Venom The Carnage thread

I'm guessing that Venom will get a director's cut on DVD and have a similar treatment to "The Wolverine"

I think you might be kidding yourself there. I doubt they would actually spend extra money on cgi just for a dvd. Not do I think they would have already spent money on completed scenes that were never going in the theatrical cut.

I think you might be kidding yourself there. I doubt they would actually spend extra money on cgi just for a dvd. Not do I think they would have already spent money on completed scenes that were never going in the theatrical cut.

I wouldn't write it off. It gives Sony something to sell is in like, 2 years when Venom 2 comes out. Sell us this version on home media/digital. Then force us to double dip. It's extra money in their pocket.

It took me 5 seconds to realize Woody Harrelson :funny:

I don't know why but he looks ridicilous more than intimidating :funny: doesn't fit Carnage at all IMO.

Someone like Javier Bardem with lesser weight would be a perfect casting IMO.

I was thinking how they will make Carnage different and distinct from Riot...

1. Make Carnage the Symbiote version of Heath Ledger’s Joker.

2. Make Carnage a Fun character with a twisted dark sense of humour like Deadpool but still retain his psychosis so that the audience is fighting in their minds whether they like Carnage but he’s just too crazy but still likeable but still too evil lol

3. Better CG animation. Make him comic book accurate like Venom.

4. Give Woody Harrelson full reign to be as crazy as possible.. I’m talkin Mickey and Mallory but also Nicolas Cage overacting and Heath Ledger. Could be an Oscar worthy performance but we will see...

Just watched Venom tonight. That wig... Wow. AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I think they couldve left Harrelson without hair and it wouldve been just fine. He looked like Ronald McDonald.

Hoping Carnage looks like this in the sequel.il_570xN.1684952814_5r76.jpg il_570xN.1732420667_lv8b.jpg

Carnage never had a tongue so I hope they don’t give him that

Why is this thread so lifeless? The movie comes out soon (at least for now because of this whole pandemic)

So anyways, how do you think Carnage will look? Red and black or all-red? Tom Hardy seems to be uploading a bunch of pictures of Venom and Carnage, and Carnage is all-red with white teeth in all of them.

Judging from Tom Hardy's posts on Instagram and the all-red weapon arm prop, I feel like Carnage might be all-red with black veins. 25/25/50 chance on whether his teeth are red, black, or white.

I hope he is closer to his 90s design.

Welp, the release date's been pushed back to June 25, 2021. I don't wanna torture myself with the prospect of this quarantine thing possibly going into September so I'll try not to think about that until we get to that point. That being said, it might give them more time to polish everything up on the movie if they wanted to.

Certainly gives them more time to work something out with Tom Holland if the goal is to give him a cameo in the movie as well. My guess is reshoots for the movie aren't done yet and they don't know when they can do them.

If we're getting the 90s design, I think this might be the best way to go about it. I'm leaning more towards the first three right now, just with more tendrils.

Screenshot_20200420-190023.png Screenshot_20200420-190100.png Screenshot_20200420-190006.png Screenshot_20200421-131711.png Screenshot_20200421-131629.png Screenshot_20200421-131656.png

I'm just glad we're not getting the black hands and feet. I really don't care for that look

Agreed. You still need to introduce this version of Brock/Venom. That should obviously dominate the majority of screen time. I think it would be way too much to do the Venom origin and essentially the Cassidy/Carnage 'origin' in the same movie. Saving him for part II with a tease at the end of 1 is perfect imo.

But yeah, unfortunately Riot seems to be extremely similar, at least visually and ability-wise. The only ways they may be able to really differentiate the 2 now is to focus heavily on the Cassidy/Harrelson side of things, as a person, and then just have his motives/intentions as Carnage be different. In this first film Riot may only be interested in killing Brock or some other narrow focus, whereas Carnage can just be a psychopathic killing machine
That's pretty much the way it is in the comics anyways, so I really do think they should do the same here. Kasady very much seems dominant over the symbiote, unlike Eddie working with HIS symbiote like a team. Keep Kasady and the symbiote's interactions to a bare minimum.

More cool possible designs, although the first one seems to fit the aesthetic betterf9f482b~2.jpg flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Why is this thread so lifeless? The movie comes out soon (at least for now because of this whole pandemic)

I've been wondering the same thing! I keep coming here after realizing "sh*t! I haven't checked the forum in weeks/months!" and there's literally like 3 new posts... lol

It's sad :'( I understand there might not be crazyy hype for this movie, but I miss the days when there would be pages and pages of new posts a day for pretty much any/every CBM :(

Minus the missing spider-emblem, I still realyyy love the design/cgi/visuals of Venom from the first one :up:
Screenshot_20200501-105614.png This could also be a possible design

Minus the missing spider-emblem, I still realyyy love the design/cgi/visuals of Venom from the first one :up:
Since they made Venom himself look so cool, I trust what they're doing with Carnage visually. The first one without the Knull symbol could be interesting. The second one seems very likely as well
Screenshot_20200506-194714.png Screenshot_20200424-134124.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"