The Create-A-Hero RPG Season II IC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
archangelbanner1.jpg

On my way back to the scene, I speed faster than before. These angle-fire wings are awesome, but with a little bit of my own wind manipulation I wouldn't be surprised if I'm almost breaking the sound barrier. Course, as I'm speeding back I notice something peculiar in the sky. Odd.

Kensei smiles as the two heroes return.
"Excellent job, young man."

"Blue Blur", he says as he walks up to Matthew.

"It is good to see you are still with us. You performed admirably this day. As a true hero would", the Celestial Samurai says with a respectful bow to his former pupil.

"Don't talk like this over, bud, with that 'this day' at the end of your sentence. Because I think this is far from over."

I point to the general direction east from here and to the clouds. Sure, from down here it looks like we are winning and the enemy is retreating...but why does it look like those warships and the mother ship is staying put?

"Now, this may be my first alien invasion...but shouldn't they be running away with their tails between their legs after that good dish of butt-kicking we just served 'em?"

archangelbanner1.jpg

On my way back to the scene, I speed faster than before. These angle-fire wings are awesome, but with a little bit of my own wind manipulation I wouldn't be surprised if I'm almost breaking the sound barrier. Course, as I'm speeding back I notice something peculiar in the sky. Odd.

"Don't talk like this over, bud, with that 'this day' at the end of your sentence. Because I think this is far from over."

I point to the general direction east from here and to the clouds. Sure, from down here it looks like we are winning and the enemy is retreating...but why does it look like those warships and the mother ship is staying put?

"Now, this may be my first alien invasion...but shouldn't they be running away with their tails between their legs after that good dish of butt-kicking we just served 'em?"

"This is far from over", Kensei replies as he follows the angel's gaze.
"We destroyed their weapon, and defeated their champion. But this enemy is far from defeated."

"An angel", Kensei nods as he looks the hero up and down, "interesting. I have not seen one of your kind in some time."

"An angel", Kensei nods as he looks the hero up and down, "interesting. I have not seen one of your kind in some time."

archangelbanner1.jpg

"Yea, about that. Let's just clarify it now because I don't want everyone and their mother coming up to me asking 'what's God like?' and such...I'm not an actual angel. I'm just, you know, blessed by them. Hence as you can see I have fire wings and not feather ones attached to my body...can explain in detail later. You know, after the world isn't coming to an end? Heh..."

Rubbing the back of my head as everyone takes a little tibit of my story and chuckling at their disbelief, I quickly change the subject and turn to Icon.

"Alright, bro. You had the privilege of swapping fighting recipes with Ultima the most out of us and you seemed to know that alien chick you had me fly away to safety. I hereby nominate you party leader unless someone else says otherwise. And I hope no one does because man that'd be embarrassing for me. Did Ultima or that Flux chick spill anything about this alien race that could be of some use? A weakness? A way to, you know, avoid utter destruction?"

Last edited:
Rubbing the back of my head as everyone takes a little tibit of my story and chuckling at their disbelief, I quickly change the subject and turn to Icon.

"Alright, bro. You had the privilege of swapping fighting recipes with Ultima the most out of us and you seemed to know that alien chick you had me fly away to safety. I hereby nominate you party leader unless someone else says otherwise. And I hope no one does because man that'd be embarrassing for me. Did Ultima or that Flux chick spill anything about this alien race that could be of some use? A weakness? A way to, you know, avoid utter destruction?"

Icon looks to the angel and shakes his head.

"No." He says, upon seeing the reaction on the angel's face he decides to elaborate.

"Ultima likes to talk, but he isn't stupid. He did let anything slip that could help us." He pauses for a moment before continuing.

"As for Flux, she gave us alittle information that could be helpful, but not all that much. Though, she did tell me how to shut down the Eradicator."

Icon looks to each of the heroes gathered around, and notices Survivor lower his head ever so slightly.

"That girl gave everything she had to help us, and it nearly got her killed. Kensei is right about one thing, this fight is far from over. We owe it to her, and Blacklight....and we owe it to everyone on this planet to put an end to this. But we can't do it on our own....The only way to beat this thing is to do it together, as a team."

Icon stops for a moment before adding, "So, what do you say?"

"No." He says, upon seeing the reaction on the angel's face he decides to elaborate.

"Ultima likes to talk, but he isn't stupid. He did let anything slip that could help us." He pauses for a moment before continuing.

"As for Flux, she gave us alittle information that could be helpful, but not all that much. Though, she did tell me how to shut down the Eradicator."

Icon looks to each of the heroes gathered around, and notices Survivor lower his head ever so slightly.

"That girl gave everything she had to help us, and it nearly got her killed. Kensei is right about one thing, this fight is far from over. We owe it to her, and Blacklight....and we owe it to everyone on this planet to put an end to this. But we can't do it on our own....The only way to beat this thing is to do it together, as a team."

theyoungster.jpg

Without wasting any time i slightly scream out.

"I'm in no question."

Maybe i was a little to excited about that, but hey it's not like everyday i get to work along side Earth's heroes.

"It is my divine duty to protect this world from all evils. Whether they be from this world, or others", Kensei solemnly says.
"You can count me in."

"It is my divine duty to protect this world from all evils. Whether they be from this world, or others", Kensei solemnly says.
"You can count me in."

archangelbanner1.jpg

"As a team, eh? What...like Superfriends? So long as I'm not Aquaman. Yea, I'm in...but when all of this is over, I at least want a decoder ring. Something to get out of this little gig."

