The Catwoman/Selina Kyle Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, who to play who i believe is Bruce's true love Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman)?

after watching 300:Rise of an Empire, i would LOVE to have Eva Green play that role :hrt:

9342-1.jpg

600full-eva-green.jpg

evagreen3.jpg

I believe Felicity Jones was indeed already suggested, but kudos to John Locke for at least trying to bring up someone new. :p

Anyway, I can see the reasoning behind the choice quite clearly, and she is not that young as some are making her out to be (she is 32), the thing is though - she appears too young. She doesn't look like she is 32 in a least.

The only way to suggest someone new is by travelling to a galaxy, far, far away :D

A Catwoman that is at least close in age with Affleck would make much more sense which is why I went with Gugino, Beckinsale, Theron or even Jolie

I think Catwoman needs to at least be in her mid to late thirties

And if she is in her mid to late 30s then Eva Green would be the best choice

Hey you shouldn't be surprised. Call it a "side effect" of the pathetic relative lack of cool female action/genre films/characters. When the established "known" talent is relatively small, people are just naturally going to gravitate towards them.

Also I tend to get pretty cynical whenever some in fandom do the whole "they're too obvious, how about some outside the box choices" thing. Because most of the time, when they DO end up casting "outside of the box" choices, fandom then turns around and complains long and loudly about how "they're not right for the role" and then precedes to suggest more "obvious" choices as alternatives.

Oh, I'm not surprised, it's just that I hoped to hear some fresh ideas, as we've been repeating same names for a while now. Of which I am partially to blame, I admit.

It's kinda hard to believe we can't come up with some new names to consider, you know? Where are all the mid-thirties to mid-forties actresses? Perhaps you're right that it's due to us gravitating mostly to known stars from certain flicks.

Partly there's the fact that whenever a different actress is mentioned, say Jessica Chastain or Naomie Harris, the discussions goes back to petty arguments. ("she's a redhead", "she's black", "we've never seen any proof she could pull it off", etc.)

My 2 left field choices are Eva Mendes and Génesis Rodríguez.

Eva Mendes believe it or not she is an outside the box pick but I can see her as Selina Kyle/Catwoman to Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne/Batman...now that I think about it Eva Mendes is perfect

So much for that little game.

Go away casting police! Charlize and Jolie would both be too amazing. They are the perfect age, they have the look and the chops. I'm fine with other options, but I haven't seen any other suggestions that come close

Well Jolie lately she isn't the same actress that she used to be or should I say the same sex symbol she used to be well because of the cancer through no fault of her own but at the same time though Angelina Jolie is probably too big a name for the DCEU especially for this role but she still has the age and acting chops but I would definitely go with Charlize then even though she too is a big name but at the same time she and Affleck have more of a chemistry than he could have with Angelina especially since Charlize and Ben were in a movie before with each other that being Reindeer Games

I simply don't think Jolie is particularly gifted, or even competent in many of her roles. She did very well as Hollywood's reigning sex bomb for a while, but that has long since faded. And she is so irritating as a personality.

Exactly why Jolie probably won't be cast...Theron would probably be more than likely

Go away casting police! Charlize and Jolie would both be too amazing. They are the perfect age, they have the look and the chops. I'm fine with other options, but I haven't seen any other suggestions that come close

This is the first time someone called me a police in any context. :funny:

Anyway, you completely missed the point of my post. Theron would indeed be good (Jolie would be terrible), but it's not quality or even personal preferences when it comes to aforementioned actresses I was talking about, but the repetitiveness of same old names. What's the point of coming here to ceaselessly mention same two actresses over and over again? It's not really contributing to this thread now, is it?

What you did in this post is what has been going on in this thread for a while. A suggestion we heard so many times before, followed by the reasoning we heard, ahem, so many times before.

This is the first time someone called me a police in any context. :funny:

Anyway, you completely missed the point of my post. Theron would indeed be good (Jolie would be terrible), but it's not quality or even personal preferences when it comes to aforementioned actresses I was talking about, but the repetitiveness of same old names. What's the point of coming here to ceaselessly mention same two actresses over and over again? It's not really contributing to this thread now, is it?

What you did in this post is what has been going on in this thread for a while. A suggestion we heard so many times before, followed by the reasoning we heard, ahem, so many times before.
Keep complaining about it, it's not annoying

Christina Hendricks, Paula Patton, Diane Kruger, Natalie Dormer, Rosamund Pike, Emily Blunt, Carla Gugino

I'd be fine with any of them as Catwoman

It's not annoying per se, it is, however, starting to make this thread rather pointless.

Amy Bailey, Lana Parilla, Shannym Sossamon, Priyanka Chopra or Emily Blunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"