THE CINEMA LOUNGE

And here was me thinking EEAAO was possibly the best movie I've ever seen. But then again I guess I am technically, just barely, a millenial so that apparently invalidates all opinions.

EEAAO aint even good enough to carry 'Jacob's Ladder' jockstrap. One of the best films of the year? I suppose. Best ever?..I'm saddened by this. May you find better grails on your film journey, I hope.

tumblr_o2eud6guYo1rcnqeto6_r1_400.gif

Bones and All

Luca Guadagnino is a master. Only he can make that Timonthee fellow less annoying to watch. Taylor Russell is superb. This would've been on my top 10 for the year, but I don't want to re do it, eh.

4/5

BONES-ALL-Katarina-Ku%CC%88hl.jpg

My top 10 for 2022

PUbtWk8.jpg

I loved Decision To Leave. Might be my favourite of the year but definitely in the top 3. I watched it in the cinema last month and then a second viewing on Mubi earlier this week when it arrived on streaming.

The ending crushed me each time.

Watched Drive my Car. It was great. But also, I recommend watching it in segments. It's definitely not a boring movie, but it's a 3 hour long understated drama.

The car is gorgeous by the way.

Watched Drive my Car. It was great. But also, I recommend watching it in segments. It's definitely not a boring movie, but it's a 3 hour long understated drama.

The car is gorgeous by the way.
If that comment is about the SAAB it really makes med glad, since I'm still sad that one of the two decently good car brands our little country managed to produce during quite some decades is forever gone now. Still really need to watch that film though, since I've read good things about it.

Last edited:
These are literally the same movie. It's just like superhero movies for your grandma. :o

Watched Amsterdam. Yeah, it was slow, but the story was very timely with things going on with MAGA Republicans right now. Good for one watch, but not a keeper.

I was thinking of Avatar WW getting best nom pictures and wondering how much live action does a film needs in order to not count as animation...

I often wonder how it counts in cinematography too.

I guess animated movies could also get art design, costume design and cinematography nods.

And of course I've been wanting for an alternative acting (voice, mobcap) award for a while.

Eh it was more or less what American Hustle was...which wasn't memorable either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"