They all look at me. Man, they are a tough crowd. I shrug my shoulders and sigh.

"All right all right...I was only kidding. Aquaman is such a badass."

As Fontaine cruised down a highway, hunched over the wheel, in his new, old fawn s###box Oldsmobile. His mind raced over, taking everything in which he’d seen and heard since waking up. Having witnessed his planet back to the wall, beating back Armageddon he was most concerned with coming to terms with the major players.

He wasn’t impressed.

The “team” consisted of 10 “major players” that he could see, and whilst they had powers the kind of which he could barely conceive, much less believe, they were too young, too immature, too stupid and too unorganized for his perfectionist tastes.

Whilst he was unable to hear anything that was said through the early morning news replay of the situation at hand, he also knew it wasn’t hard to read lips when there’s a rabble of superheroes trying to hear each other over the chaos all around them… when the shaky news cameras could catch up with what was happening of course.

The team divided itself into two groups from what he could see, those bothering themselves with the purple and black fiend Ultima, which consisted of 4; the man called the Icon, a pale blue alien girl (who looked a lot paler and was leaking silver when it was all said and done…), another guy who seemed to have bit Fontaine’s own all-black style who was taking more punishment than even he could imagine and a little kid called Blacklight who compared with a number of others on his team showed maturity beyond his years…

Another 6 were focused on limiting the damage caused by a series of alien controlled robots and were focused on bringing down the spire the media called the Eradicator, they consisted of; a lightning fast blue kid that the media named Blue Blot or something like that, a samurai who stood out as someone who actually had his s### together, some kid in yellow and white with a black balaklava who clearly had no idea how ridiculous he looked… and from what Fontaine could tell had little idea about anything else either – to the point that his inexperience managed to stand out even in this unorganized rabble, a woman of vast destructive capabilities who didn’t have to get her hands dirty… who was perhaps having trouble controlling her enormous power as she fit in with the incompetent lot by clumsily nearly taking out Blue Ball mid-fight, some guy with wings which his overly religious mother no-doubt would have called an angel and a guy in a ‘traditional’ white old-style superhero costume with US patriotic red and blue trim who he’d never seen before who ran around doing little of use in the moment of truth like a chicken with its head cut off.

While these guys had power beyond what he could imagine Fontaine just couldn’t let the world rest in the hand of 10 such as these. Yes, they managed to destroy the doomsday Eradicator, but it was one of the least convincing wins he’d ever seen… and he was a modern day boxing fan. He also saw no signs of the maturity, outside of perhaps the one called Kensai, that suggested these guys would be analysing their efforts in the conflict to give them every bit of a chance to actually LEARN from their errors in the field.

This was unforgivable for Isaac, as someone who relied heavily on learning from experience. His way was one of investigation, strategise, conflict, analyse. Rinse and repeat. With a constant side of training running parallel.

Running blindly, head-on into conflict and relying solely on raw skills was how you get hurt or worse. But of course he was just a human.

Maybe if he had powers he’d fight like a f***ing idiot too…

As the Oldsmobile cut a path through the surprisingly average traffic he saw something up ahead and off to the right side of the road, a building felled, and beneath something of mixed emotion. A police cruiser. Scrambling through his pocket he dug for his balaklava and donned it quickly, straightening the car up slightly after the face mask was on right. Fontaine pulled the fawn lemon to the side of the road to scope out the happening. Pulling the leather gloves on over the latex he observed the scene. Rubble and loose bricks piled around on top of the car he peered through the wreckage, digging away loose rocks and tile to reveal the rear passenger window. Peering through the window he positioned himself in an effort to see through to the front seats. Empty. The mixed emotion suddenly turned to positive as the cogs turned and he realised he was about to commit another felony for the greater good. Picking up a small tile, he looked around for witnesses (understanding how difficult it would be to explain a man standing in the street dressed in black vandalising a police car) before throwing it at the rear window. The projectile bounced off the police cruiser’s window and whistling past his left ear.

[blackout]‘S###!!!’[/blackout]

[blackout]“Stupid, STUPID sonuva…”[/blackout]

Fontaine strode back to his car to do what he should have had the common sense to do in the first instance. Returning seconds later with a rather ostentatious grapple gun.

[blackout]“Yep… this doesn’t half look suss.”[/blackout] Came the thick Terrarian accent from the masked, jet-black figure with the sizeable weapon approaching the police vehicle… in broad daylight... on a main road…

Removing the claw from the barrel, and removing a bolt from his left pocket he loaded his newest toy for its first practical use. Giving a (probably unnecessary) glance before lining up the cruiser’s window from the range of half an inch.

[blackout]“Huh, even you couldn’t miss from this range…”[/blackout]

The bolt pierced the window, slinging the grapple-gun over his shoulder Fontaine made short work of the glass now that the surface had been broken, pocketing the loose bolt which rested where so many offenders had likely been seated before. With a final glance he crawled into the cruiser through the window, never more thankful for the difference in the public’s acceptance of crime between Terraria’s Cooktown and the US’s Lost Haven. It probably didn’t hurt that he was no longer in the ‘burbs near his rental property and was much nearer the city itself.

After seconds, which felt like minutes, worth of scuffling with machinery in a confined space… (Before frustrations saw him use the boot a few times, risking his prize) He emerged victorious over his inanimate foe and had himself a brand new plaything. The squad car’s GRN.

