jpg

You need muscle tone to be a fighter, Katie Cassidy while in good shape doesn't have that. Plus she wouldn't be doing the fight scenes her stunt double would. At least with Caity Lotz she'd be the one doing the fight scenes so they would look more authentic. For the physicality of the role of Black Canary, Caity Lotz is perfect for it. She's hot and has martial arts training.

Last edited:
^ Well, she already looks hotter than Katie Cassidy in that photo. Keep her as the only BC I say.

We can only hope that they decide to keep Caity Lotz as BC, instead of giving the mantle to 'shudder' Laurel. Imma go watch Caity on YouTube.

We can only hope that they decide to keep Caity Lotz as BC, instead of giving the mantle to 'shudder' Laurel. Imma go watch Caity on YouTube.

Was just watching her.

Here are some:

[YT]ACP7Gl8WkPk[/YT]

[YT]QP02lfoCZ0c[/YT]

[YT]il5ERKR7QtI[/YT]

Was just watching her.

Here are some:

[YT]ACP7Gl8WkPk[/YT]

[YT]QP02lfoCZ0c[/YT]

[YT]il5ERKR7QtI[/YT]

Man, I can't wait for the next episode. Also CL's face look all natural but KC's face looks like she has regular Botox injections. Slightly of topic but man does CL have a nice butt.

I swear, after someone (don't remember who) had an autocorrect on his phone turn her into Cavity Lotz, I keep thinking that is her actual name.

Maybe there's another actress named Fillings Plenty. :p

I swear, after someone (don't remember who) had an autocorrect on his phone turn her into Cavity Lotz, I keep thinking that is her actual name.

Maybe there's another actress named Fillings Plenty. :p

Yeah that was me ;)

In the extended promo for "Broken Doll" they show Black Canary holed up in a rundown clocktower :up:

In the extended promo for "Broken Doll" they show Black Canary holed up in a rundown clocktower :up:

I saw that. So they've kind of set up a Birds of Prey hint. So again, who needs Laurel when we have a Black Canary already.

So what are the chances that laurel will become BC in this season or next? Obviously I want her to die but the writers keep on insisting she will become BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"