The Congressman Paul Ryan Thread

SentinelMind

Sidekick
Reaction score
0215_paul_ryan.jpg
Because we can't get enough of this guy

Last edited:
I don't know why, but that pic makes me think of Count Chocula.

So I suppose its a done deal that he gets the VP post?

Romney just lost Florida and Pennsylvania with this pick...

Can't kill medicare in those states.

-R

Even this pick makes me think his defeat is still inevitable to Obama in November.

Even this pick makes me think his defeat is still inevitable to Obama in November.

Do you think Paul supporters will flock more to Johnson or write Paul in? Like how does Ryan affect Paul Supporters?

I'll probably still be voting Libertarian. Even if Ryan is awesome, it's still Romney that would be in charge.

The Democrats could have an axe murderer on the ticket and you'd probably still say Republicans should quit the election.

Do you think Paul supporters will flock more to Johnson or write Paul in? Like how does Ryan affect Paul Supporters?

I'm thinking Paul supporters will probably go to Johnson. Ryan will still reflect the mainstream GOP ideology which will be a major turn off to them. Paul should just suspend his campaign now and reenter as an independent. It's so sad the American people are so apathetic to keep this two party system in power for four more years regardless who gets in. The Democrats though will win by a very slim margin though. I'm personally terrified of what a Romney presidency could bring because it would be nothing good.

I'm thinking Paul supporters will probably go to Johnson. Ryan will still reflect the mainstream GOP ideology which will be a major turn off to them. Paul should just suspend his campaign now and reenter as an independent. It's so sad the American people are so apathetic to keep this two party system in power for four more years regardless who gets in. The Democrats though will win by a very slim margin though. I'm personally terrified of what a Romney presidency could bring because it would be nothing good.

Ron Paul can't even technically run for 3rd party....he has missed over half of the ballot access deadlines already. The best thing he could do is endorsed Johnson and see if it's legal to give him his campaign money he has left. If Paul dropped out today and went 3rd party, he only be on maybe 10 state ballots. Libertarian is on 34 so far...with another few being processed, with two in litigation, and one being challenged. Should still be 45 at least, with 49-50 still in play and with D.C being processed to see if signatures are valid. :yay: I checked this morning..I am night owl...

:o Greens are in like 35 ish so far and also have 6 write in's....lol. write-in's...

I'm sure Republicans would love to block the Libertarians from the ballots. You know, because of voter fraud.

I'm sure Republicans would love to block the Libertarians from the ballots. You know, because of voter fraud.

I believe in conspiracy theories, but that one I rather not believe in...or have it be true. I think in Johnson's case the Republican party is playing it safe...they don't want to take a chance of him getting well past 1%, and to do that you restrict ballot access. Won't work, he'll be on enough ballots, where with Paul supporters--and it's gonna take a lot of them coming on board--debates or no debates, I think he can poll as high as 5%, but 0.7-2% may be more likely. I imagine some Paul supporters will not back him if he misses debates. If you can't make it into the debates your max is probably 5% in general election. Maybe as low as 3% Max potential.

Paul Ryan, you've just been chosen to be the VP candidate for Mitt Romney. What's your reaction?

medium_paulryansad500_ap.jpg

Leave it to CNN and the like to talk about Ryan's hobbies instead of anything substantial when it comes to his career as a congressman. Typical.

"He does something called P90x and loves to fish for catfish".
nIwZE.jpg

That's all I've been hearing for the past hour. :dry:

Leave it to CNN and the like to talk about Ryan's hobbies instead of anything substantial when it comes to his career as a congressman. Typical.

nIwZE.jpg

That **** right there is why their ratings suck.

Oh, Red Eye on FoxNews...only thing watchable...news parody/satire FTW.

They're all horrible. I just have it on so I can watch the announcement.

They're all horrible. I just have it on so I can watch the announcement.

Red Eye ain't--have u even seen Red Eye? How it's on FoxNews and not ComedyCentral I dunno. Maybe that's why it's in the night owl slot of 3am...

Fox News CEO 1: What the bad place do we do with this Libertarian hosted, news parody, satire, comedy show?

Fox News CEO 2:....3am slot. Night owls and stoners will eat it up. Now lets trick people into thinking we are fair and balanced.

Fox News CEO 1 AND 2: LOL.

nIwZE.jpg

I also heard he listens to Nirvana. So, he can't be all bad.

It would be funny if the announcement today actually wasn't Ryan.

Red Eye ain't--have u even seen Red Eye? How it's on FoxNews and not ComedyCentral I dunno. Maybe that's why it's in the night owl slot of 3am...

Fox News CEO 1: What the bad place do we do with this Libertarian hosted, news parody, satire, comedy show?

Fox News CEO 2:....3am slot. Night owls and stoners will eat it up. Now lets trick people into thinking we are fair and balanced.

Fox News CEO 1 AND 2: LOL.

I love Red Eye. I only wish Greg Gutfield would stop being such a Republican appologist on The Five.

I also heard he listens to Nirvana. So, he can't be all bad.
He's apparently a fan of Led Zeppelin too.

Also why does he look stoned out of his mind in that head pic in the original post?

Well then hopefully he'll understand why the war on drugs is so stupid.

I just think it's funny he listens to the same music as I do. Also, he's only 9 years older than me, and that makes me feel old. I can't wait until presidential candidates are younger than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"