[blackout]“If you’re looking for trouble, there’s no better toy than your… *squinting to read label* Spectra… W… 12 Portable Radio. Wow. Spectra W 12. That’s two more than the Spectra W10. Yanks always get the tech first…”[/blackout]

Looking up from the label he realised he didn’t need a Spectra W12 Mobile Radio, flying in with great speed Fontaine could see that trouble had managed to find him just fine without it.

Fontaine dropped the radio into the poo-coloured Oldsmobile’s passenger seat.

Clutching his grapple gun and grabbing for the claw he saw trouble, in the name of one of those manned alien fighter pods bearing down fast as the mothership also emerged from nothingness once more.

Last edited:
aliengeneralredesign1.png

Admiral Keelan

From the sanctity of his quarters aboard the Arlaaekan mother ship "Pride," Admiral Keelan monitors the situation on the ground. The conquest of this planet had started off as planned, and with the planet's military defenses weakened, the Arlaaekan armada should have easily crushed the resistance. But something went wrong, a group of super beings fought back, not only pushing the invading forces back, but doing something that never has been done before...Destroying the Eradicator.

Keelan is a proud man, a man who has never known defeat...and he has no plans to become acquainted with it on this day. That is why he has studied his opponents...that is why he had sent advanced scouts to the planet years before in order to infiltrate the highest levels of this primitive, backwater world's governments. Staying in constant contact with his operatives, Keelan was able to learn everything he needed to know about the people of the planet Earth. Employing the knowledge that he has gained over the years, his forces should have run rough shot over this planet's defenses...yet they persist.​

Keelan is someone who has never once underestimated an opponent, however, in this case it seems that he did not take into account the resolve of the planet's mightiest inhabitants...the so called "superheroes." They have fought back hard, and come closer than any other force in the galaxy has to repelling that Arlaaekan war machine. However, in the name of The Autocrat, Admiral Keelan cannot let this stand.​

Admiral Keelan activates the com link on his desk and speaks to his assistant at the desk outside his quarters.​

"Nalini, contact Captain Tri'Karda...I need a full status report immediately."

"Of course Admiral."

Keelan turns the com center off and leans back in his chair.​

"Curious creatures, these humans. I am almost sorry that they will not even be a memory."

Admiral Keelan and Captain Tri'Karda sit alone in the Admiral's private quarters. A long, somewhat uncomfortable silence hangs in the air...at least for the captain. Tri'Karda had just finised giving the Admiral a full briefing on the mission in Central Island, and the unmittigated disaster that it turned out to be.

"So Ultima failed us..." Keelan said finally, in a way that told Tri'Karda that the Admiral was not surprised.

"Yes Admiral. The one called Icon defeated him after the destruction of the Eradicator."

"Not surprising. After all, he was once one of them. Don't worry Captain Tri'Karda, I do not blame you for his shortcomings...he is only human, so to speak. If anyone is to blame, it is our lord," Keelan pauses before adding, "And myself, for trusting in the fool."

"Sir, if I may..." Tri'Karda is cut off.

"Captain, I want you to go to the main deck and have my shuttle prepaired."

"Sir?"

"I have sat idly by and watched this battle from the safety of The Pride for far too long."

"Sir, you can't be..."

"I am serious Captain, as I said, go to the deck and make sure that my shuttle is prepared. Also, alert the dreadnaughts...I will need them to serve as my security detail. Once we land planetside, we will have the day."

"Of course, sir."

"It is time that I took full command of the troops Tri'Karda, and the only way to inspire those you command after such a...setback, is to lead from the battlefront. It is time to eliminate the resistance and claim this backwater world for Arlaaek."

"Yes sir. For Arlaaek."

Spitting out the last few teeth that Ultima had knocked loose, as they had been pushed up and out of his gums by fresh new replacement teeth, the Survivor pulled his mask back down over his mouth, and refrained from complaining about how much he hated coughing up or spitting out old damaged body parts to make way for the new pieces of meat and bone that his body regenerated.

"I'm in," he replied plainly.

"And if any of you flyers want to take the fight to that mothership up in the sky..." Adam gestured to the alien craft far off, almost hidden in the clouds, "...I could use a lift."

Spitting out the last few teeth that Ultima had knocked loose, as they had been pushed up and out of his gums by fresh new replacement teeth, the Survivor pulled his mask back down over his mouth, and refrained from complaining about how much he hated coughing up or spitting out old damaged body parts to make way for the new pieces of meat and bone that his body regenerated.

"I'm in," he replied plainly.

"And if any of you flyers want to take the fight to that mothership up in the sky..." Adam gestured to the alien craft far off, almost hidden in the clouds, "...I could use a lift."

Icon looks to the sky, only to see the Arlaaekan mothership breaking through the clouds.

"No need. It looks like it's coming to us." Icon says as a massive hangar on the bottom of the mothership opens, and a horde of fighter aircraft seemingly spills from the craft like a swarm of angry wasps.

cooltext428410933.png

Icon looks to the sky, only to see the Arlaaekan mothership breaking through the clouds.

"No need. It looks like it's coming to us." Icon says as a massive hangar on the bottom of the mothership opens, and a horde of fighter aircraft seemingly spills from the craft like a swarm of angry wasps.

The swarm of Arlaaekan fighters are met with heavy resistance by the US military aircraft, who are much more effective than they were when the attack first began. Seemingly learning from their mistakes in the earlier skirmishes, the military fighters inflict heavy damage to the alien fighters, but it is not enough. The Arlaaekan fighters are far too advanced, and the pilots far too skilled for them.

