The Dark Knight Rises Flip a Coin: Nolan or Two-Face?

I think the way TDK ended was perfect. IMO it would of been stupid to let Two-Face live after what had happened and had been said prior to the finale. "You either die the hero or live long enough to see youself become the villain". that line sums up TDK perfectly for me and to let Harvey live would just be a massive contradiction.

its a hard decision... cause i love nolan, i've always been a fan of his even before the batman flicks. and i just cant see a good completion to the batman flicks if in deed dent is dead.... obviously in the third it will be about redemption and i cant see without dent coming back and revealing he's a sick twisted physco that batman can be redeemed.
But then again he is chris nolan...... and he can make anything happen.

I agree I want Two-Face back, if not for just a cameo, but not enough to gamble putting another director at the helm for a "final" installment. While I agree that Nolan isn't the only one who could make a great Batman movie, he might be the only one to top himself from The Dark Knight's success.

Those who voted to keep Two-Face at the expense of Nolan will be the first interned in labor camps if and when I am king.

Theres nothing wrong with being a king of fools, at least you'll be at the top of a very big pile!! :)

Damn you Nolan, create such an awesome Two-Face and now he’s dead. Sure, it makes perfect sense in the theme of the Dark Knight, but I guess I just wanted more with the character, maybe I’m getting greedy. All the hype surrounding Two-Face being the third film’s main threat had me pumped, I shouldn’t have looked.

But no way would I want Nolan to leave, wouldn’t want to risk a Joel Schumacher version in any way.

I think the way TDK ended was perfect. IMO it would of been stupid to let Two-Face live after what had happened and had been said prior to the finale. "You either die the hero or live long enough to see youself become the villain". that line sums up TDK perfectly for me and to let Harvey live would just be a massive contradiction.

Not only that, but where do you go with him? The idea of basing a third film around Dark Victory and having Two-Face in a similar role just doesn't work - they reached that emotional crescendo with him in TDK. I understand that some people want to see more of Two-Face as opposed to Harvey Dent, but I don't think it would have complimented the story as well as what they did.

If paperclips wasn't an option I'd def go with Nolan.

It's just disappointing... I mean, I love Nolan and everything, but it's sad that we won't be continuing with one of Batman's best story archs. Maybe one day we'll get a series that establishes Dent, creates Two-Face, and follows Batman as he tries tirelessly to bring Dent back to the man he used to be. There's a lot of drama there, and it could be really compelling. I don't know why Nolan didn't pursue that, but he didn't... and what's done is done.

It'd be foolish to choose Two-Face over Nolan. Although I'd like to see him again, we did truly get enough of him in TDK.

Not only that, but where do you go with him? The idea of basing a third film around Dark Victory and having Two-Face in a similar role just doesn't work - they reached that emotional crescendo with him in TDK. I understand that some people want to see more of Two-Face as opposed to Harvey Dent, but I don't think it would have complimented the story as well as what they did.

There is some story potential in Two-Face living IMO.

There is some story potential in Two-Face living IMO.

Oh, I know that. There's plenty of material for a major character like Two-Face to draw from to be able to create a great film with him as a major player. But how do you follow on from The Dark Knight? The film is in parts inspired by The Long Halloween, so it'd be natural to assume any sequel featuring Two-Face would have elements drawn from Dark Victory. But the tragedy aspect of Harvey Dent becoming Two-Face has already been reached.

I'm sure there is a way to handle him as they could focus more on the split personality of Harvey, but personally I'd prefer he's not brought back.

Nolan by far. More than satisfyied with Two-Face's use and screentime. Find a villian much more expendable than the man who took the Batman from the gutter and made him the best film franchise out there. We need Nolan, because if we lose him, we would also lose this crew who is always with him.

Oh, I know that. There's plenty of material for a major character like Two-Face to draw from to be able to create a great film with him as a major player. But how do you follow on from The Dark Knight? The film is in parts inspired by The Long Halloween, so it'd be natural to assume any sequel featuring Two-Face would have elements drawn from Dark Victory. But the tragedy aspect of Harvey Dent becoming Two-Face has already been reached.

All you really need is Two-Face's presence to kick things into over-drive. It would just reverse all the good he did as Harvey Dent where another villain can take advantage of to pursue their agenda.

When the public hears about him being responsible for the murders Gotham goes to hell in very little time.

It would be interesting to see Batman and Two-face interact after all the **** hits the fan, too.

I'm sure there is a way to handle him as they could focus more on the split personality of Harvey,

They don't need to make Harvey have a split personality to be entertaining IMO. From my perspective he permanently switched from Harvey to Two-Face after Joker's visit. I didn't see any sign of Dent in Two-Faces actions in TDK.

but personally I'd prefer he's not brought back.

Agreed.

His story's over.

Last edited:
They could still do a lot with him, but I'd rather see new villains. Let us remember that in the animated series he was focused largely on revenge, and he still worked well in other stories after he failed his attempt to gain ultimate vengeance. I say make an animated movie focusing on the events between TDK & the third Batman movie, and have Two-Face appear there. That way we get him in an animated movie, but we can also see two new villains in the third movie.

I want the first GREAT trilogy in history! No Schumaker, no fuzzy ewoks...just pure, virile NOLAN!

After Batman 3 they should call it quits with this Batman franchise. The next time we see Bale as Batman should be when a Superman/Batman movie rolls around here or when a JLA movie finally creeps from out of the shadows.

That line could be interpreted differently though. "You either DIE a hero or you LIVE long enough to see yourself become the villain." Thus if Two-Face did survive, he would survive as the villain, just like the line implies. Also, that line that the Joker says at the end about about Gotham seeing "Harvey Dent and all the great things he's done" would have more meaning because Gotham would really get to see Dent go off the deep end even more than he already had.

Just food for thought. It certainly appears that Dent is out of the picture and as long as the third installment in the series is good then I don't care who they use for a villain. But I do think there there are places they could still go with the Two-Face storyline and the concept of a cover-up.

That line could be interpreted differently though. "You either DIE a hero or you LIVE long enough to see yourself become the villain." Thus if Two-Face did survive, he would survive as the villain, just like the line implies. Also, that line that the Joker says at the end about about Gotham seeing "Harvey Dent and all the great things he's done" would have more meaning because Gotham would really get to see Dent go off the deep end even more than he already had.

Just food for thought. It certainly appears that Dent is out of the picture and as long as the third installment in the series is good then I don't care who they use for a villain. But I do think there there are places they could still go with the Two-Face storyline and the concept of a cover-up.

Yea it could be interpreted differently, but i see it like this. Harvey DIED the hero, Batman LIVED long enough to see himself become the villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"