The Chronology of The MCU [Based On Spider-Man Homecoming]

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by Ultraman, Jul 8, 2017.

1. AlluAllu Registered

Maybe the plans for Spider-Man somehow caused this. He was certainly going to put an end to their "in real time" - practise anyway, if Feige intends to keep him in high school for the whole trilogy.

And maybe they are going for some kind of "10 years" symbolism in Infinity War.

2. NealKenneth Registered

This is exactly what is happening.
    A lot of grandstanding so far...but I've yet to see anyone win the No-Prize here. All I need is something outside of Iron Man 3 (the patsy of the retcon) or ancillary materials like AoS or pamphlets.

I did have to make one adjustment to my understanding of the timeline. Props from Homecoming were advertising the 2018 Stark Expo, but an info tile also confirms 2017. This places Homecoming in fall of 2017, with the Stark Expo some months off in the future.

We also allegedly have the Homecoming novelization stating "five years" instead of eight years. Since novelizations are based on early versions of scripts, this indicates the change was intentional...more evidence that this was a retcon and not a mistake. I have not checked the Homecoming novelization myself though.

EDIT: I have now checked the book for myself and, yep, they explicitly say five years. This was a retcon.

#77 NealKenneth, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  3. Longshot777 Registered

Year 0 - Tony reveals he is Ironman; 6 months later Ironman 2; Thor saves New Mexico

Year 1 - Cap defrosted; Avengers Assemble

Year 2 - Dark World

Year 3 - Winter Soldier

Year 4 - Avengers officially formed

Year 5

Year 6 - Age of Ultron

Year 7 - Antman

Year 8 - Civil War, Dr. Strange ; Ragnarok

Year 9 - Homecoming (8 years from Avengers)

Year 10 - Black Panther and Infinity War ???????

Simplified

#78 Longshot777, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017