The heroes on the ground stand for a moment, watching the fight raging above. Icon looks to the Blue Blur, who has a look of grim determination on his face. He says something about Chicago, and turns and begins running in the general direction of The Windy City.

The military fighters continue to press their attack, however, the tide begins to turn in the favor of the invaders. As several of the military planes explode, becoming nothing more than fireballs and debris falling to the earth, Icon takes to the sky to engage the alien craft himself.

Elsewhere...

Lisa drives on toward Lost Haven, the radio news reports her only conversation. It feels like she has been driving for hours, but in reality she has only gone several miles from the Morse family home. Her thoughts focused on getting back to the city to be there with Scott when this all ends...if he's.....

She pushes the thought from her mind. Most of the world sees him as an invincible protector, some sort of gaurdian who can't be hurt...or worse. But to her; he's just Scott, the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

So she pushes on toward a city under seige, many of its residents having fled to escape the onslaught. She pushes on toward the man she loves, knowing that before this is done, he will need her.

Then something ahead of her breaks through the darkness, a bright light moving toward her at a breakneck speed. It takes a second for her to realize that whatever it is, is coming directly at her. The object doesn't slow down, it continues on its course, forcing her to swerve to avoid a catastrophic collision.

theyoungster.jpg

I watch as Icon takes to the skies, knowing that the environment now the battle is continuing I’m pretty much useless. Standing here is not going to help the situation so the best thing for me to do would be to search around the city and see if there is anyone who will need help. Before I take off I give a heads up to the rest of the gang.

“Since I can’t really do anything in this situation I going to run around the city see if there’s people that may need help.”

With nothing else to say I take off in the opposite direction from the fight. While running I seem to pass nothing but destruction. Even though this wasn’t the best of cities it never looked this horrible. With the way it looks you would never believe this city was ever populated. Once everything is said and done and if we win this battle this city really the whole world is going to take a long time to rebuild.

As I’m running I see what looks to be a side of a building in the middle of the road. Normally this wouldn’t be a common thing but with all the aftermath from the first wave it’s really not to surprising. While approaching the debris in the road I slow down as I see a hand laying under it. I quickly grab the remains of the building and throw it to the side. I pause as I see a woman holding her child in her arms. This image reminds me of my lost. With everything that’s been going on it almost as if I forgot what happened to my own mother. I been running around this city happy because im fighting along side other heroes not even thinking about my lost or everyone else’s lost. Guess Youngster fits me well.

Even though my mother is not here I feel as if I need to apologize. “Mom I know I wasn’t there for you when you needed me and because of that you died. I was off goofing with my powers you got attack and i was no where to in sight to help and that’s something I have to live with. But I promise you this, I will try and take situations more seriously and do everything I can to make sure things like this doesn’t happen to anyone else.”

I realize I can’t be every where but at least I can do is try and do the best I can and hopefully this will make my mother proud.

I grab the lady and her child and I place them from the middle of the road and lay them down on the side of a building. I know it’s not as good as a burial but it will have to do.
[FONT=&quot]
Hopefully at this spot they won’t be bothered with. Wasting no more time I take off to find anyone else who might need my help. [/FONT]

Clutching his grapple gun and grabbing for the claw he saw trouble, in the name of one of those manned alien fighter pods bearing down fast as the mothership also emerged from nothingness once more.
Sliding the grapple claw back into the barrel, Fontaine stared down the swift pod and its alien pilot within.

Deep down he was terrified, but his outer façade was that of a cool breeze. The truth was he’d have loved to fire away at the thing from kilometres away, nothing would have pleased him more. But he also knew all too well the limited capabilities of his own air-pressure bolt gun. He may as well spit at the hull.

As terrifying an idea as it was, he’d have to wait till it flew close. Real close. The rope he’d used for the gun was only 150m long, and with the knots intermittently tied into the rope to aid climbing that distance shortened to only about 110-120 metres, and to be honest the air pressure probably wouldn’t be enough to fire it much further than that regardless.

Then there were other things to consider as well, he was a poor shot at the best of times and this was a brand new grapple gun which he’d only really had time to shoot when testing the sight. It’d seen no field use and the first few occasions you’d take a gun out some adjustments would need to be made at the best of times, and that’s not just talking about his own (relatively) dodgy homemade weapon. That’s guns in general.

Lining up the alien craft he aimed and fired ahead of the pod. Rope began whistling from the spool as interminable split-seconds ticked by. The claw buried itself into the under-belly of the pod as the craft flew towards, over and continued to past Fontaine.

[BLACKOUT]“Holy s###, I actually hit it!”[/BLACKOUT] Fontaine exclaimed, letting slip his own astonishment.

Watching the rope give slack and begin quickly whistling away, Fontaine quickly realised exactly what this meant.

[BLACKOUT]“S###-ohs###-ohs###-ohs###!”[/BLACKOUT]

Fontaine turned and threw the grapple gun in through the open passenger side door, shutting the door over the knot on the thick rope. Not really sure what he was hoping would happen. And looked to jump clear.

The rope drew taught and held, suddenly hauling the heavy Oldsmobile more than a few metres and clipping Fontaine’s heel as he was making his lunge for safety. Obviously the pods had been designed to be as lightweight as possible to allow maximum agility. The sudden weight burdened the light alien engine and pulled the pod to Earth, smoke and sparks flying from the grounded pod til it scraped to a halt.

