Sequels The Cheetah Thread

If I can't have Charlize Theron as Selina Kyle, she would make a great Cheetah.

Why is Charlize Theron being fancast for every comic book role under the sun? I get that people find her attractive and that she can act but that doesn't mean she is good for the character.

We have a very small reference pool when it comes to fancasting.

Why is Charlize Theron being fancast for every comic book role under the sun? I get that people find her attractive and that she can act but that doesn't mean she is good for the character.

because she ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuules:mnm:

Patty Jenkins directed Charlize to an Oscar win in Jenkins' only other feature. Charlize is actually from Africa. She has experience playing villains and is able to look pretty and evil at the same time. She would look amazingly sexy in leopard skin. With the new Atomic Blonde, she is now at the top tier of female action stars. And she has not yet played any role in a superhero movie (Atomic Blonde is from a comic book, but not the superhero genre). Charlize is absolutely the perfect choice to play Cheetah.

Charlize is a perfect suggestion. She was the best part of those Snow White movies and I had forgotten she worked with Patty before. Gosh people here are so clever!

And after reading more about Cheetah, Charlize can also definitely pull off playing the upper-class, aristocrat angle of her. Obviously she pulled off playing a queen just fine in Snow White.

I'm sure just like with Wonder Woman herself, the film adaptation would merge together the best aspects of all the different versions of the Cheetah character. The idea of an aristocrat greedily hunting down gems in Africa and slaughtering innocents along the way, then succumbing to the cheetah curse either as a punishment or as a quest for power sounds like a nice, compact film origin for her. Then, she could be hunting down the legend of Themyscira and all of its treasures as a way to start targeting Diana. The idea of a human treasure-hunter merging with the greatest hunter among the animals is a nice concept that should work to establish her character well on film. I could imagine her in some Werewolf-like scenarios, where as she tries to befriend Diana in human form, dead bodies keep showing up overnight wherever she is, as her blood lust leads her to "Cheetah out" and make some fresh kills in the dark of night.

EDIT:
Also, since Charlize has that baby face, she can play the "nice" Cheetah who tries to charm her way into Wonder Woman's world and still have the range to turn dark later.

Here are some shots of Charlize that are the most Cheetah-like I could find...

1556998-charlize-theron-a-hong-kong-pour-950x0-2.jpg

19122c89e4c600b266f3ffc551c41c75

EDIT:
And now my custom paint job. I don't know how to change her skin color but I know how to draw black dots, apparently:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from seeing Baywatch and the lead villain, Priyanka Chopra was amazing in it and so good at being sinister. She's another interesting option. I'm sure she could play feline and animalistic well.

Plus she recently said she wants to play Batgirl but I don't think she's a good fit for that. I think she would be great in the DCU though

I was thinking Emily Blunt or Rosamund Pike myself (although Charlize could work as well). And when she's written well, Cheetah is a really cool villain, and a serious physical threat to WW as well.

I feel like Rosamund Pike would be a better fit over Charlize.

Because she is THAT good for these roles. I will continue to fancast her until she is cast as someone in the DCEU and is off limits for other characters.

Fortunately we may see plenty of top-quality actresses lining up to take this part.

Fortunately we may see plenty of top-quality actresses lining up to take this part.

Yep, going by the response Wonder Woman is getting, they're going to be lining up to be in the sequel.

Naked Charlize Theron pics are always appreciated.

Sofia Boutella would be my top choice for Cheetah but Charlize Theron would also work! I honestly just can't wait to see Cheetah on the big screen!!

Gazelle playing Cheetah?

Yup! Gazelle/Jayla playing Cheetah just seems like perfect casting to me. I feel she'd do an incredible job as the character! Plus I love her accent...

Isn't gazelle the one that sang try everything in the movie zootopia?

Isn't gazelle the one that sang try everything in the movie zootopia?

Yeah, there is a character named Gazelle in Zootopia, voiced by Shakira, who sings that song.

We're talking about Kingsmen Gazelle though. Total bada**!

lesley-ann brandt
she plays the demon Mazikeen on Lucifer

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"