The Colour Out of Space

I feel like I have seen a different movie to everyone as I thought it was pretty lame from the start and I was really looking forward to it. Its certainly no Mandy

Yeah same for me. It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was anything special. I would give it a 6.5/10

For me it's an 8/10.
It's an uncompromising, disturbing horror movie (I don't think I'll easily forget the mother/son subplot) which stays true to the essence of H.P. Lovecraft and is a welcome return for director Richard Stanley, who simply nails the filmmaking in this, not unlike George Miller when he returned with "Mad Max: Fury Road."
I can understand how it wouldn't strike a nerve with everyone, though. It's weird and has a deliberate pace, and even Stanley's older stuff* is not easily liked by everyone.

*I really would have liked to see his take on "The Island of Dr. Moreau." It would be cool if he gets to make it sooner or later, even though I guess it would be less accessible as it needs a bigger budget.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the info guys, did it not get a theatrical release here in the UK?

Am I crazy or was that a Marlon Brando “cameo” at the end? On the TV there was a Brando movie playing, I believe.

For anyone familiar with the director Richard Stanley’s failed attempt at The Island of Dr Moreau, that must be a deliberate tribute to his Moreau Mr Brando.

The whole "alien mutation virus" that travels through water and light and color really puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

Finally got a chance to sit down and take this in last night. Excellent adaptation of HPL, probably the best job ever done with one of his stories. Great visuals and cinematography; I can only imagine how awesome this would have looked on a big screen vs my crappy tv. Performances are uniformly excellent. Just way, way better than I hoped and after reading the early reactions I had high hopes. Definitely have to get the dvd. 9/10.

Yeah, I really liked this one. The alpacas in the barn scene was glorious and the mum/son... sweet Lord.

s6IDTe0.gif

Still havent seen this one even tho it was on top of my list. Ive seen the original adaptation from 1987 (The Curse) and while of course its a cheap B movie, I always liked it and seen it many times. Once this was announced I was eager to see it but with everything thats going on it was hard to find time. But I think its time now to finally see it

Well this movie was, something else alright. I enjoyed it but wasn’t amazed by it, it did remind me a lot of Annihilation but I thought that movie was slightly better. This wasn’t a fun watch but yet you can’t help be fascinated by what’s on the screen and what happens to certain characters, just wow.

7/10.

Last edited:
This must be pretty good because I'm a fan of HP Lovecraft and Nic Cage, but after reading the synopsis and some of the stuff that happens, I was too scared to see it. It sounds like some really messed up and freaky ****, more than in the source material - but horror fans will love this.

This must be pretty good because I'm a fan of HP Lovecraft and Nic Cage, but after reading the synopsis and some of the stuff that happens, I was too scared to see it. It sounds like some really messed up and freaky ****, more than in the source material - but horror fans will love this.

I actually thought it was pretty tame... I wanted more gore. I didn't think it was that scary. But then again I do watch a lot of messed up horror movies :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"