[BLACKOUT]“Looks like I’m gonna need a new car…”[/BLACKOUT] deadpanned Fontaine under his breath as he cautiously approached his first Arlaaekian vessel.

What emerged from the vessel was very much not what he expected, some 200m away now as Fontaine slowly approached; a humanoid being, flickering between human appearance and a bluish being which appeared to be coated in a viscous silvery liquid.

“You *ksdifaf* humanoi.. *sdjasd* I will *asdjkf* your bones and crush yo *shdffh*.”

It appears that in the crash the alien’s own appearance modification device had faltered, his appearance and language flickering eerily between the familiar and the, for want of a better word, alien.

In contrast of Fontaine’s cautious approach the alien strode confidently, walking near a parked mini. The alien’s blue head turned to look at the mini and, after looking at Fontaine, bent over and slowly lifted the tail end of the mini several inches, and then a half foot off of the ground, turning its head back to Fontaine the device flashed his form back to human revealing a twisted grin across his face.

Nice. Of course Isaac knew a few folks who lived in the gym back home who could perform similar feats… it was beyond Fontaine himself, but he wasn’t particularly bothered by it. Of course he knew what this was meant to be…

Intimidation.

“Ice” knew all about intimidation.

In particular he also knew that it was a language that was universal.

Desperate times would call for desperate measures and it looked like he was going to have to try an old trick again… a little different though, since this time it would be intentional.

Dropping his head down and the brow in his balaklava into a scowl, a sick grin flashing ivory through the darkness of the mask, Fontaine strode forward with confidence now.

Approaching the outer wall of a brownstone as he moved towards the alien he struck it. Hard.

The brownstone that is.

He swung on and hit it again, the bones in his hand finally succumbing to the force and splintering. Striking the building’s wall once more as bone tore through his flesh, and the jagged edge protruded a few inches from his skin surface.

The Arlaaekian had stopped in his tracks. Stunned at what it had seen.

Isaac continued to stride til he was closer than 12 metres from the flickering foreign figure. Reaching that distance he changed his stance, keeping his left arm up to protect his nose and dropping his mutilated right hand lower than normal for added emphasis and began circling in on the invader who looked even further from home as each second past.

Circling the invader Ice’s head dropped low and despite not knowing whether the alien could still understand what he was saying he began to growl out a lengthy diatribe, knowing the basic message would likely get across.

[BLACKOUT]‘You think you know humanity? Oh I know you’ve studied Ultima’s physiology, but you think you really know what we are?’[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]‘Let me tell you about humanity…’[/BLACKOUT]

Fontaine continued to circle the entranced alien.

[BLACKOUT]‘I belong to a species that hates itself and everyone else. In the country that you’ve chosen to invade alone over a quarter of the adult population choose to inhale over 4,000 known poisons, poisons we KNOW and get told on a constant basis that will cause cancer and numerous other fatal diseases. A species where a portion of the population will throw themselves from a plane at 10,000 feet relying on nothing but lightweight material… for no other reason but “fun”.’[/BLACKOUT]

Fontaine’s eyes flash a reflection as he continues to circle the invader.

[BLACKOUT]“A species that hates itself so much that in this country alone about 12,500 are murdered EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.”[/BLACKOUT]

Dizziness from the blood loss is starting to slowly grab at Fontaine’s mind “Not Now!” he shouts internally.

[BLACKOUT]“A species which hates everything else around us so much that thousands of species are estimated to be made extinct, directly from human practices, EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.”[/BLACKOUT]

Shaking off the fog beyond his eyes, he attempts to hold it together.

[BLACKOUT]“You think you understand us?”[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]“WE don’t even understand us.”[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]“As a species we are fundamentally insane. Generally our hatred is wild, unrestrained, vented in all directions. Ourselves. Those weaker. Those stronger. The world itself. Guideless rage diluted over countless facets of the life we think we know.”[/BLACKOUT]

Fontaine’s focus was quickly glowing blurry.

[BLACKOUT]“Congratulations, you just gave us focus.”[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]“You aren’t nearly prepared to deal with the consequences of kicking this hornet’s nest.”[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]“F*** hell. Welcome to Earth.”[/BLACKOUT] Snarled Ice, a horrific, twisted grin and burning bright eyes shining from the darkness of the balaklava.

A stone was kicked behind him.

As Fontaine turned to check where the noise came from, the Arlaaekian saw his opportunity and fled.

Turning back in time to see the absconding alien, Fontaine saw the culprit who inadvertently distracted him.

The white and yellow costumed character was unmistakable. The one he thought of as the least impressive of a bunch of immature incompetents no more than 20 minutes ago.

Turning quickly to survey the wreckage to the car, alien pod and half the street his expression changed to a far less aggressive smirk.

[BLACKOUT]“I just wanted to swap insurance information.”[/BLACKOUT]

As the world shook, darkness covered his eyes and Fontaine collapsed. Succumbing to the blood loss.

A stone was kicked behind him.

As Fontaine turned to check where the noise came from, the Arlaaekian saw his opportunity and fled.

Turning back in time to see the absconding alien, Fontaine saw the culprit who inadvertently distracted him.

The white and yellow costumed character was unmistakable. The one he thought of as the least impressive of a bunch of immature incompetents no more than 20 minutes ago.

