Iron Man 2 The Critics review Iron Man 2

I'm surprised the RT meter is as low it is now for this movie. Never would have expected it.

I'm surprised the RT meter is as low it is now for this movie. Never would have expected it.

I too am suprised, but I think it's worth noting the more reputable critics are giving the movie a thumbs up. A few exceptions yes, but when guys like Ebert and Roeper give a movie thumbs up, it's probably a good movie.

The reaction seems to be similar to Sherlock Holmes, which in my opinion was awesome, and the more reputable critcs agreed. Other people couldn't get over their hatred of Guy Ritchie, which is patently unfair.

I too am suprised, but I think it's worth noting the more reputable critics are giving the movie a thumbs up. A few exceptions yes, but when guys like Ebert and Roeper give a movie thumbs up, it's probably a good movie.

The reaction seems to be similar to Sherlock Holmes, which in my opinion was awesome, and the more reputable critcs agreed. Other people couldn't get over their hatred of Guy Ritchie, which is patently unfair.

Yeah, the fact that both Roepher and Ebert gave IM2 a thumb-up, along with Travers, really give me some optimism that the movie won't be as bad some some internet bloggers seemed to suggest.

I didn't like Roeper when he first popped up, but he's a lot more fair than most and doesn't BS or try to come off as a pseudo intellectual

I'm still seeing this come Friday night and will more than likely enjoy it.

When some of the complaints have been "too slow, not enough Iron Man but it needed less action".

Contradictory BS like that is what causes me to not take their review seriously. Most of the crap out there actually passing by as "reviews" are just following the same hive mind insertion that there needed to be more Iron Man but needed less action at the same time?

I mean come on.

I'm still seeing this come Friday night and will more than likely enjoy it.

When some of the complaints have been "too slow, not enough Iron Man but it needed less action".

I mean come on.

Has any review said there's too much action?

This is just bouncing all over the place. And there's still another 75 reviews or so to come in.

Im staying out of the rate and review thread....apparently if you enjoyed the movie you are a simple drooling idiot

Have most of the top critics had their say now? Won't it be mostly lowly bloggers from here on in?

some of the main critics usually throw their stuff up sunday or monday mornings

Interesting that Cyrus gave SM3 full price(if memory serves) yet gave IM2 a matinee. But then he's an admitted Spidey fan first and foremost.

Cyrus is usually the one to go lenient on these kinds of movies seeing as he's an unashamed fanboy

That robot shot at me!

Sir, it gave you your $20...:hehe:

He didn't go as lenient on this movie. He gave it a matinee. Leon gave SM3 & this a full price. So the Spill guys gave this 2 full prices and 3 matinee's(Carlyle is the other full price).

Interesting that Cyrus gave SM3 full price(if memory serves) yet gave IM2 a matinee. But then he's an admitted Spidey fan first and foremost.

Wow! Gotta have some serious bias there. When I first saw Spider-man 3, I was lenient, I think I gave it 7/10. The more I watched it, it's like a 5.5 out of 10. There's a good movie in there somewhere, but it's 1/2 hour too long.

The problem with Venom was basically Topher Grace was horrible, and the more I watched it, it's so obvious how bad he is. It's really sad, because I thought the Sand Man stuff was great. One of the best scenes in that movie is SandMan trying to reform himself after the accident.

Now I'm setup for 7:15 tonight for IM2, so we'll see how it compares, but juding from the actors involved, I'm not expecing a bunch of crying and EMO boy stuff.

Those spill guys are funny, but most of the time I never really agree with them on movies. There's no way Spiderman 3 is better than Ironman 2

I give Ironman 2 a solid 7.5 out of 10, The movie was really dope I enjoyed it, but I deff think it could of been better with some areas.

I give Ironman 2 a solid 7.5 out of 10, The movie was really dope I enjoyed it, but I deff think it could of been better with some areas.

That was how I felt. Most of the negative critiques of the movie were correct, but the performances across the board were so good that the movie's flaws didn't really affect my enjoyment of the movie.

That was how I felt. Most of the negative critiques of the movie were correct, but the performances across the board were so good that the movie's flaws didn't really affect my enjoyment of the movie.

I seriously think it was one of the best-acted superhero movies I've seen. Every single performance was just great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"