The Dark Knight Rises The Christopher Nolan Thread

Rocketman

Superhero
Reaction score
Shocked that this doesn't exist...

... unless it already does, in which case, I apologize.

Anyway, I think it's time to show some appreciation for Nolan by giving him his own thread. Gary Oldman has his own, Bale has his, Hardy, Anne, Joe, Marion, and so on.

How about some love for the writer / director?

In this thread, we appreciate camera angles, scenes, writing, ideas, anything and everything related to TDKR (what we know anyway) - which have come from Mr. Nolan.

Most importantly, I'm interested in hearing answers to this question: When TDKR comes and goes, will you still be excited about future Non-Batman Nolan movies?

christopher-nolan-by-robert-gauthier.jpg

If he gives me the movie I think we're getting, after Begins and TDK, I will get down on my knees EVERY DAY and service him for 1 whole hour.

His floors will be the best waxed out of ALL his friends! :awesome:

If he gives me the movie I think we're getting, after Begins and TDK, I will get down on my knees EVERY DAY and service him for 1 whole hour.

His floors will be the best waxed out of ALL his friends! :awesome:

I'll include myself in that servitude.

Nolan will probably have over a million people willing to be his personal slaves. :awesome:

Of course! Nolan is my favorite director right now.

But I will admit, there is just something so special about his Batman films. I think it's the fact that he has been telling this epic, three part story, that we have come to just want more and more of his interpretations of the Batman character. It's just so grand and epic, an event if you will.

I hope Nolan does his Howard Hughes bio-pic next. Would love for Bale to star!

For those interested, Nolan has multiple projects after TDKR.

1. Man of Steel
(Story writer, Producer, and "Godfather")

2. Future Batman films
(as Producer and "Godfather")

3. Citizen Hughes
http://tinyurl.com/6htqecy

4. The Keys to the Street
http://cdn.nolanfans.com/screenplays/keystothestreet_script.pdf
(Gemma Arterton is set to star)

5. Untitled Supernatural Thriller

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/chr...don-for-supernatural-thriller-at-warner-bros/

Christopher Nolan Taps Keith Gordon For Supernatural Thriller At Warner Bros

By MIKE FLEMING

EXCLUSIVE: Over his career, Christopher Nolan has only gotten involved in producing a picture he didn't direct when he godfathered Man of Steel, the Warner Bros Superman reboot that's going into production with Zack Snyder directing. Now, he's quietly making another exception. I'm told that Nolan's company, Syncopy, has set up a supernatural thriller at Warner Bros and hired Keith Gordon to write and direct it. Nolan's former assistant and right-hand guy Jordan Goldberg is the prime mover on the project, and Nolan and partner Emma Thomas will take executive producer credit, insiders say. Details are scant, but I'm told it's based on a novel whose title I haven't yet been able to unearth. Gordon is the actor (he starred in Christine) turned director who most recently has been directing episodes of series that include The Killing and Dexter. He's repped by CAA and The Arlook Group.

Last edited:
I've read a while ago that he would be interested by the James Bond franchise.
Could make a nice british movie :)

While I won't say I won't watch his future films I'll fess up and admit I only care about his work because of the batman films

While I won't say I won't watch his future films I'll fess up and admit I only care about his work because of the batman films
You didn't like Inception? The Prestige? Memento?

And Batman sequels.

This is something that has always confused me.

Nolan insists that this is the end of his vision.
The teaser trailer says "Every journey has an END."
"The Epic CONCLUSION to the Dark Knight Legend."

I don't understand why Nolan would produce or godfather more Batman films if everything he wanted to do is now done.

Not that I'm complaining. The more Nolan for me, the better. :word:

I liked Prestige and moreso Memento. Don't care for Inception

This is something that has always confused me.

Nolan insists that this is the end of his vision.
The teaser trailer says "Every journey has an END."
"The Epic CONCLUSION to the Dark Knight Legend."

I don't understand why Nolan would produce or godfather more Batman films if everything he wanted to do is now done.

Not that I'm complaining. The more Nolan for me, the better. :word:

I have two theories on it.

1. Nolan wants to make sure the thing isn't completely butchered like BF/B&R while also making sure that the next version isn't directly linked to his movies.

2. Nolan made some kind of deal with WB where they gave him carte blanche on TDKR's story (including the possibility of killing Batman) in exchange for his help on later Batman movies.

I love Nolans batman movies but I'd agree something different should be in store for future movies. maybe something less realistic. why tarnish Nolans name if they're bad...at least we have a chance for a fresh start

1. Nolan wants to make sure the thing isn't completely butchered like BF/B&R while also making sure that the next version isn't directly linked to his movies.

2. Nolan made some kind of deal with WB where they gave him carte blanche on TDKR's story (including the possibility of killing Batman) in exchange for his help on later Batman movies.
Where do you get #2 from? Just made it up?

I love Nolans batman movies but I'd agree something different should be in store for future movies. maybe something less realistic. why tarnish Nolans name if they're bad...at least we have a chance for a fresh start
I would love to see a Batman & Robin movie.

It might be a combination of 1 and 2.

I have a feeling that WB is nervous about anything Post-2012. Harry Potter is done, Nolan's Batman is done, Green Lantern underperformed, and Superman is being handled by Zack Snyder (whom I like immensely, but his movies underperform frequently).

I reckon that WB wants to insure that their golden child stays with the franchise that is still bringing them the most success (post-Potter, anyway). In exchange for Nolan being WB's Batman consultant, Nolan still has the freedom to do whatever he wants, including risky projects like Inception (because let's face it, without TDK's success, Inception probably wouldn't have been made, so we're very fortunate).

It sounds like a mob deal (lol), but I have a feeling something like this went down roughly 2 or 3 years ago as TDKR's script went into development.

Christopher Nolan is a great director, and I think he has left a mark on the superhero movie genre. THE DARK KNIGHT broke boundaries and it challenged many common preconceptions about what a superhero movie could be and where the genre could go, breaking boundaries and doing what was previously thought impossible on the way. I never thought I would seriously hear Oscar talk for a superhero film (outside of special effects), but THE DARK KNIGHT achieved just that.
I enjoyed Inception, as well as Memento, and I think he has the potential to be remembered alongside directors like Martin Scorsese, Steven Spielberg, Stanley Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock et cetera, if he isn't already. Thank God Warner Bros. hired him to direct Batman. I'll be seeing his future projects.

I think it's a bit of both. I think it's just he wants to have the last word on the Batman saga he started, and end it on his terms.

Definitely. In fact, I prefer his other movies. BB is an exception though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"