Turning quickly to survey the wreckage to the car, alien pod and half the street his expression changed to a far less aggressive smirk.

[blackout]“I just wanted to swap insurance information.”[/blackout]

As the world shook, darkness covered his eyes and Fontaine collapsed. Succumbing to the blood loss.

theyoungster.jpg

I laugh inside about his witty comment about insurance I try not to dwell on it because this is no laughing matter. He’s losing a lot of blood and if I don’t get him help right away he’s done for. With the way the city looks I’m pretty sure there isn’t any place nearby that I could get him help. There has to be something I can… wait maybe one of the others can help him.

I kneel down and pick up the man in my arms and take off running back to the others. While running I look down to see how his condition is and I notice that he is still unconscious and still losing blood, I hope I make it in time.

When I return back to the others I see they are still in the same spot where I left them. Without hesitation I approach Kensei and the one who looks like an angel but it not. I quickly explain to them the situation.

“As I was searching around the city seeing if anyone need our help I run across this guy who was fighting one of the aliens by himself. He lost a lot of blood I didn’t know what else to do so I brought him here, hoping one of you will have a idea.”

aliengeneralredesign1.png

Admiral Keelan

A crowd gathers silently as the shuttle touches down just outside the Lost Haven city limits. They stare at the ship as it sits in its landing spot, aside from the many lights flashing almost like a strobe of some sort, there is nothing to indicate that there is anything on board.

Then there is movement. A platform extends from the side of the ship to the ground, and a door opens. For another moment, there is nothing. No sounds from inside the ship, no signs of movement....Nothing.

After several long moments, the crowd gathered around the alien shuttle hear sounds coming from inside the craft. Footsteps. Marching. And for the first time, the people of Earth lay eyes on one of the most feared military units in all the galaxy, the Arlaaekan shock troopers.

A full battalion of heavily armed troopers make their way down the platform toward the gathered crowd. The crowd gasps in terror as the alien troops descend from the craft, quickly backing away as the invading force sets foot on the planet's surface. Then the troops stop, turn and stand at attention as Admiral Keelan himself begins to make his way down the platform, flanked by his personal bodygaurds, The Dreadnaughts.

The beautiful and deadly Singe, with the ability to generate and control fire. Followed by Dew, who is able to manipulate water. Beside her is Magnus, who is able to control the magnetic properties in metal. And on the far side of the Admiral is the one they call Titan, a brute of a man with great physical strength of which could rival that of Icon himself.

The Admiral and his Dreadnaughts arm met by the commander of the shock troops as they reach the bottom of the platform.

"Awaiting your orders, Sir." The commander says, saluting the Admiral as the gathering crowd grows more hostile, yelling and throwing things toward the assembled invasion force.

"Commander Syras, have your men pull back behind us. I would like to address the humans myself." Admiral says with a sinister grin.

"Of course, Admiral," He says, then turns to the shock troopers. "Back to the ship!" The commander yells. The troops obey, moving back behind the Admiral and his Dreadnaughts.

"Singe, my dear. Why don't you show these humans just how you got your name."

"My pleasure, Admiral." She says as her entire body is engulfed in a massive inferno. With a mere thought, the flame begins to spread out from her body, almost like a violent storm, a tornado of fire..incinerating the crowd before they could scream.

Last edited:
theyoungster.jpg

I laugh inside about his witty comment about insurance I try not to dwell on it because this is no laughing matter. He’s losing a lot of blood and if I don’t get him help right away he’s done for. With the way the city looks I’m pretty sure there isn’t any place nearby that I could get him help. There has to be something I can… wait maybe one of the others can help him.

I kneel down and pick up the man in my arms and take off running back to the others. While running I look down to see how his condition is and I notice that he is still unconscious and still losing blood, I hope I make it in time.

When I return back to the others I see they are still in the same spot where I left them. Without hesitation I approach Kensei and the one who looks like an angel but it not. I quickly explain to them the situation.

“As I was searching around the city seeing if anyone need our help I run across this guy who was fighting one of the aliens by himself. He lost a lot of blood I didn’t know what else to do so I brought him here, hoping one of you will have a idea.”
Stirring, the world slowly reformed before him. Never fully, always blurry. He felt himself being carried by the guy in yellow and white.

[BLACKOUT]
"Noo-o. No hospital. *nnnnn* 'll die. Get. Forty -et... Forty eight Pinkerton Drive. West Beeeeach."
[/BLACKOUT]
Fontaine didn't black out a second time but he was going down for the count fast.

Still amazing though... even when he couldn't see straight he could still lie his arse out of getting taken to a hospital...

He managed to cling tenaciously to consciousness but he was barely with it.

The assortment of Earth's finest looked at each other as seconds felt like hours.

I've been tied down in my room for five or six hours now, struggling against the restraints the whole time. It took me freezing through two sets of zip ties for them to break out the metal cuffs. I almost froze through those too, before they stuck an anesthetic drip right into the gland. Now I can't get so much as a flake of quicksilver out of it. And suffice it to say, a needle in your neck is not the most comfortable thing.

And on top of everything else, I really need to go to the bathroom.

Security's also ripped the lock out of my room. Now two guards stand outside at all times. I wonder if they'll untie me if I tell them what electronic locks are actually good?

One of the guards unlocks the door and opens it. "Kevin!"

"Hey Darren."

"Thank god it's you. You've got to untie me. My bladder can't take much more of this."

"The Director doesn't really care. He's...pretty unhappy with you."

"Oh come on. What did he expect. This place is worse than prison. Maybe if he gave me a tv. Or even a lousy newspaper, I wouldn't be going stir crazy."

"Well, I'll try talking to him again, but-"

"Kevin," my voice gets very serious. "What the hell is going on?"

"...On?"

"Don't give me that innocent ********. I saw the moon. Or maybe I should call them moons?"

"Um..."

"You've gotta tell me what's going on. I'm losing my mind in here."

Kevin looks back at the mirror. A speaker pops on. "Go ahead, Doctor. Maybe if he knows how bad things are, he'll finally be willing to help." The Director. I'm really tired of him and his smug voice.

Kevin sighs. "It's...it's an alien invasion."

"........heh...heh....hahaha...hahahahahahaha..." I laugh for a long time. "Oh man," I say, catching my breath. "Oh man, thanks, I needed that. After all this, I needed a good laugh. Thanks, Kevin. But seriously. Was it an asteroid? Rogue planet? Something like that?"

He gives me an odd looks. "It's an alien invasion, Darren."

I shake my head, smiling. "Kevin, come on-"

The door opens again and the fat bastard himself walks in. "The Doctor isn't joking, Mr. Cole." He pulls something like an iPhone out of his jacket and presses a couple of buttons. A video pops up and he shows it to me.

A freaking alien invasion. With flying ships, and blue-skinned troops, and lasers, and buildings blowing up, and everything.

I refuse to believe what I'm seeing. "Very funny. Did I miss the latest summer blockbuster or something? Those special effects are pretty good."

"Millions of people around the world have died, Mr. Cole. This isn't a laughing matter."

I look at The Director, then Kevin, then back again. "You're serious?"

"Always."

"...Oh crap."

archangelbanner1.jpg

The kid in the hoodie...well, I never quite got his name but the kid in the hoodie brings back some dude wearing all black: black gloves, black shoes, black jumpsuit, black harness, and lastly a black balaklava. Needless to say that this dude's fashion sense is waaay off here. Then I notice that this guy just got the crap kicked out of him while defending some alien invaders and it's confirmed: his superhero get-up needs some work.

All joking aside, I walk up to the kid in the hoodie.

"He looks pretty banged up. I can try heal him, but...it could take some time. To be honest the current setting isn't the most pleasant. The last thing I need is those alien baddies up there coming down here and interrupting me while I play Operation. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to touch the sides and have him get shocked."

Humor makes everything better. What makes this all that much easier to endure. We're fighting our fight, and even when it looked like things were impossible we came out victorious. Gotta keep the morale up.

Stirring, the world slowly reformed before him. Never fully, always blurry. He felt himself being carried by the guy in yellow and white.

[blackout]
"Noo-o. No hospital. *nnnnn* 'll die. Get. Forty -et... Forty eight Pinkerton Drive. West Beeeeach."
[/blackout]
Fontaine didn't black out a second time but he was going down for the count fast.

Still amazing though... even when he couldn't see straight he could still lie his arse out of getting taken to a hospital...

He managed to cling tenaciously to consciousness but he was barely with it.

The assortment of Earth's finest looked at each other as seconds felt like hours.

"48 Pinkerton Drive. Gotcha. Let's say we bring the party to that dude's place. This way we can further discuss our countermeasures to the alien attacks and make the final blow to send them packing while I do my best to try and patch him up."

I take the dude from the kid's hands, and I take off into the sky. Course, after looking around in all directions I sigh as I swoop back down, levitating a few feet above the ground and smirk at the guys with great embarrassment.

"Uh, yea...I'm kinda not from around here. Boston Boy born and raised...where is Pinkerton Drive? Someone care to lead the way?"

Last edited:
As Icon weaves between the Arlaaekan fighters, dodging their heavy weapon fire, something catches his attention. One of the military jets is hit, one of its wings blown off and the pilot is trying to bail out...to no avail.

Without thinking, he swoops down and intercepts the falling jet ripping open the front entry hatch, and pulling the pilot from the cockpit.

"I've got you." He says, with the pilot in one hand and the wrecked fighter jet in the other, as two more Alaaekan fighters advance on him.

As they approach, Icon hurls the ruined military jet at the advancing alien craft. The two alien fighters explode on impact, and with the coast somewhat clear, he pulls the pilots chute, and releases him, letting him slowly drift down to safety.

Then something else catches his attention. Out of the corner of his eye he sees The Youngster rushing toward the angel carrying someone that he had never seen before. He watches as they talk for a moment, but can't hear what they are saying. So he focuses on them, trying to block out all the other noise so that he can make out what they are saying.

"48 Pinkerton Drive. Gotcha. Let's say we bring the party to that dude's place. This way we can further discuss our countermeasures to the alien attacks and make the final blow to send them packing while I do my best to try and patch him up."

I take the dude from the kid's hands, and I take off into the sky. Course, after looking around in all directions I sigh as I swoop back down, levitating a few feet above the ground and smirk at the guys with great embarrassment.

"Uh, yea...I'm kinda not from around here. Boston Boy born and raised...where is Pinkerton Drive? Someone care to lead the way?"

Agreeing with the angel's sentiments, Icon makes his way to the ground.

"Did you say Pinkerton Drive? It's not too far from here. Let's go."

archangelbanner1.jpg

His grip on the situation loosening rapidly Fontaine offered an inaudible mumble:

[BLACKOUT]
"These god-damned unorganised idiots are going to be the death of me..."
[/BLACKOUT]

And for the second time in minutes; Fontaine's head rolled back on his neck, his eyes rolled back towards his brain and his brain fell back into the cosmos...

Agreeing with the angel's sentiments, Icon makes his way to the ground.

"Did you say Pinkerton Drive? It's not too far from here. Let's go."

The cloudy sky lit up a bright orange in the distance, and Kensei looked to that direction and grimaced. Something horrible was happening, he could feel it in his bones.
As the battle raged around them, Kensei turned to his fellow heroes.

"I apologize, but I will not be accompanying you. I will stay and help keep these invaders at bay. If you can find a way to end this, do it quickly."

Kensei took out his figurine of Pegasus. Once more the Swordsman summoned the magical steed, and, in a whirlwind of smoke, the mythical horse was now standing where the figurine once stood.

"May the Primordial Sky watch over you and grant you strength", Kensei said as he leaped onto Pegasus' back.

The horse bucked and flapped it's feathery wings before launching off into the sky. With speed and agility that surprised the onlookers, Kensei guided Pegasus through the dogfights taking place around them as they headed towards the orange glow towards the outskirts of Lost Haven...

Watching Kensei take off, the Survivor can't help but sigh. He'd rather be out there fighting the good fight than helping to nurse some banged up wannabe back to health. What exactly am I gonna do to help out here? he thought. Archangel seems to have it covered.

survivor023tm9.jpg

Then again, the invaders in the immediate area seem to have been cleared out, and it would take a while to get to the next battlezone on foot. His best bet, ironically enough, would be to stick with the rest of the heroes for now, and hopefully catch a lift with them when the time for babysitting is over.

Lost Haven Tales: The Invasion

As the battle for Lost Haven rages across the city, Sarah and Jason Harrison fight their own war against the Arlaaekan invaders. For as long as they can remember, the Harrison twins have been special. Each with a unique ability; Sarah possissing the gift of telekinesis, and Jason possesses the ability to create miniature "sonic booms" by vibrating his vocal cords at a high rate of speed.​
Although they have been blessed with these abilities, they have tried to ignore them for the most part, choosing to live a normal life. And for the most part, they have been successful. That is, until the day the moon exploded and the alien invaders descended on the world.
At first, the Harrison twins did what most of the world did...looked on in terror at the sheer destruction brought about by those first alien attacks. But soon the initial terror was replaced with a firm resolve to do what must be done to protect those they love from this menace.
That resolve was tested when the first wave of Arlaaekan death squads began terrorizing their neighborhood just south of East Anderson Blvd.
The twins were hiding behind a dumpster, trying to figure out exactly what they planned to do. That is when they heard the screams. After a moment, they located the source of the disturbance...the Anderson Home for Children.
Determined to protect the children of the Home, the Harrison twins emerge from their hiding place to engage the alien death squad. Jason begins vibrating his vocal cords at a high rate of speed, and emits a sonic boom that knocks several of the hostile aliens from their feet. Sarah on the other hand takes a more direct path...hurling a burnt out mini van into a crowd of the alien troops.
The twins fight bravely, giving the staff of the Anderson Home for Children enough time to evacuate the building. However, they are no match for the advanced training and weaponry of the Arlaaekan death squad. As Jason focuses his sonic attack on the enemy, he is struck in the chest by a round from one of the Arlaaekans' many firearms. He struggles to remain on his feet and fight on, but is struck by another round. He struggles for several more steps before collapsing to the ground.
Sarah feels a sudden emptiness in her very soul, and she knows that it is too late for Jason. However, she can't just leave him. So she abandons the fight and goes toward the spot where her brother lay. Suddenly, she feels an intense pain in her side, and looks down to see that she is covered in blood. Her knees go weak and her legs fail her as she falls to the ground. She crawls over to her brother and begins craddling his lifeless body. The last thing she sees is the barrel of the alien weapon leveled at her head, and the grin on the Arlaaekan's face as he pulls the trigger.

"My pleasure, Admiral." She says as her entire body is engulfed in a massive inferno. With a mere thought, the flame begins to spread out from her body, almost like a violent storm, a tornado of fire..incinerating the crowd before they could scream.

The flames subside, almost like an out-going tide, leaving nothing but scorched earth and charred skeletons behind. Wisps of smoke still trail off the blackened bones and the piles of ash scattered throughout the area as the Dreadnaughts step off of the platform and casually walk into the ruination.

With a high-pitched whistle, a white arrow soars in, slamming itself into Singe's shoulder and knocking the woman onto her back.
All eyes look down to her, as Singe, her own eyes wide with shock, looks to the large white arrow sticking out of her shoulder and her life force seeping out from the wound.

"H-how is this...possible", she questions aloud as she tries to remove the arrow.

Magus reaches down to help his comrade up, but another arrow flies in, striking him in his outreached hand. He lets out a yelp as he quickly retracts his hand with the white arrow firmly lodged in it.

As the Dreadnought winces in pain, their collective gaze turns skyward to the lone warrior riding a shining white, flying horse above them.

Pegasus dissipates in a cloud of smoke as the Celestial Samurai falls towards the ground. Landing on his feet, Kensei slowly stands, drawing the mythical Kusanagi as he does so.

"You will pay for those you butchered today", the Swordsman states with a look of grim determination.

The Demon's Bane waded in towards the what seemed to be the leader of these villains, only to find the massive blue one moving to block his path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back